**The Official Everything MMA Related Thread**

Associate
Say what you want about Jones, PEDs weren't the reason he beat DC. Don't any of you find it strange that throughout camp he would have been randomly tested numerous times yet the test he fails is the one that he most certainly knew was coming.

I'm not defending the guy, just from a logical stand point it doesn't make a lot of sense.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Say what you want about Jones, PEDs weren't the reason he beat DC. Don't any of you find it strange that throughout camp he would have been randomly tested numerous times yet the test he fails is the one that he most certainly knew was coming.

I'm not defending the guy, just from a logical stand point it doesn't make a lot of sense.

apparently the PED that he is accused of taking is only detectable for 2 days, maybe he just took a chance and it backfired on him

Soldato
So let's say he is guilty (likely is) second time getting caught, 99% likely he's been using them for a while over numerous fights.

Where does that leave DC, has he lost twice to a guy who had a uncompetitive advantage over him? Do we erase those loses from memory because jones was cheating against him for certain in the 2nd fight and almost certainly for the first fight?

Do we assume DC would have won both fights if Jones was not cheating? Clearly Jones thinks so as he thought he needed to cheat to win...

Soldato
Looks like McGregor wants diaz again

Reporter: "Is there anyone in the boxing game that you'd like to box?"

McGregor: "I'm certainly open, I'm open to what the UFC and what WME-IMG [the promotion's owners] want and if [others] want me to come over to boxing, we can certainly talk.

"I'm young. 29 years of age. I don't think the fighting world, or boxing world, has seen a man as confident as this come in. At this age and with this amount of accolades, records and this amount of revenue generated. I'm certainly open to more options. I have, certainly, many contenders in the mixed martial arts game. I've a trilogy bout with Nate Diaz that is sitting there. I've options. I'll see what's what. I'm here to fight and I'm certainly fresh to fight. I was not badly damaged there; it was fatigue. So, we'll see what offers come on the table."

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

His next fight should be a title defence. It's a bit of a joke that he's blocking two divisions with his stupid antics.

Soldato
His next fight should be a title defence. It's a bit of a joke that he's blocking two divisions with his stupid antics.

He was stripped of the featherweight belt last year so they could give it back to Aldo, though it's now made its way to Holloway. He only holds the one belt now, so he's only 'holding up' one division.

For what it's worth, it's a fairly inactive division too when you look at how many times the championship has been contested in recent years anyway.

Caporegime
Holloway Vs Conor rematch
Lee/Ferguson Vs Conor

Those are the two fights i'd like to see, I don't think we'll ever see him back at 145 though. It's questionable whether he ever fights in MMA again imo.

Soldato
Im certain he will compete in MMA again, cant see him doing 145lbs. Its crazy really to think he gets down to that weight he looked huge against Mayweather and probably fought around 170.

Soldato
I'd rather see him face Ferguson tbh as I think they match up well stylistically and it's the most exciting prospect.

Khabib is the money fight though.

Associate
Ferguson or Khabib he has to fight at 155, I'd love to see him fight Nick diaz if he wants to fight at 170, Nick would school him

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

I don't think we will see him back at 145. He just looks too gaunt / ill. Prefer him to move to 170 permanently.

Not feeling the Nate 3 fight though. I've got a feeling Nate will destroy him.

Caporegime
Not digging the Diaz fight, it's a hard sell from the UFC considering Nate is far from deserving of a title shot at 155.

That being said if it happens I can see Conor absolutely mauling him at that weight.

Back
Top Bottom