**The Official Everything MMA Related Thread**

Soldato
Soldato
Kebab destroying someone days after his son is born yet McNugget takes 2 years off for his sprog, true GOAT - McNugget P4P best fighter ever, record number of title defences putting Silva to shame.

Coke head.

UFC is fast becoming a farce, Kebab has had no recognition or respect from the UFC yet he is a complete killer who can beat anyone. McNugget can give it some good lip and get's a title shot off of Siver.

You watch, as soon as McNugget comes back he'll get a title shot instantly.

Soldato
McNugget makes money, only dedicated fans even know who Nurmegomegomedomoedeov is. When the entire business is based on getting people to buy events it's to be expected that the best entertainers will be favoured above all others.

This has always run true in the UFC, Sonnen was in fights that his talent didn't necessarily warrant on its own as a recent ish example.

You also had the 'three strikes and you're out' deal which was overlooked for people like Hardy who put in entertaining fights regardless.

They reached the watershed moment years ago now where they now need popular appeal to grow and can't rely solely on 'purebred' MMA fans.

Associate
Poor card really and only 2 of my picks came in lol.

IF someone can stop the takedown from Nurmagomedov he may be in trouble but can anyone do that?

McGregor would get destroyed by him, he struggled on the ground against Mendes so how's he gonna survive Nurmagomedov's ground game lol

Ferguson would fair better imo. If he does get taken down he's a lot more dangerous on the ground with his long gangly self so may be able to get a sub off his back.

Soldato
McNugget makes money, only dedicated fans even know who Nurmegomegomedomoedeov is. When the entire business is based on getting people to buy events it's to be expected that the best entertainers will be favoured above all others.

This has always run true in the UFC, Sonnen was in fights that his talent didn't necessarily warrant on its own as a recent ish example.

You also had the 'three strikes and you're out' deal which was overlooked for people like Hardy who put in entertaining fights regardless.

They reached the watershed moment years ago now where they now need popular appeal to grow and can't rely solely on 'purebred' MMA fans.

Yeah that's bang on and it makes sense, talking your way into a money fight is just smart business, but being able to talk your way around any serious competition is a joke, Dana will never allow McNugget to fight Holloway/Kebab/Ferguson unless it's the only option due to one of them being champion. McNugget is a good fighter but besides the Aldo fluke and the beat down of an overrated Alvez, he's had no impressive wins except Diaz which you could have given to Diaz and nobody would have disputed it. The big personality flashy fighters are just going to be given tomato cans or favorable matchups from here on out and it's a shame.

I don't think Sonnen had anything undeserved, Sonnen was a ridiculously dominant fighter in the middleweight division that destroyed everyone, including Silva. First fight he annihilated Silva on the ground and standing then got Lesnar'd at the last minute, and the second fight was the same until he showed no respect to Silva and whiffed a backfist and died for it. A display like that could warrant you a comfortable transition to another weight class, probably not a title shot but meh, it doesn't matter who you give Jones he will eat them alive.

Caporegime
Kinda sad to see Condit performing like that, Magny is by no means average but if this fight happened 3/4 years ago Condit would’ve starched him imo.

Khabib is an absolute beast next LW champ for sure, Ferguson has nothing for him. Conor might stand a chance as he has one shot KO power, his problem being Khabib has a head like a breeze block.

No surprise to see Cyborg win….. I was amazed some in the MMA media were actually picking Holm, sure she has good striking but Cyborg’s power is ridiculous.

Soldato
Khabib is an absolute beast next LW champ for sure, Ferguson has nothing for him. Conor might stand a chance as he has one shot KO power, his problem being Khabib has a head like a breeze block.

Conor wouldn't be able to KO Kebab, the way Kebab walks through his opponents offense doesn't leave him open to glaring counter punches which is Conor's strength, the only way to sleep Kebab is with monsterous raw striking power, and the only two 155ers that come to mind... One just got eaten alive by him and the other moved up a weight. Kebab is Mcnugget's worst nightmare, he doesn't deal well with adversity and is a fish out of water on the ground and in the clinch, as soon as Kebab gets a hold of him, he'll tap him in a hold or to strikes, if he doesn't flat out KO him. Even when his game is on point he doesn't stand a chance, and the fact he'll return straight into a title fight due to who he is, and the fact Kebab will be the champion by then... I think Conor's best bet is to stick with Boxing at this point, or kill himself making 145. Or even move up and end up as Woodley's new girlfriend.

Disclaimer: I actually like Conor a lot lmfao.

Associate
I want to watch Khabib beat up on Connor so bad. Please make that fight happen. Holm made good account of herself. Cyborg is unreal though.

Soldato
Like most people I took interest when Holm KO'd Rousey, but she's massively failed to live up to the hype. Five fights since Ronda and 1 win against Bethe who is less than a bad competitor. Holly is a broken record, right left kick, right left kick, right left kick, right left kick and screaming her head off while doing it. It's really no surprise she keeps getting beat.

Khabib was like Terminator and just kept. on. coming. It's not surprising a kicker a lost to a wrestler though. Someone with good hands standing up would stand a far better chance and that perfect opponent is Conor. Will Conor's power and speed be enough to stop Khabib coming forward and if not Conor's stance is perfect at keeping people away and peppering that jab keeping the fight in the middle. I think Khabib will comfortably beat Tony but it would be a great match to watch.

Soldato
He'd have to cause I can't see him winning a decision and if khabib managed to pull off another first round like the one against Barboza then McGregor would be gassed going into round 2 and have no chance.

Seemingly he asked Dana if he could fight Ferguson and McGregor on the same night. :D

Associate
Conor is great at distance control but I can't see him being able to doing anything if Khabib charges at him like he did with Barboza. Tony vs Khabib is the fight :D

Soldato
I can’t quite grasp the difference in power between cyborg and holm considering holm has been boxing all her life and is a former boxing champ.

Holms punches in comparison looked like girly punches, straight and a lot of arm shots.

Cyborg throws like a man, with a man thud on the end of them punches.

When they were saying rousey would beat some men in her weight class I laughed (any top 50 man would destroy her) if someone was to say cyborg would beat some men in a weight class I would actually consider it.

Associate
Rousey came at the right place, right time. If Cyborg was in the UFC and cut to get it that division Rousey would have got destroyed very early on in her career and realised a lot sooner she is no MMA fighter.

Caporegime
Indeed, she was champ of the most paper thin division in UFC history (except perhaps the mens 125 division).

All the talk back in the day of how Rhonda would beat Cyborg was garbage, we knew it then and we know it now. Fact is she ran away from Cyborg when given the chance, she wanted nothing to do with her. It does make me laugh that Edmund still talks about that fight happening, he's a clown though so no surprises there.

tenor.gif

Back
Top Bottom