*** The Official HTC Desire (Bravo) Thread! ***

Soldato
a2sd is froyo app's to sd, a2sd+ is the old version i'm currently using on an ext3 partition on my sd card. apps with widgets work with the old version.

Oh right that would be the problem I was having with my clock dissapearing then, although I thought it was a2sd+ listed in opendesire 1.2...... do i have to do anything smart with my partitions manually?

Soldato
Im having a bit of a time getting new roms to work!

Tried pays 1.2 and 2.0 bs and both of them keep random rebooting, freezing, FC's... all sorts!

Tried both flashing ways also, using the update.zip recovery to flash whats on the sd card, and also the older adb windows-recovery.bat to flash whats on the sd... no matter what they dont work right!

Im wiping everything inbetween also, cache, davlik (whatever), settings, battery, etc!

:(

Soldato
a2sd is froyo app's to sd, a2sd+ is the old version i'm currently using on an ext3 partition on my sd card. apps with widgets work with the old version.

A2SD and A2SD+ are the same concept, i.e. there's a system link to the Ext3 Partition on your SD Card.

Only the + version moves Dalvik cache to the SD Card as well, freeing up more space.

Froyo applications onto SD is different to them both.

Soldato
Widgets should work with A2SD and A2SD+. I'm using A2SD+ on MCR3.1 and have Widgets installed to the SDCard.

They should work with Froyo A2SD too, if you move the widgets to the internal phone memory.

Apparently, the application "Spare Parts" can set the default install location for applications on FroYo.

I would recommend uninstalling the applications with widgets, setting the install location to phone memory via Spare Parts, installing just the widgets and application with widgets you want. Then setting Spare Parts to SD and install the rest of your applications that don't have widgets, or have widgets you don't use.

The only issue you'll have is if Spare Parts moves all installed applications when you change settings, not just change the location - if you get me.

Soldato
Widgets should work with A2SD and A2SD+. I'm using A2SD+ on MCR3.1 and have Widgets installed to the SDCard.

They should work with Froyo A2SD too, if you move the widgets to the internal phone memory.

Apparently, the application "Spare Parts" can set the default install location for applications on FroYo.

I would recommend uninstalling the applications with widgets, setting the install location to phone memory via Spare Parts, installing just the widgets and application with widgets you want. Then setting Spare Parts to SD and install the rest of your applications that don't have widgets, or have widgets you don't use.

The only issue you'll have is if Spare Parts moves all installed applications when you change settings, not just change the location - if you get me.

wooooooooooosh straight over my head lol

No seriously i get what your saying but i meant any apps with widgets on sd card donet work, they work great on phone memory, ive just been using the default sttings > manage apps utility to swap what i need with widgets from sd to phone

Soldato
Restoring messages still caused an FC on messaging, even after I clear data in Application settings. Any way to get around this without going into recovery mode and clearing data?

Can someone actually go through the steps they take to backup and restore SMS and call logs (they're the things I'm most bothered about) when doing a change between two completely different ROMs? :)

Man of Honour
I use MyBackup Pro for call logs, sms/mms and system settings.

Titanium only for user apps+data.

Battery update, 11:03PM @ 53% and that's with vent usage, some satnav and usage throughout the day too \m/

Soldato
After having my Desire for almost a week (coming from a 3GS):

+ Interface is a lot nicer to use.
+ Level of customisation is crazy.
+ Mobile signal is far far better.

However...

- Wifi seems to be worse - i've tested it against my Macbook and 3GS and in places where the other two load pages fine the Desire just clogs up and stops?
- App Store - really not keen on this. Sure, nothing has to be "run by" a third party but i'm starting to understand why this is a good thing. There's so much utter junk on there that either doesn't work or works with huge and often app-breaking problems that it makes finding the right app a bit of a chore. Also the store itself just stops working sometimes and won't load pages, instead whinging about "no connection" when I have wifi/3G+.

There are some other things that I can't figure out that i'm sure are down to me just learning the phone so i'm not going to put them down as bad things.

In terms of making the right choice - well the jury's still out. I'm not convinced yet, but that doesn't mean I won't be. :)

Any suggestions re: the above issues are welcome, but I have tried various ways around them and none seem to work, so unless i've got a faulty handset...?

Back
Top Bottom