1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

**The Official Everything MMA Related Thread**

Discussion in 'Sports Arena' started by The IPB, Jun 29, 2009.

1. McBain

Capodecina

Yeah pretty ridiculous, Jones coming off the back of a suspension and Gus hasn't fought in the best part of 2 years.

Problem is the LHW division is pretty paper thin at the moment, who else :/

2. esoteric

Wise Guy

On Khabib's instagram he's threatened to leave UFC if his guys are not reinstated into the UFC roster.

3. McBain

Capodecina

He has zero leverage, the UFC will gladly let him walk rather than have Dana go back on his word. If anything they'd probably welcome it, Khabib isn't a draw, he's not a particularly entertaining fighter either. They'd rather let Conor have another shot at the title.

His corner is gone, Dana has said as much. The last person to sucker punch someone was Daley and we all know what happened there, I foresee his team being fired and him taking another fight in the UFC once it's all blown over. Money talks.

4. Amnesia

Sgarrista

stupid on khabibs part to make those kind of threats, why would dana let people enter the cage and assult his fighters

5. viathinair

Wise Guy

How is Bellator's Lightweight division? Decent? Still, I'd really like to see him fight Ferguson at least before he'd make the move.

6. Maccapacca

Don

[​IMG]

7. McBain

Capodecina

Best ever post fight in cage speech, shame he's going to get demolished by DC.

8. 2013

Wise Guy

Im not a UFC follower other then the one off big fight,

Could someone tell me why McGregor had two belts in the press conference when hes not a champ ?

I thought the match was really one sided with all of abuse and big talk I thought McGregor could would have shown something to back it up but I did think he got off light in the match.

As for dana white from what i've seen he seam biased

9. The IPB

Mobster

He has Dana in his pocket and basically does what he wants at this point.

10. cainer

Man of Honour

hope you didnt put to much on that bet :o

11. BoyceyLDN

Associate

Mcgregor won two titles in two seperate weight divisions when he was active, however when he had his fight with mayweather and took a 2 year break from UFC they stripped him of his titles as he wasn't active and not fair on other fighters, but as he has the two belts at home he brings them with him as in his head he believes he is still the champ as he hasn't had a fight for his belts. Hope that makes sense.

12. McBain

Capodecina

Nah, I actually pussied out thankfully.

13. Quinnaay

Soldato

Lol @ 50cent trying to sign Khabib at bellator and Khabib wanting to meet.

14. Dirk

Wise Guy

Amusing moment from this weekends Bellator event. Guy takes a good kick square in the knackers. Walking it off. Dan M. calls Doctor into cage. Doc is woman. Guy is clutching his nuts. She looks down. Looks at Dan. Dan laughs. She leaves.

I would have insisted on a physical exam on the spot!

15. StevieP

Soldato

Rockhold out of his fight with Weidman at UFC 230 - looks like Jacare might be the one to step in as he's on the same card against David Branch.

Should be a decent scrap!

16. horseunderwater

Hitman

Mayweather v Nurmagomedov under queensberry rules oh dear another win for Mayweather khabib is not a stand up striker doesnt have the skill

17. cainer

Man of Honour

that doesnt matter, just send him location

18. Liquiduk

Wise Guy

I haven't been following mma too closely lately but blimey what a shake up these last couple of weeks have been!

19. McBain

Capodecina

Cormier vs Black Beast this weekend! Good looking card as well.

20. McBain

Capodecina

Adesanya looked great and a horrible stoppage from Dan 'worst ref in the business' Mirigliatta. Great fight though.

Main event as expected, when a fighter says they aren't ready they aren't ready. Strange matchmaking.