1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

**The Official Everything MMA Related Thread**

Discussion in 'Sports Arena' started by The IPB, Jun 29, 2009.

1. Craterloads

Sgarrista

UFC wanted a circus they got one. Insulting the mans family, his dad, attacking him a on bus with no consequences for Connor. Connor jumping into the cage at his mates fight, slapping a ref all unpunished. This is what they have allowed and this is all on them.

Thank **** he did smash him in the ring though!!

2. Omaeka

Sgarrista

Well, Connor attacked Khabib outside of the UFC, he and his team tried to label Khabib and his team as Jihadists and all that crap. To me, and most of us that's promotion, extreme, but that's Connor's style of promotion. Khabib didn't see it that way and wanted revenge. Stupid, but understandable.

When Hollywood (McGregor) meets real life (Khabib) I guess. He should of known better than to do the things he did to someone like Khabib, and just let the fight get hyped based on the spectacle it would be.

In the real world, Connor and his team would be dead, this was just Khabib's closest way of doing that.

3. rebel rebel

Mobster

Although it was funny. It's a shame as no one will be talking about how badly McGregor got beat now.

4. nemtizz

Capodecina

Khabib should be stripped immediately if we're being objective.

5. nemtizz

Capodecina

6. Omaeka

Sgarrista

Connor attacked one of Khabib's teammates first from the looks of it, and the guy coming in that 'sucker punched' McGregor retaliated.

7. Tom|Nbk

Capodecina

So what exactly happened after? Wish I saw this live

8. titaniumx3

Soldato

As bad as Khabib's actions were, all I thought was McGregor got a taste of his own medicine, serves him right. He has done far worse with no real repercussions. Also he was calling Khabib some pretty insulting stuff in all the public appearances before the fight, some borderline racist things too. All the while Khabib was being respectful towards him and his fans.

I would have preferred to see Khabib win with honour, but there's only so much disrespect someone can take, especially with the non-stop booing. In the heat of the moment, just after a fight, it's not exactly shocking behaviour. Double standards if you ask me.

Also that guy Khabib tried to attack, looked like the type of person that needed to be choked out.

9. nemtizz

Capodecina

The guy in black who jumped over first rushed him then Conor defended himself.

10. Omaeka

Sgarrista

The guy was shouting abuse at Khabib after he won.

11. Robbo

Don

Khabib jumped out of the Octagon and attacked Dillon Danis (one of McGregor's team).

Then one of Khabib's team jumped into the Octagon and sucker punched McGregor from behind.

Loads of other stuff too, but those are the main 2 points.

12. titaniumx3

Soldato

I'm actually a fan of Connor McGregor, but the man got mauled, end of.

13. Amnesia

Sgarrista

Looked like he got attacked from both sides, first the guy infront of him in black and then immediately after from behind by a guy in red.

Pretty disgusting

14. Kenai

Capodecina

Should help drum up some good PPV figures for McGregor vs Khabib 2 at UFC 250.

15. Omaeka

Sgarrista

Sounds like what McGregor's team did to one of Khabib's training partners at an event outside of the UFC.

16. Amnesia

Sgarrista

Not heard about that but having guys jump into a ring and attack a fighter straight after he has already been beat is pretty disgusting

17. enfo

Gangster

It’s impressive that despite knowing exactly what khabib is going to do no one can stop him.
    With that said I can’t see myself paying to watch any fight of khabibs , bit of a snooze fest

After watching Ferguson , a Conor / Ferguson fight could be a very good scrap

18. strang3r

Hitman

The Sherdog forum won't load!

Great to see McG get his ass handed to him.

19. nemtizz

Capodecina

I wanna see the Khabib vs. Danis rematch. Danis got the best of him in the first scramble.

20. Merlin5

Capodecina

I'm wondering if McGregor would have won if he'd not been out of UFC for 2 years? I mean, was it just rust, or has he just finally met more than his match, or is he simply past it?