***The Official HTC One Thread***

Is there a sweepstake going for which mind numbingly annoying way they plan to bungle this up?

I am going for non removable battery.

[TW]Fox;23785312 said:
Is there a sweepstake going for which mind numbingly annoying way they plan to bungle this up?

I am going for non removable battery.

Oh most definitely there will be a non removable battery looking at the design and the HTC Butterfly, Droid DNA etc.

I'm going for a lack of SD slot...playing it safe!

Yup, non removable battery! However, I really don't see why it is a problem these days? (if you need more battery life then just have a charger in the car, work office, home etc. and you always have the choice to use a power jacket, which can double battery life but not add too much thickness) Especially when the HTC DNA is getting awesome battery life already and the M7/one will have a smaller screen plus bigger battery too! 2300 VS 2020mAh. Having a non-removable battery is generally better anyway as it allows them to design a nicer phone and the battery is less likely to break since dust etc. can't get through.

Has a SD slot not been confirmed? I thought it was shown in that leak?

So far it looks like they are on to a winner, front speaker, possibly aluminium uni-body, S4 pro +2GB RAM, 4.7" 1080P SLCD 3 screen etc. only stupid thing so far is the logo on the bottom in between the 2 buttons....

Last edited:
Yup, non removable battery! However, I really don't see why it is a problem these days? Especially when the HTC DNA is getting awesome battery life already and the M7/one will have a smaller screen plus bigger battery too! 2300 VS 2020mAh. Having a non-removable battery is generally better anyway as it allows them to design a nicer phone and the battery is less likely to break since dust etc. can't get through.

Has a SD slot not been confirmed? I thought it was shown in that leak?

So far it looks like they are on to a winner, front speaker, possibly aluminium uni-body etc. only stupid thing so far is the logo on the bottom in between the 2 buttons....

Oh yes I forgot about the 2 button thing at the bottom, well brought up Nexus. I think that may well be a mess up on HTC's behalf.

Well tomorrow is the day that I will finally make up my mind in regards to the Xperia Z pre order. If the HTC device is better then I will defo cancel. The Sony speaker is going back already so you can guess where I'm going with this.

Being able to swap batteries for higher capacity ones and carry a spare turned my HTC Sensation from travel paperweight with which I actually had to carry my charger in my pocket when travelling to genuinely useful device.

While not everyone needs a removable battery, HTC can't really afford to leave it out as they have to directly compete with Samsung.

It wouldn't bother me personally though.

[TW]Fox;23785535 said:
Being able to swap batteries for higher capacity ones and carry a spare turned my HTC Sensation from travel paperweight with which I actually had to carry my charger in my pocket when travelling to genuinely useful device.

Can already do that if htc release another device in a few months time (you can count on that :p), which has a bigger battery.

Can place the X (1800mAh) and X+ (2100mAh) in the one S very easily, likewise for the one X.

You just can't do it as easily as you could with a removable back cover :p

As said, when on the move, you can get power jackets that attach onto the phone and don't add a huge amount of bulk and can double battery life or just buy a portable charger?

EDIT:

It doesn't stop the millions of people from buying iphones now, does it robbo? :p :o

HTC just need to ramp up their marketing and advertising as well as stop with the ridiculous releases every month and stupid names in order to compete. The "average joes" couldn't care less about a removable battery or SD slot.

Last edited:
It doesn't stop the millions of people from buying iphones now, does it robbo? :p :o

That's why I said 'compete directly', the iPhone is a totally different platform so it's not quite the same. It also has a far superior range of accessories than any single Android phone; like the power pack cases and so on.

HTC just need to ramp up their marketing and advertising as well as stop with the ridiculous releases every month and stupid names in order to compete. The "average joes" couldn't care less about a removable battery or SD slot.

Yes, this is the bigger issue for them. The better the phone is, the less they'll advertise it. :D :o

Back
Top Bottom