***The Official Gran Turismo 5 Thread***

Associate
Must admit, my playing time on GT5 has gone down the shoot tbh.

Hit a brick wall at level 23, Ive done all preceeding events, specials etc. In order to progress I need to purchase the 'Forumla Gran Turismo' (very unlikely), or repeat the same races over and over again, surely they must've spotted this quite obvious flaw in the game when game testing..

Even with a G27 racing wheel, there's only so much I can take before i get bored.

EDIT: for those struggling with Historic Race Car on Expert, i know its a grind but you win the Toyota 7 Race car which obliterates the opposition with a stage 3 turbo kit, from the Like the Wind B Spec event (have to be level 21 though).

Soldato

Hit a brick wall at level 23, Ive done all preceeding events, specials etc. In order to progress I need to purchase the 'Forumla Gran Turismo' (very unlikely), or repeat the same races over and over again, surely they must've spotted this quite obvious flaw in the game when game testing..

Even with a G27 racing wheel, there's only so much I can take before i get bored.

EDIT: for those struggling with Historic Race Car on Expert, i know its a grind but you win the Toyota 7 Race car which obliterates the opposition with a stage 3 turbo kit, from the Like the Wind B Spec event (have to be level 21 though).

What car did you use for B-Spec Like the Wind? My guy is like level 27 but always brakes too much on the 2nd Race meaning he is always last or like 10th.

Associate
What car did you use for B-Spec Like the Wind? My guy is like level 27 but always brakes too much on the 2nd Race meaning he is always last or like 10th.

If you get gold on both Like the Wind events in A Spec, you win the Toyota Minolta race car which with racing softs, will get you through many other events including like the wind b spec.

In order to finish Like the Wind in A Spec, i used a corvette zr1, use racing modifications at GT Auto, and then upgraded the other parts, il dig out the settings i used to manage the race.

Soldato
If you get gold on both Like the Wind events in A Spec, you win the Toyota Minolta race car which with racing softs, will get you through many other events including like the wind b spec.

In order to finish Like the Wind in A Spec, i used a corvette zr1, use racing modifications at GT Auto, and then upgraded the other parts, il dig out the settings i used to manage the race.

I was worried you might say that! lol

I've managed Gold in the first A-Spec race of Like the Wind but the best I've managed is Silver in the 2nd one. Can't seem to get round that last corner with enough speed to win.

Associate
Just found some info on how to beat it I am gonna give it a try

Car: Lamborghini Countach LP400 Fully Tuned. Must add a Wing to the car!

Tuning: Transmission at 162mph
Suspension: Height -10F/-10R Spring Rate: 10.5F/12.3R
Brakes: Front 6/Rear 4
Tires: Racing Soft

Driving Aids: Traction 2
Skid Recovery: On
Active Steering: Mild
ASM: Off
ABS: 1

Lamborghini Countach LP400 .. Willing to give it a try, where would I get it ?

Associate
Try these.

Fully Race modded ZR-1 @ 900+ hp
Racing Soft racing tires, make sure you fit them before racing.
All driving aids set to off, ABS set to On.
Full down force, front and back.
Top speed set to around 260
LSD settings all to their lowest (5)
ABS, front and rear bias both set to 5.

Anti-roll bars (front and rear) to 4.
Spring rates: 13.4 for the front, 13.6 for the rear.
Camber (front and rear): -10
Toe in for the front and back wheels was set to -1.0

Other than this, id just suggest practice. You shouldn't need to break on the corners, just ease of the accelerator.

Associate

I'm feeling exactly the same now. 2 or 3 races on the Indy track, quick check in the used car section, then back again :o

Soldato
Try these.

Fully Race modded ZR-1 @ 900+ hp
Racing Soft racing tires, make sure you fit them before racing.
All driving aids set to off, ABS set to On.
Full down force, front and back.
Top speed set to around 260
LSD settings all to their lowest (5)
ABS, front and rear bias both set to 5.

Anti-roll bars (front and rear) to 4.
Spring rates: 13.4 for the front, 13.6 for the rear.
Camber (front and rear): -10
Toe in for the front and back wheels was set to -1.0

Other than this, id just suggest practice. You shouldn't need to break on the corners, just ease of the accelerator.

Thanks! I've give that a go.

Yeah I don't brake on the corners, which is how I overtake most of them, it is just that last two corners where I lose all my speed. I'll let you know how I get on.

Back
Top Bottom