***The Official Gran Turismo 5 Thread***

Soldato
I've got all golds on the first 3 levels of the mercedes stuff :p

Currently just level 22 hence not doing the last one yet :)

Some of them did take several attempts though (whilst others were easy first attempt ones...)

Associate
That's odd I used the elise you win for the top gear challenge, admittedly with loads of mods to take it to ~250bhp/690kg and won by a country mile...

Someone said they did it in a Caterham fully tuned, most people did it in an Elise.
Not being able to keep up with a car that only has 200 bhp, while i have 500 bhp waiting to burn behind him. TVR fully tuned, ratio set low for good accel and he still cant get past the guy in first.
Must not like FR cars that are light with good power. Same with Ginetta '64 250 bhp 450kg. Does even worse in that car.

Soldato
Anyone else absolutely in love with the Honda S800 RSC race car from 1968 that you get from Golding everything in IB license?

It is such an awesome little beast. It corners so well. It is my Oliver!

Associate
Chris [BEANS];18032531 said:
Legend!!! I'll send you the most interesting car I've got (not that I have much of interest right now!!). Ha, I'm actually excited!! Lame!!

Glad I can help :D I've got a garage of nearly 300 cars at this point and I'm not doing much with any of them really so if I can help someone else get a car they want that's great :)

Omg, b-spec british lightweights is a joke, 500bhp TVR at around 890kg and he cant catch the 1st place Lotus Elise at 700-odd kg with less than 200bhp !!! Ginetta 64 250 bhp 450kg, same nonsense.
Read some people struggle to win using Mclaren F1 for christs sake.

Having the stealth model F1 this event was seriously a breeze for me. If you don't mind being a little cheap though you can easily win in less powerful cars by not following the course properly ;) Just be careful around the crossover as the game can get confused if you hit another car as you go round and get knocked into the wrong part of the track. I ended up in 12th like that even though I was a lap ahead of the other cars.

Anyone else absolutely in love with the Honda S800 RSC race car from 1968 that you get from Golding everything in IB license?

It is such an awesome little beast. It corners so well. It is my Oliver!

OLIVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER! :D:D

edit: Also, I'm sure I read somewhere that there was another patch due on the 20th as well. Whether it's true or not is a matter for debate though.

Associate
They're all the same from what I can tell. That's the point I guess, it's how you set the machine up and how well you can draft opponents that determines the winner. I just bought #42 I think it was (Juan something iirc), mostly because it's the answer to life, the universe and everything :D That and I got fed up of the special events and couldn't be bothered trying to gold them just to get the free nascar prize.

edit: Yeah, #42 Juan Montoya IMPALA. Biggest waste of money ever ;_;

Last edited:
Soldato
I got the #18 Kyle Busch one for getting all golds in the jeff gordon special event, but as said they're all the same (just cheaper if you do the special event way of getting it :p)

Soldato
I have a couple of questions.

Does the used car selection change as you level up or does it just generate randomly? Is this generated daily?

Back in the day you could race championships over and over to get cash and cars. Do you still get cars? I.e. If I sell a car I win in a championship, can I get it again or is it a one time shot?

ZOMG Oliver just beat m3 and 350z around grand valley. It is hilarious watching Oliver sprint away from the fast cars in the corners an then just pray try don't catch him on the huge straight

Last edited:
Associate
Used cars change every 5th time you see a loading screen, during race events, licenses or whatever. You can go into licenses and just keep hitting the next license button to load the next one to quickly advance through 5 loading screens and refresh the used car inventory.

And nope, you get prize money every time but only win the car once. Sucks tbh, that was an awesome (and very much less tedious) way of earning money in previous games :(

edit: you also can't sell any of the decent cars, you can only remove them from your garage. I bought an Enzo for 1million and now can't sell it even if I want to. Prize cars you can sorta see why they did this but on a car I spent a huge amount of credits on buying? wtf

Last edited:
Caporegime
Nascar Special event.. seriously what gives there i spent hours yesterday running last position over and over again yesterday and then i finally just put ABS to zero. Despite not actually using the brakes now im 10-20mph faster than my opponents and im in first by the end of the first lap?

The only problem then was getting rammed off prematurely but with ABS on i would come dead ast 99.99% of the time... Did it at about thr 10th try with ABS off.

Also went back and golded the first challenge where before i could only scrape a silver on my first try!

ABS = FAIL

Soldato
Used cars change every 5th time you see a loading screen, during race events, licenses or whatever. You can go into licenses and just keep hitting the next license button to load the next one to quickly advance through 5 loading screens and refresh the used car inventory.

And nope, you get prize money every time but only win the car once. Sucks tbh, that was an awesome (and very much less tedious) way of earning money in previous games :(

edit: you also can't sell any of the decent cars, you can only remove them from your garage. I bought an Enzo for 1million and now can't sell it even if I want to. Prize cars you can sorta see why they did this but on a car I spent a huge amount of credits on buying? wtf

Cheers Radio. That really helps. This game just feels so much fun. I personally prefer it to Forza 3 because of the sillyness factor. Love it

Associate
ABS = FAIL

Turning ABS off made that much of a difference? I'll have to try that then, I never did finish the final nascar special event.

Does that restore body rigidity do anything or is it a huge waste of cash?

Huge waste of cash, especially given how hard getting money is. It just restores the car's rigidity which helps (a small amount) with handling. It's not worth the money though, not by a long shot.

Back
Top Bottom