• iPhone 12

Votes: 39 13.4%
  • iPhone 12 Pro

Votes: 93 31.8%
  • iPhone 12 Pro Max

Votes: 109 37.3%

• Total voters
Soldato
Quick question.. does 4G use more battery than 3G or are they roughly the same now ? I find 3G fast enough for what I need, but I can also get full signal 4G now. Just wondering which setting to keep the phone on

I didn’t think you could pin it on 3G on the
new phones anymore. The option was 4G or 5G.

Do you have battery life issues? If not just leave the phone to handle it on its own. I wouldn’t want to be dropping back to 3G these days, it’s very slow by today’s standards.

Screen on time has a far bigger impact on battery life than worrying about 3 or 4 G.

Soldato
I didn’t think you could pin it on 3G on the
new phones anymore. The option was 4G or 5G.

Do you have battery life issues? If not just leave the phone to handle it on its own. I wouldn’t want to be dropping back to 3G these days, it’s very slow by today’s standards.

Screen on time has a far bigger impact on battery life than worrying about 3 or 4 G.
The phone is allowing me to select 3G/4G but no 5G as my network doesn’t support it yet.

think I’ll just leave it on 4G for now then

Soldato
Have a look on Amazon as they are doing the official leather ones for £10 less than Apple. Unless you are after a different brand leather case.
I picked up one for my 12pro a few days ago.

Is the leather one grippy? I'm sending the Apple silicone case back because of how slippery it is.

Soldato
Is the leather one grippy? I'm sending the Apple silicone case back because of how slippery it is.

i sent the Saddle Brown and Baltic Blue back, just doesn't seem premium enough or me, the sides feel like cardboard, even at £49, id rather have something else

ive been trialling a few other cases but not found the right one for me, ive ordered a Caudabe Sheath, im hoping that will be the one

id of had a Mous Contour (leather back) but they don't make it for the 12, only the Limitless which is too bulky in my eyes

Soldato
Yes I find it quite grippy. It’s not very premium given the price tag but then I saved myself £10 on Amazon when buying it.
But I find myself having a better grip on it without the case.

Thanks :) My Limitless 3.0 case from Mous never arrived and I’m having a tough time deciding what I want to replace the Apple silicone case with.

Soldato
So I got my 12 Pro Max today and I’m pretty underwhelmed. It’s not very nice to hold in the hand and it doesn’t feel any quicker than my XS Max. Camera seems good on first impressions but as I have a Pixel 5 it hasn’t wowed me that much.

I’m not sure I’m going to keep it at the moment - lots of money for something I don’t like as much :(

Associate
Unless you really need the incremental updates there is little point from an XS. Each to there own. Once the case is on IOS looks the same on them all

Soldato
I love the new design as I loved the iPhone 4. Was never a massive fan of the curved designs so even though there isn’t a huge difference from my XS Max from a day to day perspective, I just like the look and feel of it. I don’t use a case personally as I don’t get why you’d put a cheap case on something so expensive. The design/look is half the point of it in my opinion.

Soldato
For some reason, I'm not getting message notifications. iMessage are working fine (with handoff too), as well as messages elsewhere like Messenger/WhatsApp, but not texts off android devices. Was setup directly off my old phones backup too..

fez

fez

Caporegime
So I got my 12 Pro Max today and I’m pretty underwhelmed. It’s not very nice to hold in the hand and it doesn’t feel any quicker than my XS Max. Camera seems good on first impressions but as I have a Pixel 5 it hasn’t wowed me that much.

I’m not sure I’m going to keep it at the moment - lots of money for something I don’t like as much :(

You will find that for the foreseeable future. Apple have done a very good job of convincing people that they want the new iPhone even though the performance of their phones in the real world hasn't improved much in years.

I have the X and its still really fast and I never notice that I am waiting for anything to happen on the phone. I would love one of the new models but I would be in the same boat as you. Underwhelmed. Lets be honest, there is a reason apple pushed 5G so heavily on the 12. It simply doesn't have much else to push over last years model. Even the case redesign is quite subtle and retains the notch.

If 5G is useful to me even in 2-3 years time I will be stunned.

Back
Top Bottom