*** The Official HTC 10 Thread ***

Associate
Another user here.

Bought an HTC 10 in October having upgraded from an M8. Was happy to keep the M8 but a smashed screen and bodged repair effort forced me to change.

Great phone IMO. Fast, nice design, relatively close to stock Android experience and good all-round features.

Considered an S7 but I really can't get on with touchwiz or Samsung software.

Associate
Heard the rollout was stopped because it's buggy, so no ETA as far as I know.

Edit, so Mr Cool's link is a couple of days newer than the articles I saw. Glad it won't be too long if that's true.

Last edited:
Associate
I'm currently using a ozrly tempered glass one that fits to about 0.5-1mm to the edge, only downside is the dots they use to prevent the rainbow effect on 2.5d glass. Should be a couple of reviews about it kicking around.

Associate
Nougat update just hit my unlocked 10 :)

"Software update 2.41.401.3 (1.17Gb) This update contains important improvements including Android 7.01 Nougat update, Latest Android security update"

Soldato
just started downloading. how long did it take to update? I know this will vary on the amount of apps you have

edit: done! so about half an hour

Last edited:
Soldato
typical the day after selling mine 7.0 came out always the case :) can someone see if you can now resize photos before emailing them (without installing any app) as you couldn't do that previously. I may end up getting another if so :)

Associate
If I add a photo as an attachment it gives me the option to resize it by 25/50/75%. But if I insert the image I get no options.

Not a deal breaker for me as I don't use email in my line of work, but I can see why it could be a ballache if you dont want to use a third party app.

All in all I'm happy with the update, split screen is pretty neat (although I haven't had much use for it yet) and they re-enabled quick settings customization! :D Other features I haven't really touched.

Associate
they re-enabled quick settings customization

Yeh, but I'd much rather see a toggle for NFC than invert colours....am I missing something or are half those quick settings for things people aren't likely actually use much or at all, or would need to change quickly?

Was hoping NFC was there so I could get Tasker turning it on when I open Android Pay. Flashlight is a good addition tho.

Soldato
Would someone mind getting me the part number from there charger, mine came from the rain forest too cheap to be true and it came with some iPhone clone charger...... that isn't going to be used, i'll probably send it back unless they agree to refund price of charger which I think is 25-30?

Associate
Would someone mind getting me the part number from there charger, mine came from the rain forest too cheap to be true and it came with some iPhone clone charger...... that isn't going to be used, i'll probably send it back unless they agree to refund price of charger which I think is 25-30?

TC P5000-UK is the model number on my charger, having just received my 10 yesterday. Unless you wanted the serial/product number in which case I blame my idiocy on spending all night on the phone :o

In return, is there an obvious screen protector to get that isn't tempered glass? Or should I just pick up whatever I find first?

Back
Top Bottom