Poll: *** The official iPhone 13 (mini/pro/max) thread (The Pro Max has 120 Hz and everything!) ***

• Thread starter Deleted member 209350
  • Start date

Which iPhone 13 will you get?

• iPhone 13 mini

Votes: 20 10.6%
  • iPhone 13

Votes: 19 10.1%
  • iPhone 13 Pro

Votes: 73 38.8%
  • iPhone 13 Pro Max

Votes: 77 41.0%

• Total voters

Sui

Sui

Soldato
Telcos will be absolutely rubbing their hands together, ready to sell you an £80/month contract for a 128gb 13 Pro Max. Why not buy 0% from Apple direct and then go SIM only?

I probably will, I just wanted to see what their offerings were really to see if they're comparable.

I prefer the Starlight colour of the normal 13, but I'd rather have a Pro, damnit Apple.

Associate
Wait another year - there’s essentially no difference other than the 120 Hz screen and 5G.

The 11 Pro Max was a big step up from the XS.

Plus, you’ve got the last iPhone with the nice curved body. Much more user friendly :)

Shhhh, you're talking too much sense :D. The only things I'd notice are the 120Hz screen refresh, the cinematic mode and macro - I use the camera a lot.

Soldato
Shhhh, you're talking too much sense :D. The only things I'd notice are the 120Hz screen refresh, the cinematic mode and macro - I use the camera a lot.

120 Hz is meh - I can take it or leave it. I use a 120 Hz OLED regularly on an 8T and I don’t ever miss it.

Good colour/pixel response time is more important - on the 8T it still suffers with slow dark response times, so you get a jelly effect in dark mode.

Man of Honour
Got my case today, went with a Spigen Mag Armor Case. £22 for the Pro Max version with a code. It's thin but offers enough protection for what I need.

I always say I will run without a case, but I'd had a couple of small drops this year, and one big one while in Germany, so it's just not worth the risk. Plus my 2 year old is a nightmare when she's having a tantrum :D

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

OP
I looked for reviews comparing the 4 vs 6gb iphones back when the 12 series was released, but couldn't find anything. Then I stopped looking, but it's good to hear your personal experience is a positive one with the extra RAM. On my 4gb iPhone 12, it shut down apps far more than I wanted - particularly games, which are closed out of memory almost immediately.

No problem! You're exactly right though, 4gb (or less) previously wasn't doing it despite the great optimisation on iOS. I was clamouring for more ram since the 10s came out and people were calling me a madman and saying it wasn't needed... But with 6gb of ram the 12 pro just seems so much better to me for background apps and smoothness. The phone has never once chugged! Not to mention the longevity factor is better as well

Soldato
Sitting here typing this on my Pixel 3 XL which everybody ridiculed for having a smaller but much deeper notch than other phones at the time.

Looks like that's what the iPhone 13 will be like from photos!

TS7

TS7

Soldato
Yep, and avoid two lots of CPI+3.99% in-contract price increases at the same time - rises which will add a tenner a month by year 2 of a contract.

I had not thought of this at all! I bought my X outright and have been on various SIM only for the last 4 years. I was set on an EE contract as I receive 20% discount through work perks. However that would quickly be eroded by the RPI increases.

I'm going for the outright option and will continue with my o2 sim only.

Thanks!

Soldato
My case arrived, not too much bigger than the XS Max, was worried it would feel huge.
Only thing I didn't realise was the camera bump really does stick out a lot where's the XS Max bump is concealed within the case so is flush.
Guess I'll get used to it, was on the fence about Max size but think it will be ok and will go ahead with order tomorrow.

CZpNxNO.jpg

KHsZJbl.jpg
YR6GzSk.jpg

TS7

TS7

Soldato
I've ordered an ESR screen protector from Amazon.

The case I will be getting directly from Apple, just need to decide on leather or silicone.

Back
Top Bottom