1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

**The Official Everything MMA Related Thread**

Discussion in 'Sports Arena' started by The IPB, Jun 29, 2009.

1. McBain

Capodecina

Bad stoppage Imo, although he was hitting him with big shots he never really looked out of it and was attempting a single leg.... if he was flat on his back fair enough but he just seemed wobbled. Two champs fighting, at least give him the chance to see if he can recover......

Glad Cowboy won after Hernandez was acting like a disrespectful douchebag pre fight

Last edited: Jan 20, 2019
  2. cainer

Man of Honour

looked to me like if it had gone on 2-3 seconds longer the way the fight was going he'd have been KO'd,
    so should the ref wait untill someone is KO'd?
    if anyone is to blame then its TJ for allowing himself to be put in that position

3. esoteric

Wise Guy

Very surprised Henry made it look that easy.

4. Morve

Gangster

Glad the snake lost, Henry was on fire

5. Omaeka

Sgarrista

I don't think TJ was hurt at all, he recovered instantly with no facial damage as soon as it was stopped and he got up to protest. Henry was just catching him off balance and he never got it back until he shot for a leg at which point it was too late.

That being said, in MMA when you take a ton of shots unanswered while not defending it will be stopped, even if you aren't receiving damage. Just look at when people get put in a crucifix, little pepper shots that do not inflict any damage but stack into enough consecutive strikes that the fight gets stopped.

6. McBain

Capodecina

Doesnt have to be a KO for the ref to stop it but whilst the guy still looks in it, which TJ did to me, he should let it go. Historically stoppages have always been a little later in championship fights which is the way it should be Imo, as above although Cejudo was landing big shots and he was rocked he didn't look out of it to me.

7. Kenai

Capodecina

The only way that's an early stoppage imo is if we're changing the rules to say someone needs to be completely incapacitated to call a stop.

8. Kris_90

Wise Guy

Brilliant card. The cowboy fight was awesome, easily fight of the night.

I thought the stoppage was a bit early in the main event but TJ dropped too much weight, he didn't seem able to take a punch. It reminded me of Rockhold, he looks the same at middleweight.

9. cainer

Man of Honour

10. ree

Wise Guy

yeah was a bad stoppage tj was still there albeit rocked but still going.

what a tool that hardy guy is though.. part of me thinks it was intentional because crowder was mugging him off just before and he was gassed. plus 3rd fight or whatever it was gets a totally undeserved co main :/ wth.

glad to see jojo got another win shes starting to look a lot more comfortable on the ground.

11. Morve

Gangster

12. Kris_90

Wise Guy

I was just looking at the upcoming fights and holly sh*t the next 10 weeks are stacked.

Saturday (26th) Bellator 214 - Fedor vs Bader & Aaron Pico is fighting.
    2nd Feb UFC Fight Night - Demian Maia vs Lyman Good, Aldo vs Moicano & Assuncao vs Marlon Moraes
    10th Feb UFC 234 - Whittaker vs Gastelum & Anderson Silva vs Israel Adesanya
    15th Feb Bellator 216 - Mitrione vs Kharitonov
    16th Feb Bellator 217 - MVP vs Daley, Mirko Crop Cop vs Roy Nelson & Cheick Kongo vs Vitaly Minakov
    17th Feb UFC on ESPN - Francis Ngannou vs Cain Velasquez, James Vick vs Paul Felder, Kimmie Rivera vs Aljo, Bruce Leeroy vs Kron Gracie & Andre Fili vs Myles Jury
    2nd Mar UFC 235 - Jon Jones vs Anthony Smith, Woodley vs Usman, Ben Askren vs Robbie Lawler & Zabit vs Jeremy Stephens
    9th Mar UFC Fight Night - JDS vs Derrick Lewis
    16th Mar UFC Fight Night - Darren till vs Jorge Masvida & Leon Edwards vs Gunnar Nelson
    23rd Mar UFC Fight Night - Wonderboy vs Pettis & Curtis Blaydes vs Justin Willis
    29th Mar Bellator 220 - Koreshkov vs Lorenz Larkin
    30th Mar UFC Fight Night on ESPN 2 - Edson Barboza vs Justin Gaethje

It hasn't been this good since the Fertitta days :D That 15th-17th Feb weekend is just crazy.

13. Morve

Gangster

Hope Fedor wins then retires

14. StevieP

Soldato

Can't see as it will make much difference to his legacy if he loses to be honest - he's already lost his aura of invincibility so I'd rather see Bader go on and become a dominant champion just to stick it to Dana for not offering enough money for him to stay in the UFC!

15. nemtizz

Capodecina

16. G-MAN2004

Caporegime

17. ThestigGT999

Soldato

Jake Hager Wins His MMA Debut

well done Jack Swagger

18. Kris_90

Wise Guy

Bellator 214 was a decent card, fights were a bit short but all pretty good.

Jack Swagger looks like a beast. Regardless of him acting in WWE, you can see he's a legit wrestler. He's got plenty of work to do on his stand up game but I'm looking forward to his next fight.

Aaron Pico's next fight is going to be interesting. He's a great boxer (and wrestler) but he's too hotheaded. He should have easily won that fight.

Fedor can't take a punch anymore and now Bader's champ champ. A bit disappointing as the left hook/jab didn't look like it had much on it but then Fedor is 40.

19. cainer

Man of Honour

it looked better than the 'KO' punch Chris Weidman landed on Anderson Silva in their first fight, cant beleve that was nearly 6 years ago :o

20. Kris_90

Wise Guy

Anyone watch the NAC meeting? I went on youtube noticed it's been streamed. It's not looking good for Jon Jones to get a license for UFC 235.

After hearing USADA's responses to NAC's questions, they are really shady. The USADA representive just lied under oath, he claimed Andy Foster (Head of California State Athletic Commission) knew about Jon Jones's test results from the tests undertaken in August and September when allowing Jon to fight in California. Andy Foster then texts Bob Bennett (Executive Director of NAC) and says he didn't know about them and USADA didn't notify them of the failed tests.

I really don't see the point of USADA after this.