**The Official Everything MMA Related Thread**

Soldato
They seem desperate to give Khabib a title fight of some description, it's starting to come across how obviously they want to get the belt on him whichever way they can.

Ordinarily they'd just scrap the bout and do it again in a month or something.

Soldato
They seem desperate to give Khabib a title fight of some description, it's starting to come across how obviously they want to get the belt on him whichever way they can.

Ordinarily they'd just scrap the bout and do it again in a month or something.

At this point I think it's probably more about saving the card - yes they have got a 2nd title fight still there but with the loss of the other main card fights, losing the co-main would be a huge loss!

Soldato
Pettis must be a clown, not fighting because of money? Unbelievable chance to get back to the title and he wants to **** tuck because of money.

Where is that being reported?

Last I saw was he needed to re weigh but they closed the weigh ins before he could, effectively preventing him from doing it?

He tweeted half an hour ago saying he wants the fight and is waiting to hear?

At this point I think it's probably more about saving the card - yes they have got a 2nd title fight still there but with the loss of the other main card fights, losing the co-main would be a huge loss!
I don't see that this necessitates a title fight though really, a 5 round catchweight fight would be just as entertaining, the only difference is that it doesn't give them opportunity to put the belt on Khabib.

Soldato
McGregor's hearing is over - trial set for June 14th - $50k bail for Conor (I guess the judge didn't know he probably keeps that much in his back pocket!)

Literally criminal what he's done and as much as I enjoy watching him fight, I hope they throw the book at him for this!

Caporegime
Looks like it's Al Iaquinta Vs Khabib.

Unreal how much this card has changed in the space of a week, it was looking like one of the cards of 2018 and now it's basically a fight night.

Soldato
So as expected, only Khabib can win the belt and they've lined up the #12 to fight him for it.

Would have been easier to just give it to him to start with really.

Soldato
Gotta feel for Iaquinta, apparently he weighed in 0.2lbs over the "championship" weight and was early and wearing underwear - would have easily made weight if he'd known!

I know Pettis lost his opponent so it would have been less disruption to the rest of the card if he'd got the fight but Iaquinta is coming in off the back of 5 wins (including Ross Pearson, Lauzon, Masvidal and Diego Sanchez) whereas Pettis has lost 5 of his last 7 fights - Iaquinta far more deserving imo! (although I still think it's Khabib's fight to lose!)

Funny how things turn out - yesterday the UFC forgot to print Iaquinta a name card for the press conference and today he's headlining!

Soldato
Dana White says he's furious about the events of the last 36 hours - so furious that he's using it to promote the PPV! :D

I guess there is literally no such thing as bad publicity!

Associate
I just watched embedded (episode 5). The embedded cameras just happened to be there and filming when Conor threw the dolly through the bus window? It's got to have been staged :o

Back
Top Bottom