Poll: *** The official iPhone 13 (mini/pro/max) thread (The Pro Max has 120 Hz and everything!) ***

• Thread starter Deleted member 209350
  • Start date

Which iPhone 13 will you get?

• iPhone 13 mini

Votes: 20 10.6%
  • iPhone 13

Votes: 19 10.1%
  • iPhone 13 Pro

Votes: 73 38.8%
  • iPhone 13 Pro Max

Votes: 77 41.0%

• Total voters
Soldato
It is heavy, and large, but then I'm coming from a 7 which emphasises things. I played around with the 12 models in a store a few weeks ago before ordering the 13 so I knew what to expect but I'd advise against buying blind unless you're happy with the faff of potentially returning (then again, Apple returns are amazing).
I'm coming from an XS and it feels like double the weight in comparison.

Soldato
I get that they've made them thicker and enlarged the batteries as that's what everyone was demanding but I do wonder how much the glass back adds to the weight versus just having a metal back, especially as most people stick them in a case anyway.

Associate
Pixel 5 to iPhone 13 Pro in terms of weight for me is noticeable but fine. Both used in a case. The iPhone feels more solid for sure. I bet the 13 Pro Max is hefty for some and I’m glad I didn’t go for the Max as the 12 Pro Max I had was a bit chungus.

Associate
So got my 13 Pro and happy with it!

Using my Note 10+ and the iPhone side by side in the sun, the Note 10+ is noticeably brighter and struggling to use the iPhone in the sun. Didn't think this would be the case as the iPhone is brighter on paper.

Take it there's no secret option to unlock the true brightness? It's obviously on full right now.

Soldato
Returning the 13 pro tomorrow and replacing with the 13 mini. 12 mini was really good except for the battery which is addressed in the 13 mini. The pro is just too big and heavy as a phone.

Sorely tempted to do the same. The Pro is far too heavy.

Soldato
I really really like the size of my 13 Mini. I wouldn’t want any larger that’s for sure and I use my iPad around the house. The camera is also incredible being the top sensor from last year.

BUT… The battery life is improved but don’t expect it to be great. It’s still average at best. I’ve killed it in a day both days this weekend taking lots of photos etc with the screen on bright out and about. I imagine it’ll be a huge shock moving down to this if you’re even slightly used to the battery on the larger phones.

If you can live with that it’s a fantastic option and it doesn’t bother me at all as my previous phone was the SE, so I have chargers everywhere. I hope it’s a more popular model this year to encourage Apple to keep making it.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
In battery tests it performs on par with last years regular 12 so for most it should be fine. The camera this year does seem to get the phone hot, which no doubt means big power draw.

Back
Top Bottom