**The Official Everything MMA Related Thread**

Caporegime
Nate Diaz is one of the toughest SOB's in the game and Edwards won every round.. comfortably beat him everywhere , made him look like a novice on the feet and totally controlled clinches and the ground game.. one punch changed the narrative in the last minute.. if not for that it would have been a flawless performance imo. Re-watch the fight !
Nate is a tough has-been, a sloppy fighter who is now shilling for the money. He is no true test of a top-ranked fighters skills, he is just popular enough to mean a good payday. I have seen all of Nates fights and his heart has not been in it for the last several years.

Associate
Conor made Nate, if it wasn’t for those 2 fights he’d be fighting cans.

Look at Nates record, 8 FTON bonuses, 5 SOTN and even a KO of the night. All against top tier opponents.

I don't think anyone seriously thinks he's going to be fighting for a UFC title anytime but the level of competition is the same as he's always fought.

Nate only has one fight left on his UFC contract.. would you want to see him continue after that ?

Caporegime
Look at Nates record, 8 FTON bonuses, 5 SOTN and even a KO of the night. All against top tier opponents.

I don't think anyone seriously thinks he's going to be fighting for a UFC title anytime but the level of competition is the same as he's always fought.

Nate only has one fight left on his UFC contract.. would you want to see him continue after that ?

He’s also 20-13 regardless of how entertaining his fights are.

He will be kept on because he’s a draw, again though that’s thanks to Conor.

Personally I’d like to see him stay on because he’s always entertaining leading up to as well as the fight but he’s way down the pecking order.

Last edited:
Associate
He’s also 20-13 regardless of how entertaining his fights are.

He will be kept on because he’s a draw, again though that’s thanks to Conor.

Personally I’d like to see him stay on because he’s always entertaining leading up to as well as the fight but he’s way down the pecking order.

Got mixed feelings myself, love watching him fight but his fights are always wars in which he takes a lot of damage, he's made retirement money at this point so why risk becoming a cabbage.

Associate
Max Holloway and Yair Rodriguez have just had a scrap that could be up there with last week's potential fight of the year, absolutely awesome stuff.

Amazing fight, Yair is a true warrior, that foot was screwed by the 4th and he was still throwing it with bad intentions. He really put in on Holloway at the end of the fight, I didn't think he had it in the tank !

Caporegime
Wow what an AMAZING fight, Yair is so exciting to watch but Holloway is just a FORCE. I can't help but laugh when goons like Jorge Masvidal peacock themselves around, saying how tough and gangster they are, when I cannot think of anyone who is as god damn tough as Max Holloway. The guys just eats big shots for breakfast, took 30 huge calf kicks without losing mobility, as well as chomping on numerous clean punches and elbows while hardly slowing down. His timing was also amazing as was the way he relentlessly moves forward and picks his shots. Oh yeah, and he just happens to be one of the nicest and most sportsmanlike guys in the UFC. The man is a legend and an example to all fighters. I'm a huge fan.

I'll watch the rest of the fights that I missed later, I should probably get a couple more hours kip. :D

Soldato
Wow what an AMAZING fight, Yair is so exciting to watch but Holloway is just a FORCE. I can't help but laugh when goons like Jorge Masvidal peacock themselves around, saying how tough and gangster they are, when I cannot think of anyone who is as god damn tough as Max Holloway. The guys just eats big shots for breakfast, took 30 huge calf kicks without losing mobility, as well as chomping on numerous clean punches and elbows while hardly slowing down. His timing was also amazing as was the way he relentlessly moves forward and picks his shots. Oh yeah, and he just happens to be one of the nicest and most sportsmanlike guys in the UFC. The man is a legend and an example to all fighters. I'm a huge fan.

I'll watch the rest of the fights that I missed later, I should probably get a couple more hours kip. :D

He's awesome, and still only 29. I'm not sure what he can do next though? A 3rd fight with Volkanovski makes sense but he's lost twice already. Those two are a level above everyone else in the division I think.

Caporegime
He's awesome, and still only 29. I'm not sure what he can do next though? A 3rd fight with Volkanovski makes sense but he's lost twice already. Those two are a level above everyone else in the division I think.

Yeah, Volk has beaten him twice but in the end if a guy is the Number 1 contender and former champion and keeps beating all other opponents then he has to keep getting a shot every now and then otherwise what's the point? Holloway is head and shoulders better than every other fighter in the division and Volk is a shade better than he is.

PS: Dana just said as I write this post watching the post fight interview that it makes sense to see Max and Volk again.

Associate
PS: Dana just said as I write this post watching the post fight interview that it makes sense to see Max and Volk again.

Not sure I agree volky would have beaten Max for the title then defended twice against him in three fights.. doesn't make sense imo. But it also doesn't really make sense to have a Tito/Chuck situation where you have Max blocking all the top contenders from getting a shot.. Chikadze should be next.

Soldato
I think Max v Volk is really the only fight to make. It's plain that Volk is the best in the division, Max clearly 2nd and the rest are also rans. Would like to see Volk move up a weight after he beats Max again.

Associate
I think Max v Volk is really the only fight to make. It's plain that Volk is the best in the division, Max clearly 2nd and the rest are also rans. Would like to see Volk move up a weight after he beats Max again.

Styles make fights, Volk has only beaten 2 of the currently top 10 ranked featherweights (UFC rankings), there's lots of fights for him. Max has faced 4 of them. It would make more sense for Max to move up, especially as he has a win over Olivera (6 years ago) !!

Soldato
Styles make fights, Volk has only beaten 2 of the currently top 10 ranked featherweights (UFC rankings), there's lots of fights for him. Max has faced 4 of them. It would make more sense for Max to move up, especially as he has a win over Olivera (6 years ago) !!
I don't think there are lots of fights for him, opposite is true imo. He's beaten the best twice. Beaten second best convincingly. Rest of the division are a way behind those two. Put Volk at lightweight, make the best division even better :)

Caporegime
Not sure I agree volky would have beaten Max for the title then defended twice against him in three fights.. doesn't make sense imo. But it also doesn't really make sense to have a Tito/Chuck situation where you have Max blocking all the top contenders from getting a shot.. Chikadze should be next.

It's hardly the first time people have fought 3 times in total. There is a chance Max will win the next if he trains specifically for Volk. If he doesn't win then I agree one of them needs to move divisions up or down to progress. I would prefer the one moving up to be Volk as I think Max's fighting style would suffer from going up to lightweight whereas Volk can easily pile on the weight without losing his fighting style. I genuinely think that Max would be physically outgunned, dominated even, in todays Lightweight landscape. With his slight build he would get tossed around like a rag doll by the bruisers in that division, whereas Volk is a unit.

I think Max should stay in Featherweight and go down to the very competitive Bantamweight. Lets not forget that although he has had a long career he is still only 29 and has probably around at least 5 years left of his career.

Soldato
It's hardly the first time people have fought 3 times in total. There is a chance Max will win the next if he trains specifically for Volk. If he doesn't win then I agree one of them needs to move divisions up or down to progress. I would prefer the one moving up to be Volk as I think Max's fighting style would suffer from going up to lightweight whereas Volk can easily pile on the weight without losing his fighting style. I genuinely think that Max would be physically outgunned, dominated even, in todays Lightweight landscape. With his slight build he would get tossed around like a rag doll by the bruisers in that division, whereas Volk is a unit.

I think Max should stay in Featherweight and go down to the very competitive Bantamweight. Lets not forget that although he has had a long career he is still only 29 and has probably around at least 5 years left of his career.
Totally agree. Volkanovski used to play Rugby League, he was 90kg or so.

His first bout with Holloway was unanimous, second fight was a split decision.

Back
Top Bottom