***The Official Gran Turismo 5 Thread***

Associate
One car per day :( When it hits midnight you should be able to send another one. And changing your PS3's date doesn't work, the game moans about it being wrong ;)

edit: Car sent!

Also, finally got the 256 colours trophy, now I can start using some of those colours at last. Thinking of using the Tuscan reflex purple on my Citroen race car :D

Last edited:
Associate
Got it, tyvm :)

No problem :)

I ended up going with Reflex Spice instead of the purple:

Looks really different (and honestly way more lifelike) when I get it on my laptop/pc screen compared to the HDTV. Need to compensate for that when taking pics I guess.

edit: Killswitch - Anything in return or just a random freebie? I'll take it if you're just giving it away, it'll go towards the 1000 cars :)

Associate
Sorry, was busy spray painting my ZR1 :3 Added.

edit: Just checked my garage and as it happens I do indeed have that exact car, in white. You'll have to wait till midnight tomorrow though as I've just sent a car. I'll trade it for whatever random car you don't want, value doesn't matter, it's just to keep the number the same :)

edit2: Got it, thanks muchly!

edit3: Repainted ZR1:

This could get seriously addictive...

Last edited:
Soldato
Sorry, was busy spray painting my ZR1 :3 Added.

edit: Just checked my garage and as it happens I do indeed have that exact car, in white. You'll have to wait till midnight tomorrow though as I've just sent a car. I'll trade it for whatever random car you don't want, value doesn't matter, it's just to keep the number the same :)

Legend!!! I'll send you the most interesting car I've got (not that I have much of interest right now!!). Ha, I'm actually excited!! Lame!!

Associate
Omg, b-spec british lightweights is a joke, 500bhp TVR at around 890kg and he cant catch the 1st place Lotus Elise at 700-odd kg with less than 200bhp !!! Ginetta 64 250 bhp 450kg, same nonsense.
Read some people struggle to win using Mclaren F1 for christs sake.

Soldato
And so it's finally happened - I now face the choice of grinding to carry on any further in the game or just stopping now :/

Really hate the idea, it's just not something you should have to do IMO. I can understand it for a few races, but I'm going to have to do it for about a day before I can get anywhere! Also just can't get any enjoyment out of B-Spec, it's like watching paint dry :o

Might be a good time to stop playing until the next big patch/feature arrives.

Soldato
Omg, b-spec british lightweights is a joke, 500bhp TVR at around 890kg and he cant catch the 1st place Lotus Elise at 700-odd kg with less than 200bhp !!! Ginetta 64 250 bhp 450kg, same nonsense.
Read some people struggle to win using Mclaren F1 for christs sake.

That's odd I used the elise you win for the top gear challenge, admittedly with loads of mods to take it to ~250bhp/690kg and won by a country mile...

And so it's finally happened - I now face the choice of grinding to carry on any further in the game or just stopping now :/

Really hate the idea, it's just not something you should have to do IMO. I can understand it for a few races, but I'm going to have to do it for about a day before I can get anywhere! Also just can't get any enjoyment out of B-Spec, it's like watching paint dry :o

Might be a good time to stop playing until the next big patch/feature arrives.

I'm hoping by the time I get to that stage they add more events, so far I've managed not to repeat any events except those that I didn't win first time, but I can see it'll happen sooner or later...

Soldato
No, you only get the cash for special events once (for each level, so one 3rd place prize, one 2nd place and one first, but that can be done in 1 or 3 attempts if that makes sense...)

Associate
yeah I thought this was the case :p

some of those gold (1st place) trophies seem impossible to get, for example the Mercedes race, I struggle to get silver and gold you need to shave almost 10 seconds off that.. wtf lol

Back
Top Bottom