The Official Hearthstone : Heroes of Warcraft Thread

Associate
Really enjoying this game. Hopefully there will be an android version at some point as this will be great to play in airports/hotel rooms etc. when travelling with work.

iOS versions are apparently around the corner with Android following after!

also some new content news

Game Content
New premium content will be added to the game which will not effect game balance. This includes:
New Heroes (Varian instead of Garrosh)
New Card Backs (Separate from the ones rewarded for ranked season play)
New Game Boards
Non-Warcraft themed elements will not be added to Hearthstone.
Achievements will eventually be added to the game.
Adventure modes will contain new quests, new game stages, and contain between 10 and 20 new cards.
The first adventure mode will be launched after the game releases on PC And iPad.
More rewards are planned for the ranked ladder.
The first planned expansion back will contain between 100 and 200 new cards.
Death Knights and Monks are not being currently worked on.
Features
The team is currently not working on a 2v2 mode. 1v1 needs to be solid first.
Observer mode is still on the list of things to do, but it is not being actively worked on.
The team is keeping an eye on the length of seasons, but are not considering adjusting the duration of them yet.

taken from http://www.hearthpwn.com/news/275-dev-interview-new-heroes-gameboards-adventure-mode

Associate
Im seriously annoyed... played the game for the first time this weekend, turns out i had a closed beta invite months ago... :(

This game is seriously up there on one of my favourite games played already and having known i could have played it longer is a kick in the nuts haha.

Been trying out the priest, pretty fun.

Gonna try out the warlock druid and hunter.

Man of Honour
I've pretty much played this exclusively since I saw my beta invite not this weekend but previous. Love it, even though I get really annoyed when I lose. Thankfully it's not in person or I'd rip their cards up. :D

Soldato
I've pretty much played this exclusively since I saw my beta invite not this weekend but previous. Love it, even though I get really annoyed when I lose. Thankfully it's not in person or I'd rip their cards up. :D

Tell me about it :p I thought it was just me but it's so goddamn enraging... I don't know if it's by design or not but the characters and their emotes and everything about the tone of the game makes your opponent seem so ******* unbelievably smug when they get really lucky cards and you get the opposite :mad: **** YOU JAINA!!!!!

Soldato
For those starting in arena, aside from the rankings, try to get about 4 solid 2 drops (Faeries, other 3/2s) at minimum. When you select your cards you want to fairly aggressively put them back for the early game, arena is much more tempo than a standard match and control decks are very rare. The only 4+ drops I keep around are things like truesilver / yeti which are extremely strong on their own or class specific things to counter match ups (consecrate vs warlock).

I highly recommend steering decks to the early game in arena, people that do thought steal on T3 are asking to be run over by T7 for example.

Soldato
^^ This sounds like good advice... I've spent several arena matches where after several turns I find myself sitting on a hand of 3 or 4 cards that are all too expensive and/or nothing but spells and no minions I can play... As soon as that happens your opponent ends up having a couple of minions survive enough to stick a load of buffs on them and plonks down a taunt and from that point it's just over

I'd say the other thing I feel like I'm learning is that in most situations it's better to take the damage to your character if it means keeping minions on the board (like smacking a 3-2 to kill it and clear the board, taking the 3 damage but leaving your 2-3 alive)... At first I found myself feeling reluctant to do this as I worried about losing too much health, but resetting the board just gives your opponent the chance to start again as well (and one turn ahead of you!!)

Whoever recommended that Ribbo (CaravelGaming) guy's videos on the last page - thanks :) Definitely very useful and I find him quite amusing too

Soldato
i normally get quite obsessed with making sure i have board advantage, however i often am left with hands which do not trade well.

Loving playing rogue in arena atm, the combo system is fun to build around.

Soldato
Arena can just be so unforgiving. Decided to give it a go again, I prefer constructed if I'm honest. Picked a pally and just got THE WORST picks ever :( no yetis no truesilver no kings and hardly any taunts except two choices which just happened to be the worst taunts (booty bay and lord of the arena) I managed to get 1 win 3 losses lol

I think ima go back to constructed for a while. I really can't wait for this to hit the iPad though :) going to be amazing fun to play on.

Soldato
I dunno I was just about to come on here and say "man I hate constructed" :p

Probably it's just because when you're just starting out and especially before you reach lvl 10 with a class you often don't have the benefit of the best cards to construct a deck from. If you come up against someone who has been playing for a few weeks even they're so much more likely to have a deck they've put together with some particular synergies in mind...

I'm currently hovering around lvl 18 in constructed, keep going up a few stars then down a few stars ad infinitum... But at least I'm gradually winning some gold for another run in the arena, and unlocking more of the basic cards :)

Associate
Arena can just be so unforgiving. Decided to give it a go again, I prefer constructed if I'm honest. Picked a pally and just got THE WORST picks ever :(

My second ever go at Arena and pulled this deck. Looks promising so far. Loving the Fordring, managed to use it when I was on 11hp vs a 30hp druid and beat him by using fordring then only go and bloody make a faceless manipulator of it!

Last edited:
Permabanned
Had some great games last night on mage. The best games are the ones that go right down to the wire... I had another mage in all sorts of bother early/mid game but every turn he managed to pull something out to prevent me getting lethal. I was card starved going in to end-game and hoping to top-deck a fireball or other direct-damage to finish him off. He killed me with 1 hit point left. Was furious but it was a good game!

Had a couple of dominating victories by getting good card and momentum on the board early. On the flip-side I got absolutely ROFL-stomped by a Hunter who managed to beat me in something stupid like 5 turns by getting a so much stuff on the board early (and buffed up). A rogue killed me embarrassingly quick in one game too.

Does anyone think going second is too big an advantage? I would always want to go second if I had the choice.

Soldato
Depends on the class but in general having that coin is a huge advantage. Especially for like a Rogue, first turn coin - Defias boom you have a 2-2 and a 2-1 on the board. Thats quite a scary first turn to have to deal with.

I got to say personally I find mages the hardest to play against. You can end up "playing" around cards that they may or may not have. Which can make you quite hesitant with plays. The amount of spells they tend to have and in general at a fairly cheap cost is highly annoying.

Even with the nerfs I still think Warlock is my fav class to play. Although I am starting to enjoy Priest more, they have some really neat tricks that can really turn the tide of a battle.

The scariest move I pull last night was in a constructed game against a mage with my pally deck. Got to turn 8 I pull out a Venture mercenary 7-6 he could not get rid of it that turn but got him down to 1hp. Guess he though can ping that next round he had no taunt as the 7 was not lethal. Turn 9 I kings the merc 11-5, then blessed champion him 22-5 :eek: Boom killed the mage lol. He must have been fuming, you may very well have pyro Mr mage but I have a 22-5 minion ! :D

Associate
having some fun in constructed with my windfury/rockbiter/leeroy with a flame totem combo, not too rare to pull it off and can change the mid/late meta early on!

oh and they have re-enabled the ability to cancel and pick up a new daily quest again this morning \o/

Soldato
oh and they have re-enabled the ability to cancel and pick up a new daily quest again this morning \o/

What's that?

I had another arena run this morning before work, shammy deck where I went pretty heavy on 2 + 3 cost minions, felt I'd drafted a very good deck but then got stomped in 2 games. Was pretty mad but then I managed to win the last 2 games pretty easily, so we'll see later on if I get knocked out straight away or if I manage to at least make it 3-3 :D

Soldato
On the whole going first vs. going second with coin argument based on my own games and those I've watched played by others is that although the coin allows for some interesting plays sometimes the advantage of being 1 mana ahead for the rest of the game is still more valuable overall... You generally need 2 or more 2 cost cards which work well together in your starting hand to make best use of the coin in the first place

Soldato
the coin is quite fun when playing druid as combined with an innervate you can drop some cheeky 5 cost cards on turn 2, but with arena the coin is more for getting out those turn 2 plays, rogue backstab combos etc.

Arena seems to be dominated by the early game so the coin is more for getting the pressure out early. Even cards like harvest golem can hurt at the start with a coin.

Soldato
Statistics say otherwise.

Well of course it will because it is RNG. In my example just because the rogue gets a coin doesn't mean he will have a card like Defias to play on first turn. I should have said "it can be a huge advantage". I don't think it's game breaking though. But you can get some good early momentum going if you have the right cards.

Associate
Is anybody else having trouble installing this?

I have tried everything I can find, but every time I go to install it works flawlessly up until '~500kb left', then just stops. It states that its completing at 20b/sec or so, but in fact the total remaining never changes.

I have tried the 'lan options' fix that sounded sort of related, installing to different drives, reinstalling, different language options for the client, etc.

Nobody? :(

Back
Top Bottom