**** The Official Huawei P20 Thread ****

Soldato
Loads of people with similar dates complaining elsewhere too. Seems early claims were fulfilled. Late claims were fulfilled. Those in the middle are delayed. Seems like someone screwed up.

Associate
Moving to Lyme Regis on Friday - Still no headphones here.

Not really sure what to do.

Called them and explained my situation, gave me nothing apart from waiting 30 days from the date of fulfilment, constantly reminding me this was the 26th. TBF it didn't sound like she knew what to say... blabbering mess really.

Associate
Hi
Got an upgrade in the UK on EE to a P20 yesterday.
Love the phone but there are 2 major issues that mean I will be sending it back if there is no solution.
Google chrome wont let me sign in so I cannot retrieve my bookmarks etc. I'm signed into Google for all the other services but when I try to sign into chrome it tells me I am already signed in.
I subscribe to BT Sport to view live sport on my phone via their app. The app shows an error message saying I need to upgrade google play services but there is no upgrade, only the option to deactivate. I've found a lot of others on forums who have the same issue.
Either of these problems is annoying, together they are a deal breaker.

Soldato
Hi
Love the phone but there are 2 major issues that mean I will be sending it back if there is no solution.
Google chrome wont let me sign in so I cannot retrieve my bookmarks etc. I'm signed into Google for all the other services but when I try to sign into chrome it tells me I am already signed in.
I subscribe to BT Sport to view live sport on my phone via their app. The app shows an error message saying I need to upgrade google play services but there is no upgrade, only the option to deactivate. I've found a lot of others on forums who have the same issue.

I've not tried the BT Sport app (though I should do as I have BT Sport on my broadband and TV package), but the Chrome problem is puzzling. I don't think I even needed to sign in IIRC, just setting up my Google account on the phone and it all worked fine. What do you see if you go into settings where you account ID should be?

Associate
Hi

I fixed the google chrome sign in by deleting google play services. Apparently there is a problem with the latest update that google is aware of. After deleting the latest play services, i have been able to sign normally ever since.

Soldato
Sorry if this has been previously answered but there are quite a few pages to trawl through, but can anyone recommend any 3rd party chargers that'll fast charge a P20 lite so I can buy a backup?

Thanks!!!

Soldato
I fixed the google chrome sign in by deleting google play services. Apparently there is a problem with the latest update that google is aware of. After deleting the latest play services, i have been able to sign normally ever since.

I just uninstalled chrome updates and gave chrome permissions to contacts.

Associate
That didn't work for me, cleared cache, uninstalled, tried before and after updates. At first it would say "this account is already signed in" but it wasn't. Tried all kinds to fix it. Then the .120 update came out and I factory reset, this time after I installed and updated everything, I would keep looping to the google log in screen.

Associate
On another note. After the update, my netflix app now lists hdr next to the program name. However, i dont think it is playing hdr. Looks the same as sdr. Can someone else test theirs for me? And how about youtube?

Soldato
Lot of headphone talk and not a lot about the phone :p

How is the EMUI software for those who moved from Samsung? I remember having a Huawei for a week or so a few years back (P8 I think?) and couldn't for the life of me get along with it.

Otherwise phone is ticking all the boxes for me and a cracking deal at the moment on EE, lack of headphone jack is a little annoying but then again that's the way of many flagships now.

Back
Top Bottom