**The Official Everything MMA Related Thread**

Caporegime
I see Jones is in trouble with the police again, for road traffic violations :p

He doesn't do too well on the road, it was only a few weeks ago that he got done doing 75 in a 30.

Time for him to get a driver.

Last edited:
Soldato
Not only that. He has now been arrested for a probation violation. Weird, I thought he had changed completely after the Ariel Helwani interview. ;)

Soldato
The thing I hate most about Jones, isn't that he is a Grade A ********, its that he likes to come off all holier than thou.

Absolute ring piece.

Soldato
Cyborg vs Leslie Smith at UFC 198. Catchweight at 140lbs. Ronda, Miesha, Holly, be scared. Be very scared.

I don't really see why to be honest - unless the UFC make up a women's catchweight title, who's going to want to face her?

I could be wrong but I thought the heaviest weight class in the women's division is Bantamweight and if Santos can't make that weight then she's going to be the champion of a very lonely division!

Caporegime
Conor's making a massive mistake in my opinion. He's going to end up with no belt, and a much lower draw if he loses again. Even with a different game plan is he really going to win a decision against an extremely good boxer who this time will have a camp? Needs to avoid getting wobbled again and he can say goodnight to learning any kind of Jiu Jitsu defence that will work against Diaz who is elite level in a couple of months.

It's good he's putting it all on the line and not taking the easy route but it could be the beginning of the end for where he wanted to be if he loses the rematch.

Soldato
Mcgregor will get his ass handed to him even more so this time when diaz has had a proper camp

Makes a bit of a mockery of the belts.

Mcgregor should have had a title defence before this rematch - wheres aldos rematch?

Will McGregor be vacating the belt because he should

Caporegime
It does seem ridiculous that an interim belt is created just to allow a fighter to fight at a higher weight class. If someone is injured OK, but he's in a position to be able to defend... so he should defend or vacate.

200 is shaping up to be quite the card, doesn't hold a candle to 100 though.

Conor's making a massive mistake in my opinion. He's going to end up with no belt, and a much lower draw if he loses again. Even with a different game plan is he really going to win a decision against an extremely good boxer who this time will have a camp? Needs to avoid getting wobbled again and he can say goodnight to learning any kind of Jiu Jitsu defence that will work against Diaz who is elite level in a couple of months.

It's good he's putting it all on the line and not taking the easy route but it could be the beginning of the end for where he wanted to be if he loses the rematch.

Definitely a risky fight for Conor, I think he will be considerably more conservative with his strikes this time round and appreciate that his power at 170 might not be able to put the likes of Diaz away. If he holds some power back a little bit there's no reason he can't out strike Diaz, he completely lit up him in the first last time out.

He ultimately lost because he gassed, kept his hands down and got caught. Can't see him trying that again.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom