**The Official Everything MMA Related Thread**

Caporegime
Reading an interview with Dana, he basically said himself, Lorenzo and Kavanagh all tried to talk Mcgregor out of this rematch.

Sounds to me like what Mcgregor wants, he gets :p

Caporegime
Another slap on the wrist for Jones it seems. He has to take a driving improvement course, some more community service and an anger management course.

That should teach him.

Soldato
Strange having a non title fight as the headline of your biggest event for years.

I thought this too - don't get me wrong I'm a fan of McGregor but no way should a pointless rematch get top billing over a title fight!! (except maybe the stupidly light classes - zero interest in Might Mouse or Cruz defending their belts!)

was never really a GSP fan tbh, im not that fussed whether he comes back or not

There is no denying that that GSP was/is a phenomenal athlete but I can't remember the last time I found one of his fights exciting!

Making the Aldo-Edgar fight for the interim title is just a joke too - if McGregor isn't going to defend at 145 then strip him of the belt!!!!

Caporegime
GSP was much more exciting before he got finished by Serra, he then went more into 'domination' mode instead of 'killer'.

Still one of the best, if not the best of all time. He dominated pretty much every single round up until the Hendricks fight, the only other person to really win a round was BJ.

Last edited:
Soldato
I think it's a bit harsh demanding Conor vacate his belt because he's fighting at 155 within a few months, considering how long Aldo had the belt with his pretty much yearly defence. Conors got plenty of time to fight at 155 and still defend that 145 belt more regularly than Aldo was managing.

What's stupid is giving Aldo and Edgar an interim shot just because Aldo refuses to fight unless it's for a belt and they'd already promised Edgar a title shot.

Soldato
OSP vs Jones for the interim title I read somewhere!

Between this and the Aldo-Edgar interim belt joke I think Dana might just want everyone to have a title so he can promote more title fights!

I'm all for interim titles if the champion is out long term so as not to hold up the division but to just create titles for the sake of it devalues them immensely imo!

Associate
OSP vs Jones for the interim title I read somewhere!

Between this and the Aldo-Edgar interim belt joke I think Dana might just want everyone to have a title so he can promote more title fights!

I'm all for interim titles if the champion is out long term so as not to hold up the division but to just create titles for the sake of it devalues them immensely imo!

Yep, worrying trends!

On a side note in my hearts of hearts I just love watching two people thrown down so at least with Dana's system I get this fulfilled :)

Back
Top Bottom