*** The Official HTC Desire (Bravo) Thread! ***

Soldato
I've just noticed that when I take my phone off charge, almost immediately the battery gauge goes down to 95%!
I've heard of this fault before, but cant remember the fix. Anyone remember?
Thanks.

Soldato
After about 12-13 hours, my battery is down to about 30%. That's with mostly just texting during the day. Is this normal?

And can anyone comment on my live wallpaper battery question above? :p

Associate
I've just noticed that when I take my phone off charge, almost immediately the battery gauge goes down to 95%!
I've heard of this fault before, but cant remember the fix. Anyone remember?
Thanks.

im sure thats when you USB charge rather than mains charge....or vice versa....

Soldato
Installed OpenDesire last night, after failing to restore my messages and such as above, I'm going from clean. It's nice and speedy!

Couple of questions - not sure whether they're related to the ROM or not, or are these 2.2 features:
  • Are silent and vibrate modes not distinct anymore?
  • Can't create a shortcut to a specific Gmail folder?
  • On the lock screen, there's a | character after the network?

Soldato
Just found out last night that voice dialling is a no no on the Desire :( was wondering why I couldn't get it to work. Anyone know when 2.2 is officially out, or is it just sometime later this year?

Soldato
Installed OpenDesire last night, after failing to restore my messages and such as above, I'm going from clean. It's nice and speedy!

Couple of questions - not sure whether they're related to the ROM or not, or are these 2.2 features:
  • Are silent and vibrate modes not distinct anymore?
  • Can't create a shortcut to a specific Gmail folder?
  • On the lock screen, there's a | character after the network?

1 and 3 are the same on my 2.2 and I haven't tried to shortcut a gmail folder yet :)

Soldato
Ok, those looking to change their Kernel. You need "setCPU" You can get it from the market for a small fee or from xda forums for free. You then need a "kernel".

Most custom ROMs come with a Kernel on them. However, better ones exist. At present RichardTrips UVOC (undervolt overclock) Kernel is deemed pretty good.

The process generally goes:

Install SetCPU app.
Install the setcpu.txt and one of the kernels from this page:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=682419

to your SD card.

Enter recovery mode on your Desire and flash the Kernel .zip file. SetCPU will then pick up the setcpu.txt file and apply accordingly.

Soldato
Battery update, 11:03PM @ 53% and that's with vent usage, some satnav and usage throughout the day too \m/

I'm struggling to notice any difference in battery at the mo.

My phone never seems to fully charge overnight often sticking at 97% or so. I have mine set to under clock too and a profile set for when the screen goes blank to whip the CPU down to 245mhz.

I unplugged this morning at 6am and its currently at 78% so something is clearly wrong with my phone. And yeah, I've not even used it yet. I permanently have the sync symbol in the top bar even though nothing is syncing.

Last edited:
Associate
Just found out last night that voice dialling is a no no on the Desire :( was wondering why I couldn't get it to work. Anyone know when 2.2 is officially out, or is it just sometime later this year?

Voice dialling does work on the Desire. Have you installed the Google Search by Voice app? I had to do that to enable it on mine.

Soldato
How long are people going to wait before they update to OpenDesire since its fully working now?

What is the best way to change to OpenDesire and not losing everything in the process... can I restore my ext3 apps etc?

spaceman - I am thinking of moving from Sparta too, so let me know how you get on. Do you have your apps on an ext3?

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
ROM Manager > Backup current ROM so if anything goes bork you can restore (EXT3 included).

I suppose if legacy A2SD support is in 1.3 then all should be fine.

I'll test drive it tonight :)

Or I might get brave and do it while at work!

Soldato
Keep trying these new 2.2 roms but its the same thing i end up going back to sparta roms, i find bad battery drain from the screen all the time on the 2.2's.

Associate
Keep trying these new 2.2 roms but its the same thing i end up going back to sparta roms, i find bad battery drain from the screen all the time on the 2.2's.

I'm getting battery drain on 2.2 at the moment... after 4 hours and 1 1/2 use this morning this was my battery use, down to 37% juice left btw:

Display 67%
Cell Standby 6%
mobi.mgeek.TunnyBrowser 6%
Android System 6%
Mediaserver 3%
Android Live Wallpapers 3%
Phone idle 2%
android.process.acore 2%

Soldato
My shadowfrost 1.3 2.2 rom has been unplugged 7h and display has only taken 33% of the battery which still looks to have 60%+ left.

Thats with the uvoc kernel and setcpu :)

Back
Top Bottom