1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

**The Official Everything MMA Related Thread**

Discussion in 'Sports Arena' started by The IPB, Jun 29, 2009.

1. viathinair

Wise Guy

I agree with the above. I only care about the odd big fight these days. Proper casual me! :p

2. Quinnaay

Soldato

Crazy fight some absolute bombs thrown gutted for Jimi, he's got to retire now he's getting too old for them exchanges.

Edit: wow great card the main event was outrageous. Genuinely don't see anyone ever beating him at that weight the output, timing and variety is just absurd. Would love to see a McGregor rematch

Last edited: Dec 9, 2018
  3. Kris_90

Wise Guy

Amazing main event and I too was thinking of the Conor rematch. Their movement is very similar and would be a great fight.

Gunni's elbow on Cowboy was nasty. I can't remember a cut being as bad as that, Cowboy's face appeared to be instantly covered in blood.

4. esoteric

Wise Guy

Max made Brian look like a 5 year old. He totally silenced the critics about his mental issues too.

5. Dirk

Wise Guy

Masterful performance by Holloway. Reminded me of Nick Diaz when he destroyed BJ Penn. Landing shots at will.

6. ree

Wise Guy

7. Nate75

Capodecina

8. ree

Wise Guy

am actually glad about this as the amount of subscriptions needed to watch things nowadays is getting ridiculous.

9. cainer

Man of Honour

[sarcasm]NO! competition between providers is great for the customer![/sarcasm]

10. ThestigGT999

Soldato

Kevin lee talked about walking past Al Iaquinta then going on to beat Khabib Nurmagomedov
    good thing he lost lol

11. Dirk

Wise Guy

Dan 'carry me out in a coffin' Hooker. What a warrior! His corner might consider investing in some towels though, and learn how to throw them. Every time i see Barboza on screen my legs hurt.

12. Kris_90

Wise Guy

That fight was absurd. Letting their fighter get destroyed like that is ridiculous.

Awesome card though. The prelims were very good too, worth a watch if anyone missed them.

13. Dirk

Wise Guy

I thought that too. A few really good scraps in there. You can never tell before time how good a UFC event is going to be just by looking at the draws. Sometimes it's a real banger from start to finish.

14. Ayahuasca

Capodecina

Has Jones been caught with some trace of steroid in his system again?

15. planty

Wise Guy

Apparently it's a residual amount from his last test...
    Either way, pretty poor that the whole event is being moved to LA a few days before it's scheduled to take place. The travelling fans get shafted.

16. PermaChanged

Mobster

I thought the one he was caught using back in 2017, which lead to this ban, was supposed to be some fast acting metabolite which is why it was detectable/in his system and then undetectable/out of his system within a day or two - why is it still being picked up now if he's not been using?

17. Maccapacca

Don

I assume that's a rhetorical question :p

18. Kenai

Capodecina

Jones involved in drug cheating suspicion, hands up, who's surprised?

19. =XDC=FluphyBunny

Mobster

Jones has taken so many banned substances his body is saturated. But that’s fine. The UFC is a joke, thank **** for boxing.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2018
  20. esoteric

Wise Guy

I actually am. I can't fathom how someone who has been caught even once does it a second time let alone a third time.

The man is clearly unstoppable and should have been banned for life on the second offence.