1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

**** The Official Google Pixel 2/Pixel 2 XL Thread ****

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones & Tablets' started by sesevans, 22 May 2017.

1. Dangerous

Capodecina

Mine is now out for delivery and I've ordered a live case too! Felt like ordering something different over the standard Spigen case.

2. Teledude

Mobster

Ordered my home mini in Coral - delivery on Friday apparently :)

3. LiE

Capodecina

All sorted now, there was a small update on the store which I applied and restarted.

4. michty_me

Mobster

Any way to get the Google store to order from the UK without using a VPN? I'm currently on the border of the UK/Norwegian waters so everything is being diverted to the .no handle.

5. whiskycycle

Wise Guy

6. michty_me

Mobster

What do you mean by VPN pop?
    Regardless, That's good to hear. That means I can get it ordered a few days before home time so that I'm not waiting too long.

7. sesevans

Perma Banned

Great choice on the Live Case. I have enjoyed mine on the Pixel XL for the past year and have a new Live Case set to protect my Panda XL when it arrives next week (or so CPW says).

Really makes the phone personal.

8. whiskycycle

Wise Guy

@michty_me POP = Point Of Presence > a hop off point with a VPN exit point based in Norway somewhere.

9. michty_me

Mobster

Gotcha. Sorry, a bit slow just now. Not long up for nightshift.

10. _Jimlad_

Capodecina

So what display settings are you guys using ? I am on Saturated

I recommend the font size at smallest as well.

Took phone of charge at 7am and still have 60% battery. Been playing with it all day as well. Not bad

11. katinacooker

Gangster

Was in a livechat with o2 today, and apparently the next secuirty update will be released for the Pixel 2 on 30/11.

We shall see

12. sesevans

Perma Banned

CPW people in store told me they received a few Pixel 2 XLs today on their official launch but were quickly allocated/sold out. All deliveries were for the colour Black.

Said the Panda's are like gold-dust at the moment.

Has anyone received a Panda from the Google Store yet and what do they think about the colours?

13. mohawk

Wise Guy

how did you get to the different colour modes? i dont have anything that i can see to change them?

14. Azza

Caporegime

You need to November patch.

15. _Jimlad_

Capodecina

Yep spam update to make sure you have the latest patch then you get an option in display under advanced.

I find the default is to washed out for me. Even if it is natural.

16. V_R

Sgarrista

Natural here.

I'm at 35% with 4h SOT, the battery on this is pretty good!

Still not tested out the camera yet.

17. Foyman

Gangster

Won't pick anything up for me; stuck on the Sept update. Thankfully I ran my 6P in RGB mode for the past couple of weeks so I am fairly used to the muted colours now but it'd be nice to be on the latest version.

18. Vita

Capodecina

My small pixel is on 20% - 18h 29m ago was last full charge. SOT 4h 45mins. I'm very impressed with this phone to be honest. Only downside is coming from a iphone plus, I wish I had more screen lol, but I can live with it and love how light it is. The speakers are fantastic and android just seems to much better then my experience with it on a OP3T and Note5.

19. uvarvu

Mobster

That's odd. I cancelled my Google Panda and bought an iPhone X. That lasted a week before I returned it (phone is awesome but it runs iOS) and ordered a Panda from CPW on Saturday. It arrived yesterday! I'm so happy I chose that colour scheme, it looks and feels amazing. I have it in one of the fabric cases now which is also great.

20. Deepus

Gangster

Set my XL up this evening. Loving it so far! Blue shift is there, but no issue at all for me. Put the Ultimate Shield TGP on, fits well, slight rainbow effect in the centre of the screen, but only noticeable when looking at a stupid angle with a white background! Don't know what to make of the Caseology case I have. It feels bulkier than the Spigen case I had on my 6P, so would be good to hear the views of anyone that has a Spigen case on their XL.