Poll: *** The official iPhone 13 (mini/pro/max) thread (The Pro Max has 120 Hz and everything!) ***

• Thread starter Deleted member 209350
  • Start date

Which iPhone 13 will you get?

• iPhone 13 mini

Votes: 20 10.6%
  • iPhone 13

Votes: 19 10.1%
  • iPhone 13 Pro

Votes: 73 38.8%
  • iPhone 13 Pro Max

Votes: 77 41.0%

• Total voters
Commissario
No, I’m fairly sure it’s always been just a single push to power the phone on. I don’t turn it off fully very often but have just done it a couple of times to check and I’m pretty sure that’s the behaviour I remember on all iPhones.

Associate
I think it’s something to do with ‘iPhone Findable After Power Off’? Have you tried the ‘Temporarily Turn Off Finding’ option and see if the iPhone turns on with one press?

Last edited:
Associate
I am on iPhone 11 + SE(2020) from work

Kids have an iPhone 6 plus / iPhone 7 plus.

I got my wife a 13 pro max for her birthday in September. She watches Youtube almost every waking hour of the day! It's worth a better battery for her and bigger screen.

I'd love USB-C. Although I quite like the wireless charging with the newer phones.

Soldato
Upgraded from a iPhone 8 Plus to a 13 Pro (also 256gb) two months ago, after having the 8 plus a few years - roughly since the iPhone X came out.

The main highlights / differences to me are the Screen (the resolution + 120hz refresh rate), cameras, FaceID, speaker is far better. It is a heavier and bulkier phone though than the 8 plus - immediately noticeable when you hold both in hand side by side. Generally speaking the rest of the experience feels the same, as expected but the battery life is amazing, could nearly go two days without needing to charge. I was put off going for the ProMax as it just felt unnecessarily large in the hand, definitely don't regret just going for the Pro.

I find it hard to justify the cost of the upgrade considering I felt the 8 Plus still did everything I need a phone to do and was still quick enough when it came to day to day use, apps etc.

Soldato
Upgraded from a iPhone 8 Plus to a 13 Pro (also 256gb) two months ago, after having the 8 plus a few years - roughly since the iPhone X came out.
How have you found the change in terms of comfort in the hand (as in sharp edges v rounded)?
The main highlights / differences to me are the Screen (the resolution + 120hz refresh rate), cameras, FaceID, speaker is far better. It is a heavier and bulkier phone though than the 8 plus - immediately noticeable when you hold both in hand side by side. Generally speaking the rest of the experience feels the same, as expected but the battery life is amazing, could nearly go two days without needing to charge. I was put off going for the ProMax as it just felt unnecessarily large in the hand, definitely don't regret just going for the Pro.

I find it hard to justify the cost of the upgrade considering I felt the 8 Plus still did everything I need a phone to do and was still quick enough when it came to day to day use, apps etc.

How have you found the change re how comfortable it feels in the hand (as in change from round edges go sharper edges)?

Soldato
How have you found the change re how comfortable it feels in the hand (as in change from round edges go sharper edges)?

Found the 13 pro very easy to hold and grip. The camera bump is a bit annoying though especially if you have the phone in landscape and you are trying to watch a video, it does get in the way a bit.

I do think the 8 plus was a great design though, a very sleek device. Side by side actually a bit longer/taller, but screen on the 13 pro is definitely bigger.

Associate
Well i changed from a Samsung s21 ultra to the iphone 13 pro max 1tb ...

A few things i do not like so far.
Notifications:- you cannot swipe right to dismiss them individually(unless I'm missing something} All or nothing.
Navigation:- around the phone itself. using gestures. i am used to using Swipe left to go back ect.

Email i am currently having major issues with my Gmail accounts. Unless i actually go into the mail app i get no notifications everything is set to push ect. driving me nuts.

is there a better email app to use with ios ?
If i can sort the Gmail problem i will be happy.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime

Notifications:- you cannot swipe right to dismiss them individually(unless I'm missing something} All or nothing.
Navigation:- around the phone itself. using gestures. i am used to using Swipe left to go back ect.

Email i am currently having major issues with my Gmail accounts. Unless i actually go into the mail app i get no notifications everything is set to push ect. driving me nuts.

If you expand a stack of notifications you can swipe individual ones and select clear.

Tried the Gmail app ?

Associate
If you expand a stack of notifications you can swipe individual ones and select clear.

Tried the Gmail app ?

Thank you for the reply. i was kinda hoping the default app would work. it does work if i manually go into the mail folder it then syncs and the emails come. but unless i go into the mail app i have no idea i have emails.

Commissario
Thank you for the reply. i was kinda hoping the default app would work. it does work if i manually go into the mail folder it then syncs and the emails come. but unless i go into the mail app i have no idea i have emails.
This may or may not be helpful but I have a couple of gmail accounts configured in the default mail app on my phone and notifications do work perfectly for them. I don't have to manually go into the folder or anything like that, it appears to work as well as iCloud email for me.

Soldato

Swipe right to go back and swipe left to go forward.

Tap the top of the screen to scroll to the top of the page is one not many people seem to know.

Associate
This may or may not be helpful but I have a couple of gmail accounts configured in the default mail app on my phone and notifications do work perfectly for them. I don't have to manually go into the folder or anything like that, it appears to work as well as iCloud email for me.

I am wondering if it to do with the notifications rather than the Gmail accounts themselves.

Soldato
I am wondering if it to do with the notifications rather than the Gmail accounts themselves.
Gmail doesn’t push to the iOS Mail app. The best you can do is set it so it ‘fetches’ email every 15mins (that’s the smallest time).
I did run with the mail app for my first year of iPhone but I ultimately defaulted to the dedicated Gmail app and it’s been great.

Believe it or not but some Google apps run and look better on iOS than they do on Android handsets.

Back
Top Bottom