the official f1 tickets discussion thread 2017

Soldato
hi all. im off to see the barcelona f1 race this year and rather make a specific thread for this thread, i have created a general f1 tickets discussion thread where people can chat about tickets, best seats, how to get there, camping/accomodation etc!

anyways whats the best seat to see a few corners of the track?

what kind of food do they serve on the track during the day?

do people camp in near the track or just get a hotel or airnbn in the main city of barcelona and commute from there?

Soldato
We've been to Barcelona quite a few times now - mostly for testing but once for the race.

It isn't the easiest circuit for overtaking, so don't expect much. On balance my own preference for location is right at the end of the straight before turn one. I do appreciate an F1 car accelerating and cornering, but there's also something very special about seeing one decelerate from 300 to 70 kph in the blink of an eye. Especially now in the V6 turbo era, there are so many different noises you can hear - it is an orchestra of power. From F you can see the pit exit, turns 1 and 2, entrance to turn 3 and turn 7.

We've stayed in a few places, from further out so that we could get an easy train to the circuit to right in on roads just off Las Ramblas. If there are a few of you and you can't be bothered with the train then a taxi is €50 - €60 from the centre to your chosen circuit gate. Fairly common now I think, but Circuit de Catalunya won't allow you to take glass bottles in, and if you've lots of plastic bottles of booze then expect them to also remove the tops if they're feeling strict.

Food is what you'd expect - burgers, chips, fried potatoes and cheese stuff, sausage.

We're actually a bit bored of Barcelona now, so we're staying in another town this year for testing - Sabadell. Closer to the circuit (we're driving this year) and just fancied a change of scenery.

If you're there on Thursday then go and queue at the track entrance behind grandstand J (the one before the main one). If you get there an hour before they open the gates (think it is 1 pm) then you'll be able to dash through and get a really good spot in front of your chosen garage. Needless to say, they're all Alonso and Ferrari mad so if you support another team you should be able to get right to the front if you get a jog on. Great opportunity to chat to the drivers and get a few things signed.

Associate
SoliD;30495930 said:
Austin GP recommendations for grandstand please anyone that has been!

I went to the 2016 US GP and just had general access so can't really recommend a grandstand. We walked the track Friday and Saturday morning and watched Qualifying and the Race from the Turn 1 hill. The atmosphere was amazing! We were all crammed in throughout the race and it was an awesome experience talking to people from all over the world.

Me and my friend had prime access to the S/F "track invasion" post race (Right hand side of the S/F main grandstand), we noticed people started queueing at the fence access 15 laps before the end! We knew we had to get moving.

ZzaKVGd.jpg

Managed to get in front of the podium for the presentation and anthems, I've got a video I uploaded to Facebook I need to rip and upload to be honest.

Spent the post race hanging on the pitlane fence with a bunch of other Brits shouting at Johnny Herbert and Damon Hill whilst they were filming for Sky Sports F1. Fair play to them all, they came over and spoke to us when they were off the air.

Caporegime
Just booked tickets for Becketts Granstand all weekend and camping for myself and my boy. Likely the only GP I will ever get to attend so decided to go full on almost. Nearly £1k including camping and weekend tickets. Ouch.

Soldato
Bought my tickets for Austin yesterday, $159 each for GA for the 3 days, plus the usual booking malarky. Grandstand seats weren't cheap so will probably keep an eye out the few weeks before on the resellers to see if I can pick up some race day ones. Will probably wander round the circuit Friday anyway.

Back
Top Bottom