**** The Official Google Nexus 6P Thread ****

V_R

V_R

Soldato
For other phones yes this is true, I've read the s7 edge can be flashed to the EVR (EE) firmware and wifi calling works.

My G4 needed to be a EE branded handset for it to work (flashing EE firmware does not work without root)

Nexus however, I think works natively

There is a big thread about it over at xda

http://forum.xda-developers.com/nexus-6p/general/ee-wifi-calling-t3230060

Ah I see, nice one thanks, I'll have a read later. :)

Been running N on my 6P for the last week. Really rather impressed how well it runs considering it's very early beta status.

Good news, its stable? Any apps failing to open? Hows the battery life? They are the main issues I've seen mentioned most about the N preview. I'm very tempted myself tbh.....

@Nexus18 Thought you sent your 6P back? Have you seen the light!? :D

Caporegime
Matte blue Tudia case and minotour screen protector. Have 5 different cases to pick from but the Tudia is the most grippy.

Thanks, that case looks pretty nice!

@Nexus18 Thought you sent your 6P back? Have you seen the light!? :D

I did, this is for my brother's 6p ;) :p

Worth mentioning that his is better than mine in the sense that the screen wasn't anywhere as dull with same brightness settings + his buttons were solid, not wobbly at all/more clicky.

After seeing it again, I am so tempted, imo it is still the best "overall" android device on the market atm.

I need a new phone but really don't want to go back to non-nexus and I don't want to wait till October/November for the next one :(

Soldato
OP
I've had mine for just under 2 weeks now. I had a craving to try it out and see what I'm missing out on vs my Nexus 6.

The 2 standout features are the better camera and FP sensor. The rest of the improvements are marginal at best. The design is spot on bar the bezels. Really looks super stealth in Graphite.

I'll be sending it back today.

EDIT - Just took it out of the case and I repeat, I really do love the look and design of the phone. Its properly clean and classy. Build is top drawer, love the dual chamfers. I'll probably pick one later in the year when my wife is due for an upgrade.

Last edited:

V_R

V_R

Soldato
I'm still using the Spigen Thin Fit case, no screen protector.

I do love the 6P, and am tempted to try the N preview.

The only thing I dislike is it feels quite tall in the pocket, the rest of the time its perfect.

Caporegime
Yeah the height is the main thing for me. Width is a bit more than what I would like but it was manageable.

And yup, it is easily the best looking phone imo, so classy looking from all angles especially the aluminium with the way it contrasts with the all black front :cool:

As good as the front facing speakers are, I would have happily sacrificed one of them to make the phone smaller overall.

I'm using the Orzly tempered glass protector and the Spigen neo hybrid case, had them on since getting the phone back in October - can't fault either

Thanks.

That spigen is nice looking!

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Ah yes, how do you get wifi calling working on the 6P? I've just ported over to them from Three.

I'm just going though that XDA thread you posted earlier, but to save me a bit of time is there a TL;DR?

My 6P is stock from Google, what do I need to do? :)

Ta.

E: Found the option in the settings.

Last edited:
Soldato
It's weird but the thing I like most about stock android is that it doesn't treat you like a muppet and prompt you for every setting change with an "are you sure?" secondary window. It's the little things in life...

Soldato
Ah yes, how do you get wifi calling working on the 6P? I've just ported over to them from Three.

I'm just going though that XDA thread you posted earlier, but to save me a bit of time is there a TL;DR?

My 6P is stock from Google, what do I need to do? :)

Ta.

E: Found the option in the settings.

thats the one, when you drag down the notification bar, do you see EE wifi calling? (under your phone signal bars?)

Back
Top Bottom