*** The Official HTC 10 Thread ***

Soldato
haha and the m8 and m9 by the sounds of it so yes I'm sure the u ultra or u play would be a decent upgrade, I'm now back on a the htc 10 and its the best allrounder ive had for a while, s7 edge & iPhone 7 plus 256gb to name a few

Soldato
Anyone looked at the HTC U Ultra and HTC U Play?

I'm still on my M7 and decided to pass on the HTC 10.

I remain unconvinced that the U Ultra is going to be their flagship device though.

There's still murmurings out there that some form of M11 will be announced around April time.

Oh and boy did I love my M7.

Associate
Yeah, if My M7 hadn't given up the ghost I'd probably be waiting for the 11 (One One) as well!

Had the 10 for a fortnight now and I don't have any major complaints, great phone all-round. No twin front-facing speakers definitely takes some getting used to, but the DAC is great with my HD598s.

Soldato
The only pre-order prices I have seen the HTC U series is £649 which is way higher then the HTC 10.

My M7 is degrading so I'm eager to move on. The micro USB port is dodgy and doesn't hold the cable enough so it can just fall out and I don't know how long it's been going on for but the last 2 days I've plugged it in to charge it's slow charging because it thinks I'm not using a genuine HTC charger.

Soldato
Anyone here got a 10 on three? if so can they share the mms settings.... I generally don't do mms but for some reason some people have started sending them via mms three were pretty much useless when I phoned them, found some settings on their website which seem to have worked but just want to compare

Soldato
well my battery seems to have gotten worse all of a sudden a couple of weeks ago. Tried the usual wiping the cache. Not tried resetting the phone but might at some point. No app/process seems to be using more power, it just runs down faster. Shame after only a year.

Associate
well my battery seems to have gotten worse all of a sudden a couple of weeks ago. Tried the usual wiping the cache. Not tried resetting the phone but might at some point. No app/process seems to be using more power, it just runs down faster. Shame after only a year.

I've had the same. Until maybe a month ago I could get to the end of the day with easily 50%left. Now it's much less, sometimes I need to give it a quick top up even. Two factory resets, fewer apps installed and Greenify with aggressive doze enabled, made no difference.

Soldato
I've had the same. Until maybe a month ago I could get to the end of the day with easily 50%left. Now it's much less, sometimes I need to give it a quick top up even. Two factory resets, fewer apps installed and Greenify with aggressive doze enabled, made no difference.

yes that's exactly how mine was. It wasn't that long ago at all that I was thinking just how good the battery still was. Even if I used it loads, i would still have 25% left but quite often it would be on about 52% Then it just got much worse all of a sudden :(

Associate
I wonder if the battery life issue is software related. According to GSAM, despite the phone going into doze when the screen is off, the phone is more or less always awake, and the Kernel is top of the list in the apps consumption list. Never used to be like that. Maybe there was something in the recent security patch that has messed something up.

Associate
Seems ok. It’s gone a bit Samsung. Round white bubbles around icons and the pull down is white now too

Can't say I'm a fan of the new icons tbh.

QQ, when you go into settings, do some of the sub menus have a lot of whitespace on the left (display, gestures and buttons for example) - looks like there should be icons displayed but there aren't. Some places have some icons, some have all. Very inconsistent. Is that just mine??

Soldato
Can't say I'm a fan of the new icons tbh.

QQ, when you go into settings, do some of the sub menus have a lot of whitespace on the left (display, gestures and buttons for example) - looks like there should be icons displayed but there aren't. Some places have some icons, some have all. Very inconsistent. Is that just mine??

yes mine is the same.

Associate
How's your battery life, I thought on the first day it was really good but now it's as bad as ever. Possibly worse. Phone seems faster but maybe that could just be the animation speed.

Soldato
How's your battery life, I thought on the first day it was really good but now it's as bad as ever. Possibly worse. Phone seems faster but maybe that could just be the animation speed.
I've had a similar experience. First day was pretty average but the day after it was down to 20% after about 10 hours with no obvious reason. It's always been a trait of the HTC 10 to have random terrible days for the battery with no obvious reason

Back
Top Bottom