Poll: *** The official iPhone 13 (mini/pro/max) thread (The Pro Max has 120 Hz and everything!) ***

• Thread starter Deleted member 209350
  • Start date

Which iPhone 13 will you get?

• iPhone 13 mini

Votes: 20 10.6%
  • iPhone 13

Votes: 19 10.1%
  • iPhone 13 Pro

Votes: 73 38.8%
  • iPhone 13 Pro Max

Votes: 77 41.0%

• Total voters
Soldato
I can definitely notice the smoother scrolling on my 13 Pro Max as I have a work iPhone XR that I use a lot too, so with using the two devices on a regular basis, the difference is certainly there and certainly noticeable. But if I'm honest, I don't really care all that much about it. It's not a game changer, it doesn't change how I use my device or give it any more capabilities. For me it's just a small but nice touch I suppose.
This was my finding when using the iPads Air and Pro (as well as previous 120hz Android phones).
The difference is noticeable when using two different devices simultaneously or side by side, however in isolation the difference is not that noticeable and you quickly get used to whichever refresh you are using.

Man of Honour
13 Mini arrived yesterday so got it setup and transferred over from my 8 this morning. Glad I kept to this size, it feels bigger now its full screen without physically being bigger which is great. Its going to take some time getting used to not having a physical button for Touch ID and changing/closing apps but expect will get used to that. Face ID is certainly a bit keen to unlock all the time. Would be nice to have the option of Touch ID on the power button in the future. Not had a chance to try the camera out yet which is one of the main reasons I upgraded.

Soldato
I agree I don’t see much difference in the scrolling either i though the 120 screen will show a difference but I don’t see any. I normally good at seeing these things.

Nah you wouldn't - refresh rate is only something you notice when you're switching back and forth constantly. I switch between 144hz and 60hz monitors almost daily and every time I get back to the 60hz one it's jarring and laggy in comparison - but once I've been on the 60hz display for a few hours I don't even notice it anymore

Soldato
The 13 Pro takes awesome astrophotography - just head to the middle of nowhere, set night mode timer for 30 seconds, focus on the constellation you want and 30 seconds later you have a masterpiece

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Nah you wouldn't - refresh rate is only something you notice when you're switching back and forth constantly. I switch between 144hz and 60hz monitors almost daily and every time I get back to the 60hz one it's jarring and laggy in comparison - but once I've been on the 60hz display for a few hours I don't even notice it anymore

Yep, your brain calibrates quickly. When I had the 13 pro, my iPad Air felt so choppy to use.

Soldato
13 Mini arrived yesterday so got it setup and transferred over from my 8 this morning. Glad I kept to this size, it feels bigger now its full screen without physically being bigger which is great. Its going to take some time getting used to not having a physical button for Touch ID and changing/closing apps but expect will get used to that. Face ID is certainly a bit keen to unlock all the time. Would be nice to have the option of Touch ID on the power button in the future. Not had a chance to try the camera out yet which is one of the main reasons I upgraded.
You can change it to only unlock when you are looking directly at it if that helps

Soldato
Got a 13 pro coming tomorrow, been an android user the last 8 years. Hope I enjoy it, any recommendations on accessories and case?

Don’t need a case, phone is rock solid. Don’t use a screen protector either. Just place the phone down on tables screen down.

As for accessories, I only really use my HomePod + AirPods and just an logitech wireless charging stand.

Soldato
Don’t need a case, phone is rock solid. Don’t use a screen protector either. Just place the phone down on tables screen down.

As for accessories, I only really use my HomePod + AirPods and just an logitech wireless charging stand.

back glass can shatter if dropped. But yes I don’t like cases either.

Soldato

I work in a steelworks which is full of metal alloy dust and grit. I'm yet to see a phone withstand scratches in my workplace so feel uneasy without a case

Soldato
I work in a steelworks which is full of metal alloy dust and grit. I'm yet to see a phone withstand scratches in my workplace so feel uneasy without a case

Ah different situation then, I’d go for something more robust then. I use to use lifeproof cases they where brilliant - this was years ago so I’m not sure if they’re any good these days.

Associate
My 13 Pro arrived yesterday. Having being a Sammy user since the iPhone 4 I have to say the 13 is much better than the S20+ it replaced. the 13 pro is a hefty phone though.

I still have the S20+ for the remainder of the ‘upgrade’ term, which is April next year at which time it will be going back. It does make an okay work phone though, much better than the rubbish (cheap Sammy) work gives us.

I’m using the Mous Case and it seems ok. Not sure I’d want to go naked.

Associate
I think Apple are being sneaky and not yet running 120 hz on most apps. Seems the Home Screen has be shown to be around 80/90.
You can certainly notice this. No doubt that you can notice ProMotion, absolutely. However, it’s not as consistently smooth as say the OnePlus or even S21 range.

Soldato
You can certainly notice this. No doubt that you can notice ProMotion, absolutely. However, it’s not as consistently smooth as say the OnePlus or even S21 range.

yeah I have compared my 13 max Home Screen to a friends S21 and it definitely feels to be running somewhere between 60 and 120.

Back
Top Bottom