Poll: *** The official iPhone 13 (mini/pro/max) thread (The Pro Max has 120 Hz and everything!) ***

Which iPhone 13 will you get?

• iPhone 13 mini

Votes: 20 11.2%
  • iPhone 13

Votes: 16 8.9%
  • iPhone 13 Pro

Votes: 70 39.1%
  • iPhone 13 Pro Max

Votes: 74 41.3%

• Total voters
Commissario
Came with 100% battery and Applecare until next year.
When's the Applecare expiry? That's how old the battery will be. Posts on the Gifgaff site suggest that they don't fit a new battery to refurbs so there's no guarantee on what you're getting so it's luck of the draw.

You could get one that's described as "Like New", which is the condition of my iPhone 13 Pro Max, there's not a mark on it and I'm sure they'd sell it as "Like New" but it's 257 days old with 86 charge cycles.

Associate
When's the Applecare expiry? That's how old the battery will be. Posts on the Gifgaff site suggest that they don't fit a new battery to refurbs so there's no guarantee on what you're getting so it's luck of the draw.

You could get one that's described as "Like New", which is the condition of my iPhone 13 Pro Max, there's not a mark on it and I'm sure they'd sell it as "Like New" but it's 257 days old with 86 charge cycles.
March 23.

Selling my 11 Pro offset £300 off of it so more than happy with that.

Caporegime
My 11 Pro has some minor screen damage and it's been doing my head in for a while. The battery isn't that great next to my work 13 I find the screen quite poor now. Insurance claim approved on the 11 and I have to send it in. So I’ve restored onto my work iPhone 13 and I might just keep using it and sell whatever I get sent back.

Soldato
Has anyone got the Magsafe battery pack? £100 seems a bit pricey, but sometimes I need the absolute most battery life on my phone. Or are there other battery packs that last longer and fast-charge an iPhone 13 Pro Max?

Commissario
fast-charge
For best efficiency, you don't want to fast charge as fast charging generates heat and that's wasted power. If you're looking to preserve life of a battery pack as well as charge the battery then it's probably better to top the charge off slowly through the lightning port so no energy is wasted as heat.

Even under heavy use, I get nearly two days battery life out of a 13 Pro Max though.

LiE

LiE

Soldato
Has anyone got the Magsafe battery pack? £100 seems a bit pricey, but sometimes I need the absolute most battery life on my phone. Or are there other battery packs that last longer and fast-charge an iPhone 13 Pro Max?

It's £83 on Amazon right now, so could be worth grabbing it and seeing how it goes. Their returns policy is quite generous too if it doesn't work out.

Alternatively Anker do one that is half the price (also has a 15% voucher you can currently apply)

Soldato
Ordered my son a 13 mini as his older iphone is just flat all the time.

Whats the benefit of the magsafe thing? Just that it sticks to the phone? £80 for a tiny battery, because Apple...... :confused:......... Is it not better to get a £20 10000mAH Anker slim he can put in his backpack, I dont get it. :cry:

Soldato
It's £83 on Amazon right now, so could be worth grabbing it and seeing how it goes. Their returns policy is quite generous too if it doesn't work out.

Alternatively Anker do one that is half the price (also has a 15% voucher you can currently apply)

I was looking at this:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Anker-PowerCore-Charging-Samsung-AirPods-Black/dp/B09SFS9J2K/ref=sr_1_4

LiE

LiE

Soldato
Ordered my son a 13 mini as his older iphone is just flat all the time.

Whats the benefit of the magsafe thing? Just that it sticks to the phone? £80 for a tiny battery, because Apple...... :confused:......... Is it not better to get a £20 10000mAH Anker slim he can put in his backpack, I dont get it. :cry:

'cos Apple.

Yea of course if you're not set on some kinda of magnetic pack that can attach via MagSafe, the choices open up vastly to all the various battery packs. Anker are a good brand.

Top Bottom