**The Official Everything MMA Related Thread**

Soldato
Awesome from Jimi got to be a title shot now Rumble v Jimi would be one hell of a fight. Scary dudes, gutted for Pickett hasn't been the same for a while and was looking pretty good until he got tagged. Good stoppage it hurts to say.

Caporegime
Fair to say the Posterboy isn't the sharpest, Eddie Hearn and David Haye?! :p

Still, what a KO. Gunny looked awesome as did Diakiese from the undercard! He could be one to watch.

Was a good night of fights all in all.

Last edited:
Associate
Marc Diakiese's performance (in the 1 minute his fight lasted) was amazing. He looks like Yair with crazy knock-out power :D

Walk away KO damn :D

The atmosphere sounded amazing, particularly when Bruce announced Brad Pickett.

Caporegime
It's a very good looking main card although i'm getting tired of these token womens fights taking up a slot. Sure, by all means add a compelling womens fight to the card if needs be, but 2 unranked strawweights?

Caporegime
Sigh, I was looking forward to that fight as well :(

I don't get why fighters are risking this sort of thing during in competition testing.... by all accounts you can smoke as much weed, snort as much coke and any other recreational drugs you wish outside of in competition testing, so why not just wait. He clearly has mental issues given he can't control his diet either.

With his weight cutting issues and now this, he's running a fine line with the UFC which is a shame, he's got bags of talent. Oh, and Silva has dodged a bullet here, I think Kelvin would've starched him.

Caporegime
Looking at putting some money on DC, i'm surprised to see AJ the favourite at some bookies.

Secondly, Weidman looked absolutely dreadful at the weight in, looked like he was on his death bed!

Thirdly! DC came in, misses weight at 206.2, walks off and comes back two minutes later holding a towel in front of him and makes 205? Then Rumble weighs in at 203.8, the same weight under as DC was over. :p Seems fishy!

Last edited:
Associate
DC's weigh-in was definitely fishy. It's impossible to lose 1.2 lbs in 2 minutes. He looked like he could barely walk to the scale.

My money's on Rumble :D

Man of Honour
DC's weigh-in was definitely fishy. It's impossible to lose 1.2 lbs in 2 minutes. He looked like he could barely walk to the scale.

My money's on Rumble :D

i didnt watch the weigh ins, but apparently they get 2 hours to sweat it off before they weigh in for a second time

Caporegime
Not the case anymore I don't think, they have a certain timeframe that they have to weigh in. DC weighed in with probably 3/4 minutes to the deadline, meaning he had 3/4 minutes to drop 1.2 pounds.

Associate
Nope and DC's first weigh-in was close to the end of the two hour window. Looking back at it, you can clearly see he rests his arms on the towel.

Back
Top Bottom