1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

**** The Official Google Nexus 6P Thread ****

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones & Tablets' started by kona786, Sep 23, 2015.

1. Apex

Capodecina

me too from that angle, however the top looks nasty the way it doesn't go round the black bit.

2. Scottland

Capodecina

Yeah, I just don't think they'd work around the shape of the top - I assume thats why it stops below the visor. It feels really nice though, softer and grippier than plastic or metal with a good texture to it. The leather ones look good too, but didn't fancy leather since I had a leather G4 before this.

3. AndyCr15

Capodecina

dbrand do it fine -

4. Scottland

Capodecina

These are a lot thicker though its coated in actual cork/leather, the normal slickwraps are the same as dBrand but these 'natural' ones mustn't work around the visor - I don't think its a design choice.

5. AndyCr15

Capodecina

Ah, okay. Makes sense if it's actual cork.

6. Phog

Mobster

So I bought my 6P from Google Play and have broken the screen accidentally (well it wasn't me it was someone else but that's another story). Does anyone have any advice on the best way to get it repaired?

Huawei hasn't got back to me and neither has their third party repair centre in Kent (which also happens to have the worst reviews I've seen...). I haven't managed to call Google yet but I hear they just refer you to Huawei? I've found another provider in South London that has good reviews but I guess that will void warranty?

7. Gigabit

Mobster

Anyone notice the 6P has much better signal than other phones?

8. _Jimlad_

Capodecina

I would call Google anyway.

9. Rimsy

Mobster

Has much better signal than my old note 3 and my works S5 yeah. Happy change there

10. 413x

Capodecina

Still want this phone for my long term (3 years) replacement for my **** one plus one

Waiting for sub 400 for 64gb

11. danza

Capodecina

Just picked one of these up on a Vodafone contract. I really wanted another water resistant phone, but the only one I could justify was the Xperia Z3+. I almost signed up to one when I discovered the 6P was 2 quid a month less. No-brainer really!

Only downsides are no more YouTube in the bath and I don't think it'll stand being covered in wet weetabix and rinsed off like my Xperia did!

Last edited: Jan 30, 2016
  12. jazzy68

Gangster

Yes coming from a galaxy s6 the 6p does have a much better signal?

13. this_is_gav

Soldato

Not likely to happen new. More likely to be withdrawn from sale to be replaced next year, but there may be a modest discount next year for some residual units from the likes of CPW and the likes.

14. kefan77

Mobster

not sure if posted already, but 64GB is around 450 at French Rainforest.

15. Gigabit

Mobster

The 6P is my favourite Android phone. I just wish it wasn't quite so big.

16. Kainz

Capodecina

Took delivery of a nice Nexus fleece sleeve from begoos.com yesterday. I had requested it to be made a little wider as I had a Spigen Rugged armour case but its still a tight fit with it. I took the spigen off just to see what the fit was like and was blown away at how gorgeous the 6P looks nekkid. I had completely forgotten!

17. reflux

Capodecina

Ditto. It's great but it is on the large size. I'm actually tempted to switch back to a 5X for the smaller size but I think I'll miss the build and speed of the 6P.

18. whiskycycle

Wise Guy

Same for me I think. Have mother's old N5 back and have tried using it for a couple of days... Really torn. Definitely swinging towards ditching the 6P and going back to a 5X (for more than a week, this time).

19. reflux

Capodecina

Yeah, except if I do I think I'll get a black 5X because the white one I had picked up marks really easily.

20. photoshop

Soldato

If one one is considering changing from 6P to 5X im looking for a 64Gb 6P in Frost White :)