Poll: *** The official iPhone 13 (mini/pro/max) thread (The Pro Max has 120 Hz and everything!) ***

• Thread starter Deleted member 209350
  • Start date

Which iPhone 13 will you get?

• iPhone 13 mini

Votes: 20 10.6%
  • iPhone 13

Votes: 19 10.1%
  • iPhone 13 Pro

Votes: 73 38.8%
  • iPhone 13 Pro Max

Votes: 77 41.0%

• Total voters
Soldato
The 13 Pro Max continues to win awards

This time its achieved the DisplayMate award for best phone screen on the market.

During testing, the 13 Pro Max achieved new world records for Peak HDR brightness, among 11 other records broken in HDR color accuracy, DCI-P3 color accuracy and SDR color accuracy.

It's also achieved excellent numbers for efficiency by using 20% to 50% less power than the 12 Pro Max screen.

Overall the iPhone 13 Pro Max Display Grade is Excellent A+

It is awarded the DisplayMate Best Smartphone Display Award and broke 12 Smartphone Display Performance Records in our testing, including 6 results that were rated as "Indistinguishable From absolute perfection" (including HDR and SDR color accuracy)

It is An Excellent Top Tier World Class Smartphone Display

https://www.displaymate.com/iPhone_13Pro_ShootOut_1M.htm

Last edited:
Soldato
Apple making replacing parts on the 13 even harder than it was on the 12. Even using Genuine Apple parts the phone loses functionality.
Changing the display and using the original FaceID sensors causes FaceID and the selfie camera to stop working, along with auto brightness and TrueTone.

Only Apple can update the internal software, to pair replaced hardware, to get it working. 3rd party repairs aren't currently possible without having locked functionality.

Last edited:
Soldato
Apple making replacing parts on the 13 even harder than it was on the 12. Even using Genuine Apple parts the phone loses functionality.
Changing the display and using the original FaceID sensors causes FaceID and the selfie camera to stop working, along with auto brightness and TrueTone.

Only Apple can update the internal software, to pair replaced hardware, to get it working. 3rd party repairs aren't currently possible without having locked functionality.

This type of practice needs to be made illegal. It’s difficult though because they’ll use the safe working parts as an excuse.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Lucky you.
Apple want £650 for a replacement iPad Pro 12.9 screen :cry: A 3rd party replacement costs £200

Is that a genuine screen though?

I think apple are definitely doing some scummy things with repair but I think some people go too far and want their mate down the pub to be able to repair their iPhone with a hammer and for everything to be as good as new.

I replaced an iPhone screen with a cheapo one years ago and the quality and fit were crap. Part of the issue is apple being ***** and part of it is trying to protect themselves from QC and reputation damage.

If apple have a good reason for these things however they should come out and explain it.

Soldato
If apple were forced to make genuine parts available then dodgy 3rd party screens wouldn’t be a problem. That’s all most right to repair legislation is asking for.

Don’t get me wrong I own a lot of Apple devices but their parts and repair practices are not defendable.

Soldato

Further validates the decision to go with AC+ over third-party insurance.

Soldato
Anyone for their iPhone 13 or 13 mini yet? How are the improved battery life claims holding up?
I don’t honestly notice much difference to my 12 mini (13 mini owner) but it might be because the phone has been doing some indexing in the background, or something.

Associate
Anyone noticed any touch sensitivity issues? My wife's 13 Pro Max seems to require additional pressure before registering anything, particularly in the corners/edges. Seen some tweets on twitter hypothesizing it could be an iOS 15 issue.

Soldato
Had my 13 for a week now, don’t notice a difference at all in every day use from my 12 aside from the battery. It’s amazing. Well worth the upgrade for me.

I’ve only take half a dozen or so photos so not really had the chance to try these macro photos - opportunity hasn’t come up yet.

I haven’t really noticed the difference in the scrolling either which is weird because I normally notice that type of thing and notice it straight away on a monitor.

The camera bump that I had a slight issue with is now not even noticeable at all.

Soldato
Had my 13 for a week now, don’t notice a difference at all in every day use from my 12 aside from the battery. It’s amazing. Well worth the upgrade for me.

I’ve only take half a dozen or so photos so not really had the chance to try these macro photos - opportunity hasn’t come up yet.

I haven’t really noticed the difference in the scrolling either which is weird because I normally notice that type of thing and notice it straight away on a monitor.

The camera bump that I had a slight issue with is now not even noticeable at all.
I agree I don’t see much difference in the scrolling either i though the 120 screen will show a difference but I don’t see any. I normally good at seeing these things.

Soldato
I can definitely notice the smoother scrolling on my 13 Pro Max as I have a work iPhone XR that I use a lot too, so with using the two devices on a regular basis, the difference is certainly there and certainly noticeable. But if I'm honest, I don't really care all that much about it. It's not a game changer, it doesn't change how I use my device or give it any more capabilities. For me it's just a small but nice touch I suppose.

Battery however is much improved, although I went from 12 Pro to 13 Pro Max so not an entirely fair comparison. I'd need to charge the 12 Pro every day, sometimes making it through to the end of the day with 20% battery left, sometimes up in the 40% area. My 13 Pro Max is currently on its 3rd day and I have 35% remaining, not bad going.

Back
Top Bottom