***The Official HTC One Thread***

I really don't see why they had to change the design of the one X/S too much, as they are already pretty much perfect, the only things they needed to do was:

- make the sides a bit more rounded to make the phone feel more comfortable in the hand (wasn't required for the one s due to the size, but would have helped with the one x)
- reduce the ridiculous camel hump camera lens on the X :o :p Have it like the one S or what they have done now
- separate the NLED from the ear piece grill
- raise the front camera up a wee bit and have a glass protector so it is flush with the rest of the front
- have the capacitive keys visible/light up only when the device is turned on (and keep the one X/S damn button arrangement!!! :mad:)

I think the above looks fine, could have been so much better though, an aluminium uni-body will make up for it! :p Just can't beat it :cool:

Last edited:
the shape has some resemblance with iphone 4/5 if its made out of aluminum which it looks like it will be a nice phone to hold :) i dont really mind this but still not a huge fan of that logo.. not a deal breaker tho.

A design similar to the iPhone 5 is a huge plus in my book, if that's the case.

The dual speakers on the front look really, really odd though. Why not put them on the sides/bottom/top?

As a matter of fact the front in general doesn't look quite 'right'.

A design similar to the iPhone 5 is a huge plus in my book, if that's the case.

The dual speakers on the front look really, really odd though. Why not put them on the sides/bottom/top?

As a matter of fact the front in general doesn't look quite 'right'.

sides you will be blocking them with your palm..

bottom you can easily block it with fingers/palm

front is the best place for speakers :) but the design of them is a bit odd..

A lot of people always complain about the speakers being on the back as it cuts the volume in half plus doesn't sound as clear. This is a huge advantage over every phone so far, watching a film, tv episode, playing a game etc. it is going to sound much better than what it would when on the back, side etc.

I imagine due to the design of the phone (if it is anything like the DNA in terms of the curve), they couldn't have put the speakers on the side or bottom/top anyway)

Plus the reasons that grudas listed.

Also since you won't have to turn the volume up as high in order to be able to make it out clearly, it will save some power :p

But yes, it doesn't look quite right, however, the advantage of them being placed there is far greater than the disadvantage of the design imo.

EDIT:

I just hope that they are actually speakers and not there just for the sake of it though :o i.e. DNA, the red grill on the sides, you would think are speakers (every review etc. thought they were), but they're not, just there for the aesthetics :o

Last edited:
You wouldn't block them at the side if they were near the top. Same applies to the back, the Galaxy S 3 speaker position is pretty good, despite looking a bit naff.

Looking at the large render, there isn't a visible speaker on the back although you can't see all of it.

The camera on the back looks flush - this is great. But look at the top and bottom of the back though, a bit iPhone 5 inspired to say the least... Apple will be having a word. :p

Same with the bevelled edges, very iPhone 5 esque. The front speakers only really look bad on the silver/white one, you probably wont notice them on the grey/black one (which is what I imagine most people would go for anyway).

However, it doesn't look as if the back will come off, it looks like a unibody design - I'm not sure exactly why, but I get this impression.

Still i believe the HOX is the best HTC ever produced
It does look very good.

Shame about the Tegra 3 and the wifi fails though.

However, it doesn't look as if the back will come off, it looks like a unibody design - I'm not sure exactly why, but I get this impression.
Yeah, you can tell it will be from the micro SIM slot on the side, would be no need for that if the back came off.

Last edited:
If apple do decide to sue htc, well lets just say that is the end of htc as we know! They couldn't afford to fight apple in the court room :o :p

If apple do decide to sue htc, well lets just say that is the end of htc as we know! They couldn't afford to fight apple in the court room :o :p

they have covered their arses with the design of the front + back.. the shape with beveled edges and corners wont win poop..

i dont think they would risk it tbh

I am not sure why people care so much about speakers anyway, I'd far rather a basic, discreet mono speaker for voice calls and thats it. If I am listening to media or watching something I'll use headphones like 90% of the rest of the world. If I am somewhere that I don't need headphones I'll likely have a better device to use anyway.

The world would be a nicer place without people blasting music out of phone speakers on trains etc anyway :p

idk, stereo speakers on the front is a MASSIVE advantage on the tablets I have used and I use the speakers on them a lot. I has always been a niggle for me that if I decide to watch a quick video on my phone, say on the sofa at home the sound is blasting out at everyone else but me.

It is definitely a plus in my book, not essential but something that a lot of people, much more than the 10% you think will use and enjoy.

It's very rare that I'll properly watch or listen to something without using headphones as well.

I can't imagine loudspeakers being widely used at all to be honest (except for calls).

but when they are it is better to have them at the front :) i keep my phone on its face just so i can hear the music properly.. this is a very welcome addition in my eyes :)

I use the loud speaker on my phone a lot (mostly at home)! Never use headphones, but I never listen to music or watch anything when out and about on my phone (not anything long like a tv show or movie anyway)

When I would use the loudspeaker:

- at home when in bed at night, I might watch a TV episode, play a game etc. (no TV in my room)
- at home when on the couch, same thing again, will play a game
- when showing friends a video

etc.

Stunning!! Absolutely stunning!

Might I suggest that this is the first ever 'proper looking' multimedia phone? Like a mini TV or PMP over a big phone.
It's almost like watching content on this would be more pleasurable than current devices (inc a 'large phones' like the Nexus 7/iPad mini/Note)

Then I think about Sense 4+ and the ongoing beats audio notification that tells me I've turned beats audio off every ****** time a ****** sound comes out of the device.

Back
Top Bottom