**The Official Everything MMA Related Thread**

Soldato
His fights?

How can you say his fights are boring? He's always pressuring taking punches and giving back what he gets, that's what I want to see in a fight and he does it as well as throw people around. His only boring fight was against Anderson Silva and Silva's great counter punching sometimes end in stalemates due to it so you can't blame him for that.
You can't blame him I know.

My comment was more a throw back against Bones. Such an exciting fighter, such a shame :(

Associate
Most of the fights were good last night. Jacare's striking looked very good, you'd think with his BJJ skills (top 2 in UFC?) he'd be in the mix for the belt but he never seems to beat the top contenders.

I don't know what the UFC were thinking putting three Women's fights in a row. I skipped them as I assumed it would be three decisions.

Soldato
You do realise DC went 13-0 as a heavyweight? I think he's better at heavy weight myself as the weight cuts for him to make 205 are brutal!

Yes, but I didn't think he'd faced many top guys though, but a quick look at his record and he had wins over Frank Mir, Josh Barnet and bigfoot - so yeah, he's definitely legit, but I still think Stipe mauls him!

Caporegime
Interesting one if they do make that fight, what happens if he wins and Cain actually manages to stay fit to fight? They will never fight each other.

I guess Cain isn't looking to be back within the next 12 months as DC has said he will retire when he hits 40.

Associate
Yes, but I didn't think he'd faced many top guys though, but a quick look at his record and he had wins over Frank Mir, Josh Barnet and bigfoot - so yeah, he's definitely legit, but I still think Stipe mauls him!

Yep, DC is big enough for heavyweight. Watch DC pick Josh Barnett over his head :D

Interesting one if they do make that fight, what happens if he wins and Cain actually manages to stay fit to fight? They will never fight each other.

I guess Cain isn't looking to be back within the next 12 months as DC has said he will retire when he hits 40.

Cain is supposed to have a cage around his spine. There's no way the UFC are going to give him a title shot as you know he's not going to be healthy enough to defend it.

Caporegime
Cain is supposed to have a cage around his spine. There's no way the UFC are going to give him a title shot as you know he's not going to be healthy enough to defend it.

Such a shame re: Cain, he's truly one of the best HWs we've even seen in MMA yet he just can't stay fit long enough to fight regularly. I'd be surprised if we ever saw him back full stop, let alone a title shot. Another reason why DC is happy to move up I suppose, he knows there's zero chance that fight is ever close to happening.

Edit: Listening to the MMA hour, Cain was on and he basically said 'Things are going to get interesting' and he mentioned about the possibility of dropping to 205 if DC wins :eek::eek:

Last edited:
Associate
Mcgregor jumped on it straight away.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if they did Mayweather Mcgregor, Its a no contest but all each party wants to do is make a lot of cash and that would do it.

All Mayweather needs to do is get put on the floor by any means, cover up and let the ref stop it due to gnp, easy money and reputation still intact.

Associate
Mcgregor jumped on it straight away.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if they did Mayweather Mcgregor, Its a no contest but all each party wants to do is make a lot of cash and that would do it.

All Mayweather needs to do is get put on the floor by any means, cover up and let the ref stop it due to gnp, easy money and reputation still intact.

And at 1:1 all set up for a decider in a third discipline - say Bake Off, or conkers.

Associate
There is zero chance of Mayweather ever fighting in the cage, they're using each other to stay relevant, sure it was front page news on a lot of mma sites.

Mayweather prob posted the video to screw with Oscar anyway and take some of the attention away from the announcement of the GGG vs Canelo rematch.

Soldato
Just got round to watching the weekends event, pretty awful apart from 2 fights. Fast forwarded a lot of it. Too many female fights and too many people going whole rounds throwing just a few punches. Hope this weekends is better.

Ree

Ree

Associate
valentina was scary against that newcomer.. the ref deffo didnt protect the fighter it shoulda been stopped, it was quite a beating. i see her taking that title.

Caporegime
Just watched Fight Night 125, was pretty good the first fight was crazy.

As above Schevcheno looked awesome, the next 125 Women's champ easy.

Just seen Holloway is out of UFC222 :(

Associate
Just watched Fight Night 125, was pretty good the first fight was crazy.

As above Schevcheno looked awesome, the next 125 Women's champ easy.

Just seen Holloway is out of UFC222 :(

Yeah but Cody has supposedly accept the bout vs Frankie. Now that's an awesome fight :D

Back
Top Bottom