**** The Official Google Pixel 2/Pixel 2 XL Thread ****

Soldato
My concern is if I return/RMA to Google (didn't buy it from them) I obviously have to wait until they've received it before anything happens but I also worry that knowing my luck they won't be able to replicate the issue and could end up costing me money?

Dude Google won't even look at it. You will be dispatched a brand new one as soon as yours docks in.

I found the Google RMA to take 4 days

Associate
My concern is if I return/RMA to Google (didn't buy it from them) I obviously have to wait until they've received it before anything happens but I also worry that knowing my luck they won't be able to replicate the issue and could end up costing me money?

Where did you buy yours from?

Can we RMA a CFW bought phone back to google?

Soldato
Where did you buy yours from?

Can we RMA a CFW bought phone back to google?
Pretty sure it's CPW not CFW :p

I believe you can RMA to Google but they won't do the pre-sending of a new handset to you before they receive your phone back like they will if you bought from the google store.

Soldato
Yeah what chanjy said. I bought mine from mobiles.co.uk (which is basically CPW) so I'm only entitled to a replacement once Google receive mine. If I'd bought direct from Google I'd have got a doorstep swap.

Associate
So I've decided I want a Pixel 2 now, but now weighing up whether the XL is worth the significant price difference.

Bezel on standard doesn't look great and it does make it look a bit outdated compared to other phones.
But the standard size would definitely suit my hands better.
Battery would be better on XL but I think standard is decent.
Quality control on XL screens is worrying. I could look past blue shift I think but burn in is concerning. Haven't Google released a patch to fix the colour complaints?
Standard doesn't appear to have screen issues at all.
More screen is always good though.

Hmm. Pro's and con's for both then. At £100+ for the XL, it's a tricky choice.

Associate
So I've decided I want a Pixel 2 now, but now weighing up whether the XL is worth the significant price difference.

Bezel on standard doesn't look great and it does make it look a bit outdated compared to other phones.
But the standard size would definitely suit my hands better.
Battery would be better on XL but I think standard is decent.
Quality control on XL screens is worrying. I could look past blue shift I think but burn in is concerning. Haven't Google released a patch to fix the colour complaints?
Standard doesn't appear to have screen issues at all.
More screen is always good though.

Hmm. Pro's and con's for both then. At £100+ for the XL, it's a tricky choice.

I went for the P2 over XL. Everyone goes on about the bezels but they've not annoyed me. The battery been great and the size is just right. Yes I like XL design and design but personally didn't warrant the extra expense.

Order online so can easily return XL if don't get on with it.

Associate
I don't believe so, I think it just uses Google software smarts to emulate shallow depth of field. The result is pretty good considering, although doesn't stand up to close scrutiny if you have ever spent anytime using an SLR.

I think was comparing when shooting in normal mode the scene is 28mm FOV or whatever it shoots at but when switch to Portrait it zooms in the scene giving different FOV. Wasn't entirely sure if machine learning then works it's magic on a digitally zoomed image or not.

Still happy to get the snaps that I'd have had to carry additional kit.

Soldato
Just ordered a Pixel 2 XL from Google. As a heads up, it seems that despite their policy, they are happy to refund the difference between the listed price and the CPW deal on delivery provided that you message them before ordering to get it in writing, send a screenshot of the deal after purchase, and message them on delivery.

Would rather do this than deal with CPW, had enough dealing with shady companies while going through this HTC debacle.

Soldato
My white without case has picked up a red/purple stain on the back that won't shift :(

Pretty sure it hasn't been near any red wine!
Unlucky. Didn't Google release some disclaimer about the white staining? I thought it was just an ass covering exercise and that it probably wouldn't do it! I saw somewhere that someone managed to take a chip off the paint on their white as well - forgive me if it was on here I just remember seeing it passing a few days ago.

Soldato
Hey folks, moving from the iPhone to the Pixel 2 XL, I am taking my time doing the whole moving of apps / setup etc, everything ready except what mail client does everyone use, Outlook?

Also, notification, do you guys use Nova launcher & Teslaunread to get the numeric notification badges that the iPhone has? (when it says like "40" next to whatsapp so you know you have 40 messages, email count for Outlook etc etc!)

Soldato

But the standard size would definitely suit my hands better

Well since it's a phone and not an ornament I'd definitely go with the standard Pixel 2!
Amazes me how hung up people get with how their phone looks yet less bothered by how it is to actually use!

V_R

V_R

Soldato
I got my Peel case today. Prefer it over the MNML due to the lip around the camera and the protection it gives. Its super minimal, like its not there, but its bloody slippery!

I like it thought, might get a Dbrand skin to go with it...

Back
Top Bottom