**The Official Everything MMA Related Thread**

Soldato
Ngannou and Lewis should both take a loss and be underpaid. What was that 15mins of tripe I'll never get back. Real Big fan of stipe and Cormier I prefer stipe style but fair play to DC superb shot. The ending though good god Brock playing for the cameras like its WWE please never again UFC.

Associate
Damn that was a good card except for the co-main. I don't think you can blame Derrick Lewis for that as at least he was striking, Ngannou did nothing apart from jab like 3 times.

I wasn't expecting DC to win but definitely didn't see him winning by KO. I thought DC vs Brock would be a great fight but Stipe looked a lot stronger than DC. It's going to be interesting :D

btw anyone watch the TUF card yesterday? Stylebender looked amazing.

Associate
In a 'sport' where almost everything is cringe worthy, the UFC outdid itself with that performance. If it wasn't for the fighters actually putting on a good show most of the time, this whole endeavor would be seen as no better than a circus act.

Caporegime
DC Vs Stipe .... WOW!!!! What a beast DC is, he is better at HW, can take more damage as well as dishing more damage out! No idea what Brock is doing getting in there though, he needs to get back on board with USADA before he can fight :p

WTF was that Ngannou Vs Lewis fight? Probably one of the worst fights i've ever seen.

so a possable PED violator (JJ) cant fight DC, but a super jacked 100% PED violator (BL) can?

lol @ possible. It's more likely JBJ was juicing his entire career than fighting clean.

Associate
Yes. Dan Hooker looked awesome on the early prelims and you've got to watch the Paulo Costa v Uriah Hall fight on the prelims. It was fight of the night imo.

Just finished watching Hall/Costa. Wow, that was a banger! Costa is a beast and no mistake.

Soldato
DC Vs Stipe .... WOW!!!! What a beast DC is, he is better at HW, can take more damage as well as dishing more damage out! No idea what Brock is doing getting in there though, he needs to get back on board with USADA before he can fight :p

WTF was that Ngannou Vs Lewis fight? Probably one of the worst fights i've ever seen.

lol @ possible. It's more likely JBJ was juicing his entire career than fighting clean.
Umm, don't mean to be an ass but weight division doesn't determine a fighter's durability or chin LOL he won't take anything at 240 that he couldn't at 205.

Man of Honour
Since when was JJ only a possible cheat? Neither JJ nor lesnar should be fighting.

i was referencing JJ's latest violation where he had a trace element in his system between 2 clear tests,
Rogan had a guy on his show talking about it 'probably' Not being used intentionally...

Caporegime
Umm, don't mean to be an ass but weight division doesn't determine a fighter's durability or chin LOL he won't take anything at 240 that he couldn't at 205.

If the weight cut was too physically draining and he's more comfortable of course he's going to be more durable at HW, he's cut upwards of 40 pounds to make 205 before. As for chin, I didn't say anything about chin, i'm not talking the one shot knock out i'm talking cumulative damage that wears down a fighters gas tank. Unless you can show me medical evidence to prove otherwise, i'll stick to what i've seen in his fights.

He's been rocked multiple times at LHW whilst looking a little tired, I don't recall him ever getting rocked at HW which is strange considering surely HWs hit harder.

i was referencing JJ's latest violation where he had a trace element in his system between 2 clear tests,
Rogan had a guy on his show talking about it 'probably' Not being used intentionally...

The same Jeff Novitzky who works for the UFC? Of course he's going to say that.

Last edited:
Soldato
If the weight cut was too physically draining and he's more comfortable of course he's going to be more durable at HW, he's cut upwards of 40 pounds to make 205 before. As for chin, I didn't say anything about chin, i'm not talking the one shot knock out i'm talking cumulative damage that wears down a fighters gas tank. Unless you can show me medical evidence to prove otherwise, i'll stick to what i've seen in his fights.

He's been rocked multiple times at LHW whilst looking a little tired, I don't recall him ever getting rocked at HW which is strange considering surely HWs hit harder.

Yeah fair enough, trust me I've been 'told' by 'experts' in the past that heavyweights have the best chins :D so I wrongly thought that's where you were going with it, Cormier definitely looks unstoppable at HW but you know what that means? Jon Jones is hands down the best fighter of all time, if DC could do that to Stipe, I think Jones would have ended his career... To quote our lord and saviour, Nate the Great, 'Everybody's on steroids'.

Funny how all DC vs Stipe did was show us how absurdly good Jones is.

Caporegime
Yeah fair enough, trust me I've been 'told' by 'experts' in the past that heavyweights have the best chins :D so I wrongly thought that's where you were going with it, Cormier definitely looks unstoppable at HW but you know what that means? Jon Jones is hands down the best fighter of all time, if DC could do that to Stipe, I think Jones would have ended his career... To quote our lord and saviour, Nate the Great, 'Everybody's on steroids'.

Funny how all DC vs Stipe did was show us how absurdly good Jones is.

It'll be interesting to see where Jones heads when he comes back, I would guess he might take a stab at HW.... trouble with that is I think DC will be long retired by the time USADA are done with him.

Associate
Yes. Dan Hooker looked awesome on the early prelims and you've got to watch the Paulo Costa v Uriah Hall fight on the prelims. It was fight of the night imo.
yes that was a really good fight . Ngannou/ lewis this goes to show what i thought Ngannou did not deserve the push up the ranking as fast as he did. DC first defence should be against Stipe Really not a part timer like Brock Lesnar

Back
Top Bottom