1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

**The Official Everything MMA Related Thread**

Discussion in 'Sports Arena' started by The IPB, 29 Jun 2009.

1. Quinnaay

Soldato

Yep, pretty wild!

2. Manbatius

Wise Guy

Is the UFC Glasgow fight night not live?

Just noticed some of the bets have been pulled but it does not start until 9 on bt sport..

3. reiyushin

Soldato

Watching it on bt sport right now, it's the main event!

4. Manbatius

Wise Guy

Well that's weird my listing says swiss super league until 9pm on BT sport 2. Then UFC glasgow at 9pm. Yer just starting now.

Test cricket on bt sport 1....

Just noticed your location, I suspect they show it on tv non live in the country it is on perhaps for ticket sales!

5. McBain

Capodecina

We're on tape delay, figured because it was on BT Sport @ 9 that it was live ... I was watching Fight Night 71 and jumped on MMA Junkie to see the response to the fights and saw most of the results of UFC Glasgow :(

The Mir and Duffee fight was mad!

6. cainer

Man of Honour

im a big MIR fan now

7. McBain

Capodecina

Close fight with Bisping and Leites, could've gone either way for me. Leites was walking him down and throwing big shots but it felt like Bisping was landing much, much more. Couldn't argue for that to go either way. Bit silly at the end for Bisping to be calling out the likes of Rockhold and Weidman though, don't fancy his chances against any of those guys :p

8. Vipernet

Mobster

Great event. Well worth the money for the ticket, the atmospher was amazing when JoJo came out. My 3 mates I was with all had the main going with Leites whereas I had scored it for Bisping. Very disappointed with Ross, he figured out how to stop the takedowns by the last round, but it was too late by then. Ireland for the next local UFC?

9. McBain

Capodecina

Yep, Dublin in October.

No idea when they'll be coming back to England, last event was what, 18 months ago? Nothing scheduled either.

10. ncjok

Gangster

Enjoyed the Mir fight, but every time I watch him I worry about his cardio.

If he had fought at 188 in Mexico City he'd be gassed by the end of the ring walk :D

11. nemtizz

Capodecina

[​IMG]

This Reebok deal sure sucks a fat one.

12. Vipernet

Mobster

I read that this morning! That's crazy biscuits! First Bert, now Stitch! UFC won't be the same.

13. JoeF1

Mobster

I would love a backlash from the fighters, especially the one's which aren't happy about the sponsorship deals anyway.

Doubt it will happen much more than the "it won't be the same without you" tweets worried they will be down the road too.

14. Rids

Soldato

Getting rid of Burt was a complete non-issue for me, no idea how the guy even had a career.

However I can't agree with the UFC getting rid of the best cut man in the business - that is going to have a direct impact on fighter safety and well being. I just can't support that, its a massive overreaction to some pretty mild comments that he has made.

15. reiyushin

Soldato

That's just BS...

Another BS thing is Todd Duffee's paycheck for the main event vs mir was $12000.....after trainer, gym, medical fees etc he's gonna end up with very little.
    This used to be made up for by the sponser deals but as with the new reebok deal he's getting sweet FA.

16. McBain

Capodecina

Sure does seem the lower featured fighters are getting the serious shaft with this deal. The UFC will spin it that the fighters are getting the money from the deal, but that doesn't take away the fact that most of them will be out of pocket.

Not surprised people are speaking out about it, i'm equally unsurprised people are getting sacked off the back of it.

To cap it off, the 'uniforms' look utter generic gash.

17. cainer

Man of Honour

[​IMG]

sod the main event, im just watching to see Misha's ass <3 :D

18. kaotikuk

Hitman

Its gonna be a good night!! especially for tate's booty! But ye i like dillashaw hes good.

19. cainer

Man of Honour

if she was my gf id buy her a wonder woman outfit.. just for private times ;)

[​IMG]

Last edited: 25 Jul 2015
  20. nemtizz

Capodecina

Greatest walkoff KO ever by Lauzon. Awesome.