**The Official Everything MMA Related Thread**

Soldato
Interested to see the pay split, can see this being Khabibs biggest yet but nowhere near what Conor will get.

I hope Conor wins too because the 'real MMA fan' rage all over the Internet when Conor wins is just too funny.

Associate
Interested to see the pay split, can see this being Khabibs biggest yet but nowhere near what Conor will get.

I hope Conor wins too because the 'real MMA fan' rage all over the Internet when Conor wins is just too funny.

I genuinely think he will, catch him coming in like all the others and he's probably going down.

Same as most others except Diaz of course.

Caporegime
Glad Conor is back he makes every lead up, as well as the actual fight very entertaining. Khabib might be a bit much for him in size, and wrestling but Conor always has a chance to catch him coming in and Khabib isn't exactly known for not getting hit. Great fight, really looking forward to that one.

Soldato
Personally I'm disappointed (but not in the least bits surprised) that McGregor has walked back into a title fight after "the incident" - literally any other fighter would have been fired about 90 seconds after it happened - but we all know Dana has no stones whatsoever when it comes to anyone that makes him $$$!

Looking forward to the fight but a small piece of me will be hoping McGregor gets soundly beaten!

Associate
Can't wait for 6th Oct. No one comes close to Conor when building up a fight :D Out of all the UFC opponents Conor has had, Khabib probably gets hit the most. I can see a KO in the first or second round.

Soldato
Personally I'm disappointed (but not in the least bits surprised) that McGregor has walked back into a title fight after "the incident"

The days of the UFC being anything approaching a merit based fighting promotion are long long gone now, the 'money' fights are going to become more and more prevalent as the promotion chases odd new records etc. to sell tickets rather than just making decent fights.

I'm personally eagerly awaiting DC starving himself for a year to take the middleweight title too and become the first simultaneous 3 weight champion :p

Permabanned
That's daft, had a 2yr year break with a a one off boxing match in middle. Some boxers are less active.

LOL, MMA is supposed to be better than boxing, not stoop to its level regarding inactivity and diva nonsense. The boxing match is irrelevant to me - I'm only interested in MMA fights for him, and thus his inactivity has been trash. "The incident" mentioned above further cements my desire for him to lose and then Khabib can do a far better job of having championship fights regularly as it should be.

Associate
Honestly think McGregor will KO Khabib fairly easily, I just cant see Conor not hitting Khabib with a left very early, Khabib is way too wreckless in his stand up.

Associate
Honestly think McGregor will KO Khabib fairly easily, I just cant see Conor not hitting Khabib with a left very early, Khabib is way too wreckless in his stand up.

Exactly my thoughts. glad he's back, even if he only has one fight. Clever man made money! Enjoy his life!

Big respect to Khabib for an awesome UFC record also.

Man of Honour
last nights UFC 227 results..

LCFPC9t.png

wasnt surprised by TJ winning but didnt think he'd win so quickly, i thought maybe by points but he caught Cody pretty good,
Mighty Mouse must be pretty down thismorning, if he'd have won then he'd be up for a great payday to fight TJ

Soldato
I think Cejudo has embarrassed himself a bit, immediately calling out TJ for a 'champ vs champ' fight. With Conor it was all about the money train and he cleared out his division, with DC it was because apart from a drug addled Jones, no one was really challenging but Cejudo is coming off a 3 win streak after 2 losses. He's not in a position to bypass his division and jump straight to the next weight imo. He owes DJ a shot back first, along with defending against the likes of Benavidez, Borg etc.

Caporegime
No need for spoilers I don't think....

Really happy Cejudo got that because I honestly thought the judges were going to give it to DJ, even though I scored it 48-47 to Cejudo.

Another big win for TJ, Cody again way too emotional swinging for the fences and TJ is too technical for that.

Last edited:
Soldato
Cody needs to get his emotions in check and learn to throw a jab. You can't throw combination hooks against someone like TJ, it was moronic and he was bound to get knocked out. He'll need to grind his way back through the division now, there's no way he deserves another rematch.

Permabanned
So glad DJ lost - what an entitled, arrogant *****.

I agree that Cejudo should fight some others in the division before going up for TJ.

Back
Top Bottom