**The Official Everything MMA Related Thread**

Soldato
Burns looked great, he has all the tools to be champion. Glad Woodley is on a slide I’m tired of his bitching and complaining.

Just watched the fight. Apart from catching his opponent with a knockout punch Woodley seemed to have no plan B. I don't think his cardio is that great either as he never seemed able to put his opponent under pressure.

Soldato
Looks like Jones has thrown his toys out of his pram and has allegedly vacated the LHW title following a spat with Dana over not being paid enough for a superfight with Ngannou!

He's quite clearly the most talented LHW in the UFC but I won't miss him if he does end up leaving the UFC - I can't remember the last fight he had that I enjoyed!

Associate
A lot of vacated belts of late it seems. When you're so dominant and win so much for so long people tend to get bored and want to see something new and different. I would be disappointed if he did leave.

Having said that, if he was to fight Ngannou he would have got smashed.

Soldato
Having said that, if he was to fight Ngannou he would have got smashed.

I'm not so sure, Jones has always risen to the challenge and his last few fights he appears to have taken to going with the safest option rather than going for finishes.

I'd imagine Jones would just stay safe and wear Ngannou down like Stipe did!

I just don't find him entertaining to watch any more, it's nothing to do with his dominance, he's just become a fairly boring fighter!

Associate
He's too big and strong for Jones. I feel Jones wouldn't be able to take him down nor stand with him and that's where Ngannou is most dangerous. Only Miocic or Cormier would stand a chance really and even then I would favour Ngannou.

Soldato
Pfft, credit to Spencer for going 5 rounds but she was never going to touch Nunes, totally outclassed. Shame there's no competition, she can't just keep fighting Shevchenko. Don't think it's good for the sport to let beatings like that go on personally.

Associate
Why would you favour Ngannou over Miocic, what's changed?

Ngannou got far too confident and complacent thinking he could blitz through Miocic. I guess he got taught a valuable lesson, but it all adds to experience. Miocic will likely fight the same way as he did in the first fight and that's where Ngannou will have improved upon.

Ree

Ree

Associate
eye missed weight again and was shaking even said she was struggling to stand i wonder if the fight will go ahead still.

Soldato
Wow, awesome fights last night, especially after that Blaydes snoozefest last week.

I thought Dustin was lucky to be saved by the bell at the end of the second, but as the fight went on he really came into his own, definitely knows his way around the later rounds. Hooker was totally spend by the 5th.

Maurice Green was a lucky guy, looked like he just managed to smothered Villante's mouth so he panicked and tapped?

Good card for 251, looking forward to it!

Soldato
or Colby. But the way UFC is going this year we will get Anderson Silva at a catch-weight or some nonsense. No one seems to want to fight for the money being offered and Dana is too stubborn to the up the money. Bad times.

Back
Top Bottom