**The Official Everything MMA Related Thread**

Caporegime
Just watched last nights event, first things first Grisham is just terrible, quite how he’s kept a commentary job after his last effort is beyond me.

Him and Stann are probably the worst commentary team in UFC history.

Fight wise:

Perry Vs Ellenberger - Gutted with that result, Perry is a grade A douchebag but have to say that was a delicious elbow.

Wineland Vs Dodson - Felt more like a standard 125 fight, IE: boring

Iaquinta Vs Sanchez - Beautiful performance, Sanchez is too tough for his own good sometimes, was hurt and wanted to just trade shots. Huge mistake.

Swanson Vs Lobov - Fairly entertaining fight. Funny listening to Stann talk about Lobov’s amazing cardio, he looked gassed half way through the 3rd round. He’s never looked like he had particularly good cardio. He is tough, but that’s his best aspect, was far too much of a step up in competition.

Which clown gave Swanson the first round though? Cecil Peoples, is that you?

Associate
Just watched last nights event, first things first Grisham is just terrible, quite how he’s kept a commentary job after his last effort is beyond me.

Him and Stann are probably the worst commentary team in UFC history.

Fight wise:

Perry Vs Ellenberger - Gutted with that result, Perry is a grade A douchebag but have to say that was a delicious elbow.

Wineland Vs Dodson - Felt more like a standard 125 fight, IE: boring

Iaquinta Vs Sanchez - Beautiful performance, Sanchez is too tough for his own good sometimes, was hurt and wanted to just trade shots. Huge mistake.

Swanson Vs Lobov - Fairly entertaining fight. Funny listening to Stann talk about Lobov’s amazing cardio, he looked gassed half way through the 3rd round. He’s never looked like he had particularly good cardio. He is tough, but that’s his best aspect, was far too much of a step up in competition.

Which clown gave Swanson the first round though? Cecil Peoples, is that you?

Agreed - particularly about Grisham, he was awful.

Associate
I do like Anik now I must admit but I don't recall him being as bad a Grisham was.

I don't know if it's been officially announced but it looks like Cowboy vs Lawler is back on for UFC 213 :D

Caporegime
UFC 211 this weekend, pretty decent card.

I see Cejudo Vs Pettis has been cancelled and Jotko Vs Branch promoted to the main card. Feels weird that Alvarez Vs Poirier wasn't pushed considering Alvarez is ex champ and on paper that should be a great fight.

I like Rodriguez against Edgar as well, quite fancy Yair in that one despite being the underdog.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I see the Bisping vs GSP fight has fallen through.

Romero next to face Bisping, at some point. I actually think if Bisping can last the first 2, he will win a decision. Romero has suspect cardio and Bisping puts it on throughout the whole fight.

If he can survive a Dan Henderson bomb (the 2nd time ;)) then he should be able to take one from Romero, I really hope he wins and puts to bed all the doubt about him as a champ.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I agree @The IPB, a lot of people writing Bisping off in that one but Romero doesn't have the gas for 5 rounds. Let's have it right as well, he was fading (and losing imo) badly to Weidman before he landed that flying knee, as delicious as it was.

He's also a massive juicer hope Bisping runs rings around him for 5 rounds.

Soldato
Aside from DC-Jones the latest presser is easily the most cringe worthy one I have ever watched. I tend to ignore the 'everyone is copying Conor' line because of course **** talking has been around forever, but this was just awful. Please stop.

Associate
I didn't realise 211 was this weekend. Do they even advertise the events anymore?

After watching the weigh-ins:

How is Alvarez vs Poirier on the prelims?????
What is Jotko vs Branch doing on the main card???? - I know David Branch is supposed to be good but I watch every card and I can't say I've ever seen Jotko fight :|
Frankie vs Yair :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
Maia vs Masvidal - another ridiculously good fight
Joanna vs Andrade - Joanna hasn't looked as dominant in her last few fights but I think this is going to be her hardest fight yet
Stipe vs JDS :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Associate
How is Alvarez vs Poirier on the prelims?????
What is Jotko vs Branch doing on the main card???? - I know David Branch is supposed to be good but I watch every card and I can't say I've ever seen Jotko fight :|

My thoughts exactly!

I wonder if it is a way to not have to pay Eddie PPV points, pretty sure that is how his contract was structured.

Permabanned
Who have you guys got for the main event? I think JDS takes it by either decision or round 2/3 KO/TKO. Also got a feeling Andrade will pull off the upset over Joanna

Back
Top Bottom