1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

**The Official Everything MMA Related Thread**

Discussion in 'Sports Arena' started by The IPB, Jun 29, 2009.

1. Quinnaay

Soldato

Yeah apparantly it's trace from the last time he got banned.

2. StevieP

Soldato

Every other fighter on that card basically shafted because of Jones!

Not just the travel, accommodation etc - apparently the taxes in California are higher too!

3. nemtizz

Capodecina

Outside of his actual fighting abilities I'm no fan of JJ, but if anything this is USADA's fault. Jones hasn't been unfairly treated, but if, like they've said, this isn't a reingestion of the substance but remaining effects from the July 2017 positive test then personally I don't see the issue.

4. nicktay2605

Mobster

The problem with the excuse they've given is that this December test he failed isn't the only time Jones has been tested. In the other tests no Turinabol was detected, so how is it present in the latest test but not the ones before that? As some MMA people have pointed out, this could just be poorly done micro-dosing by Jones that he's been caught for. Also, another UFC fighter was given a two year ban for having 17 picograms of Turinabol in his system, meanwhile Jones is getting away with having 60 picograms in his system.

The whole thing is BS, if Jones wasn't such a draw then the UFC would have given him a lifetime ban years ago. Imo their desperation to keep such an obvious repeat drug cheat on the books really tarnishes the reputation of the sport and the organisation.

5. StevieP

Soldato

I'm struggling to give Jones the benefit of the doubt simply because of his history - fair or not I think a lot of people will doubt him!

My issue is the ludicrousness of moving an entire card to a completely different state for the benefit of one guy - that is literally tens of thousands of people put out just so Jones can fight! If Jones had anything about him he'd recognise that other people were suffering because of him and simply withdraw from the card - yes this would leave Gus without a fight but the card itself would still have a main event with the Nunes vs Cyborg fight!

I love watching Jones fight but the UFC needs to start acting like a professional organisation rather than bowing to the whim of a few guys that simply do what they want!

6. esoteric

Wise Guy

I've seen a couple of Tweets of people that are flying or have already flown to Vegas for the fight and holiday at the same time that are **** out of luck. Flights, car rentals, hotels etc.

7. "andy"

Capodecina

Jones is just so dodgy that I can't even be a fan anymore

They are saying others have this same thing where trace amounts from previous uses are found a year later even after clear tests but no examples are given . Nevermind proof

It seems like he could use this drug between tests right now and get away with it if they give him this pass without even having to explain himself

8. McBain

Capodecina

USADA and the UFC must think people are gullible.

He’s been tested multiple times since 2017 so can someone please explain to me how they were clean but this test is somehow showing a trace from 18 months ago? There is no explanation, Jones is a cheat, that’s three times he’s popped.

Get better masking agents Jon.

9. viathinair

Wise Guy

So tired of Jones. POS should just **** off.

10. Ayahuasca

Capodecina

Just take it back to the pride days where everyone was juiced up to the gills.

I understand they can’t have drug free and drug allowed divisions as I’d imagine the latter would be far more popular with the extra knockouts and superhuman looking freaks on show.

11. PermaChanged

Mobster

Has anyone seen the Jeff Novitzky podcast with Joe Rogan?

It clears the waters a bit on this muddy Jon Jones situation

12. McBain

Capodecina

Novitzky is a slimeball that can't be trusted, he's supposedly the expert but refers some questions to 'the experts'. He's on the UFC payroll so that's reason enough to take whatever he says with a pinch of salt, as is Rogan for that matter.

Who are these supposed experts anyway?

13. TheBrooder

Mobster

I hope Gusty absolutely punishes Jones tonight, it'll take the performance of a lifetime but he's got all the motivation he needs.

14. cainer

Man of Honour

looking at the odds, Nunes has more of a chance of beating Cyborg than Gus beating Jones (Nunes 2/1 Gus 3/1)

15. "andy"

Capodecina

I was expecting an unbiased view but noope hes gone rogue

All they keep trying to do is make it sound better than it is. Repeatedly mentioning how small of an amount it is . Picograms picograms . A millionth of a grain of sand etc

Not once did he mention 50-60 millionths , or that this is per ? ml of blood ! Because him and Dana are too busy saying it's like a grain of sand in a pool to make things sound smaller and more diluted

Then the only research he reffers too on the matter was done by the Russian guy known and proven to be the biggest doping cheat of recent years :p

More importantly no matter how small a picogram is or how little an effect the amount found might have on his performance he's not mentioned how many other athletes tests are coming back with ZERO picograms !

Jones should be banned till his blood comes back clear . Or if they are allowing doping now then everyone should be allowed to have trace amounts found

16. cainer

Man of Honour

4-5 years ago i would have stayed up all night and been buzzing for this event, now il probably just catch up with the highlights on Youtube,

So..

you watching live? or on catch-up? or maybe like me watch a couple of highlights and see Wiki for the results lol

Last edited: Dec 29, 2018
  17. PermaChanged

Mobster

Even the why they're depicting picograms is incorrect, it's a millionth of a GRAM not a grain of salt or sand, unless all of a sudden a grain of salt/sand weighs 1 gram.

It is tiny amounts regardless, however I don't fully understand how the measurements can constantly be fluctuating and getting higher between tests, unless of course there was something untoward being done by Jones.

18. viathinair

Wise Guy

Damn, Nunes KO'd Cyborg! Cyborg probably never encountered that much power and thus didn't respect Nunes - oh, well. Nunes WMMA GOAT probably, not that I really care, but, uhhh, yeah...

Hoping Gus KOs Jones, but I guess it's very unlikely.

Edit: Jones won via TKO, and I sink further into my MMA jadedness...

Edit2: I said earlier that I only care about the odd big fight these days; well, my dislike of Jones sparked me to watch this card live (and I'm a Brit living in the US, so the timing isn't bad).

Last edited: Dec 30, 2018
  19. Roar87

Mobster

Great fights last night. I'm not really interested in who passed or failed a drug test, passing a drug test doesn't mean you aren't cheating and failing one doesn't mean you deliberately cheated, so what does it matter. The fact that Cyborg and Brock Lesnar have fought in the UFC should tell you with what regard to give drug tests.

20. Quinnaay

Soldato

Gus didn't look too good, think Jones gameplan made it look that way. Some great fights thought the Mendez v volk was great, Chiesa was very dominant and id suspect condit isn't far away from hanging the gloves up and obvious Nunes wow class performance