• iPhone 11 Pro - 512Gb

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • iPhone 11 Pro Max - 64Gb

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • iPhone 11 Pro Max - 256Gb

Votes: 41 13.7%
  • iPhone 11 Pro Max - 512Gb

Votes: 8 2.7%
  • Too expensive,, I won't be getting one.

Votes: 51 17.0%
  • Not interested, I won't be getting one.

Votes: 109 36.3%

• Total voters
Soldato
I’ll be getting the 11 Pro 256.

Though have to admit the past couple of days people have been saying they will switch to Android, unless I’ve been living under a rock, I don’t see where Android phones have been massively innovating either.

They also go on about USB C like it’s some massive deal breaker, other than one less cable to have, what do I gain over lightning?

I have an iPad Pro with USB C, I don’t see the fuss.

Massive difference. I can charge my iPhone and other devices from my iPad Pro over USB C - I can't use my iPhone to do the same. I can't connect an external device like a portable hdd but I can with iPad Pro (with iPad OS). Plus it is yet another cable!

Let's put it the other way - why stay with lightning, other than it suits Apple?

Soldato
I see this as no different to other years.

Honestly I’m surprised people expect anything else. We’ll get borderless when they can install them behind the screens properly, without pin holes. Then where do we go? We’ll have a slab with no boarders.

Soldato
Fair enough! I assumed as it has USB-C charging it would have data too, guess not. Having said that I don't think I've once plugged my phone in to transfer anything over USB, what would you use it for?

Technically, if you live in a region with awful carriers, overpriced data and data caps etc. with say a 256gb or larger capacity device, you might want to transfer several if not hundreds of gbs of photos/videos off of your device by USB. For example I have a 128Gb iPhone 7 with a data cap, when I used it on holiday I simply plugged into my machine and imported the photos, having a massively quicker interface would be so much better.

Man of Honour
The 11 Pro looks exceptional, definitely time for an upgrade I think, probably the Max.

I thought it would cost more, too.

Soldato
How do you expect them to fit all the components for Face ID under the screen?

The alternative is to block out the entire space at the top which gives a lower screen area, I’ll keep the notch thanks.

How do you think Samsung manage to squeeze the earpiece right at the top of the phone, thus not taking up valuable screen area?

How do you think LG use an OLED acoustic panel to remove the speaker openings from the design, thus saving more space?

Apple could easily move the earpiece up / shrink the Face ID components and switch to an acoustic panel design to produce a vastly more impressive design of iPhone. Shame their design team are such hacks.

Also, what's with the 11 getting EVEN thicker?! Apple used to boast about 12% thinner etc and now it's bloating more and more compared to the competition, still with an unsightly camera bump!

Last edited:
Soldato
Please explain how they can easily shrink the Face ID components? I’m not an electronic engineer but if you are do explain.

Those sorts of comments really grind my gears :rolleyes:

People have been moaning for years that it’s too thin and would like more battery. They make the phone bigger and put a bigger battery in and you complain. The camera bump is also way smaller than previous years due to the thicker design.

V F

V F

Soldato
Neither its most definitely overpriced.
If I get one I've either found a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow or found a crazy deal.

I do like the Space Grey iPhone 11 Pro, reminds me of my iPhone 7 in matte black.
But 64GB for £1049? Nope.

I do want to get rid of my iPhone 7 though, its run its course and is showing its age in all areas.

Battery life sounds great on the Pro.

iPhone 7 has run its course and showing its age? How?

Back
Top Bottom