**The Official Everything MMA Related Thread**

Soldato
What an awesome card, fight after fight just got better and better.. Ridiculous finishes I feel a Rory vs Lawler part 2 as there should be Rory was winning for sure and was unfortunate but Lawler stood strong even when hurt and wanted to keep pushing. Also glad Mcgregor won, Mendes looked tired after round 1, Aldo vs Mcgregor will be insane.

That was already fight number 2 for rory and Lawler wasn't it?

Man of Honour
Last edited:
Soldato
Best UFC in years, every fight was superb - total tear ups from the off.

Great finishes, great fights, great respect between fighters is the one thing that makes me come back for more!

Perfect setup for Aldo v McGregor!

Love love loved it!!!

Soldato
UFC 189 Bonuses: Lawler, MacDonald, McGregor, Almeida Pocket $50K

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/UF...MacDonald-McGregor-Almeida-Pocket-3650K-88985

McGregor and Mendes both got $500k just to turn up and fight with McGregor also getting $3 - $5 per PPV sold, McGregor should clear $5m

They're just the declared "Of the night" bonuses - there are a lot of undeclared locker room bonuses handed out. From things I've read in the past they can be pretty generous.

Looks like its going to be a bigger money maker than UFC 100. For all the ability of guys like Bones and Anderson, you have to say that Connor is the sports first true superstar. Can run his mouth like an absolute pro and has the fight style to back it up (so far)

Great card, great fights, best event I've seen in many years.

Soldato
Unreal night of fights.

a2Sob6r.png

Christ.

As a general rule I don't like Rory Mac, but he was an absolute warrior to hang in there for as long as he did with a broken nose. He needs a long rest up before he gets back in the ring though, you really can't have many fights like that in your career.

Man of Honour
ofc, there was one very bad fight from the prelims that no ones mentioned yet...
Cathal Pendred.
what the **** is this guy doing in the UFC?

Soldato
McGregor and Faber announced as the coaches for the next season of TUF...

Does that not mean that we'll have to see McGregor vs Faber before he eventually gets Aldo?

Back
Top Bottom