***The Official Gran Turismo 5 Thread***

Associate
Definitely better off getting 4th, 3rd, 2nd then 1st.

Easily doable with all driving aids off except ABS (1)

Aero parts, air filter and fully customizable box ;)

Soldato
The collector's dealership makes getting a Formula GT a lot easier by the way, I found one the first time I visited (on another account too so it's fixed for everyone I guess) :)

How does this dealership work?

Do cars within this section cost more than those within the used dealership?

Last edited:
Soldato
Patch listing

The latest update to Gran Turismo 5, version 1.05, was made available just a few hours ago and weighs in at 608MB. Here’s a quick, official summary of all the new changes, but users are discovering a few more new tweaks in our forums as well:

* Seasonal Events: [Seasonal Events] have been added to the [GT Mode] – [GT Life] screen. From here you can participate in official online events from the Polyphony Digital team. In these events, all participants are under the same regulations, and if you complete the event you will win rewards and experience. Compete on the leader boards with players around the world, in Time Trials and Drift Trials!
* Online Collector’s Dealership: An [Online Collector's Dealership] has been added to the left and centre of the [GT Mode]-[GT Life] screen. In here you will find popular and rare cars. You might just come across that one car you’ve always been looking for, that you haven’t been able to find in the [Used Car Dealership].
* Online Race Rewards and Experience: When you complete a race in the [Open Lobby] or [My Lounge], you will now gain rewards and experience points. Even if you are focused more on playing online, you’ll still be able to gain rewards and levels that you need to progress in [GT Life].
* Driving Distance and Number of Wins in Online Races: The driving distance and the number of wins you achieve when you complete a race in [Open Lobby] or [My Lounge] will now affect your stats in [Profile] and the [Garage]. Here the results from your online play will cumulate within [GT Life].
* Improved Rewards: The rewards for winning races in both A-Spec and B-Spec in [GT Mode]-[GT Life] have been increased for a limited time only. (This applies until the end of January 2011.) This is a great chance for those who were previously having difficulties getting ahead in the game, due to a lack of funds for tuning and purchasing required cars.
* Race Information Display: It is now possible to set the [Race Info Display] in [Start]-[Quick Options]. (You can also set this in [Race Display] in [Options]).
* Save Data Backup: You can now copy and restore your save data. For details, please refer to the in-game [Manual].
* User BGM (Menu): From [Options]-[Hardware]-[Audio Settings], it is now possible to set the [User BGM] (Menu)]. (This can also be set from the [Music Library] within [GT Mode]).
* Car Name Change: The official name of “Red Bull X1″ has been changed to the “Red Bull X2010″.
* Integration with the Website: The main features within [GT Mode]-[Community] can now also be accessed through the “gran-turismo.com” official website.
* [Important Note:] We have made improvements to the [Log] within [GT Mode]- [Community] section, in order to make its operation more stable. Please note that the information that was contained here from before the update has been reset.

One interesting thing to note is that today, December 20th, was set to be the launch date of the US GT Academy. However, as of writing there is no mention of this in the latest update, though presumably it may appear in the new “Seasonal Events” later. Stay tuned for more, and thanks to all who sent this in so quickly!

Soldato
Online Collector’s Dealership: An [Online Collector's Dealership] has been added to the left and centre of the [GT Mode]-[GT Life] screen. In here you will find popular and rare cars. You might just come across that one car you’ve always been looking for, that you haven’t been able to find in the [Used Car Dealership].

Why is this online?

Associate
Been concentrating on my b spec driver and he is about to hit 19, i'm still on 18 and then this patch comes out. Woo hoo, less grinding all round.
Shame u cant sell the Veyron u win, not driven it at all , worth 2 mil in collect dealership.

Man of Honour
Otherwise it would just be the used car dealership?

Been concentrating on my b spec driver and he is about to hit 19, i'm still on 18 and then this patch comes out. Woo hoo, less grinding all round.
Shame u cant sell the Veyron u win, not driven it at all , worth 2 mil in collect dealership.

I got the GT40 from a level 17 voucher (if memory serves). £20m in the dealership! Can't sell it :(

Associate
Well, the indy race on the american event normally gives 98,000 for 1st place, now it gives 117,000. Should give you some idea of the sort of 'extra' they're talking about. ie, probably not as much as we'd like.

Associate
Some is better than none, no?

Hey, I'm not complaining :p I've been grinding Indy for the past few hours and now have 10million credits thanks to the extra. But seriously, the ridiculous amounts you get for endurance races need to be fixed.

Multi-Millionaire trophy just popped up too :D

edit: Excellent, they've added the skip feature when you buy a car they were talking about.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom