Poll: *** The official iPhone 13 (mini/pro/max) thread (The Pro Max has 120 Hz and everything!) ***

• Thread starter Deleted member 209350
  • Start date

Which iPhone 13 will you get?

• iPhone 13 mini

Votes: 20 10.6%
  • iPhone 13

Votes: 19 10.1%
  • iPhone 13 Pro

Votes: 73 38.8%
  • iPhone 13 Pro Max

Votes: 77 41.0%

• Total voters
Soldato
I would ask why you need them? IF there only a few important ones then why not just copy and paste them over? Failing that just store in them in the format you have in Google Drive or something similar.

From memory this has been asked before and it is very difficult to do if at all possible

Caporegime
I gave up on that, WhatsApp is more important and I have an app that can transfer but it won't get past the first hurdle (detecting the backup of WhatsApp on Android).

Caporegime
It does but on the same cloud. The internet suggests it doesn't play ball from Android to iOS even with a cloud backup (has to be iCloud > iCloud or Google Drive > Google Drive).

All app solutions seem to involve a $20-30 fee.

Soldato
I'm afraid when it comes to WhatsApp there just isn't a simple (or free) method to move from Android to iOS.
I quickly gave up and just started afresh - to be honest it was quite liberating as I'd acquired an awful lot of rubbish over the years.
As was mentioned above - I exported any chats to Google Drive that I thought would be important, fortunately I haven't had to access them.

Caporegime
Yep I'm done. Just spent £35 for nothing. The messages show as if they have transferred over (you can see the last message in each chat on the main WhatsApp screen), but when you go into each chat - nothing is there.

This is has been positively horrible experience. Viber can't even send the 2FA message or call. You get way less storage space on iCloud. Some free (on Android) apps cost on iOS. Transferring data has been a nightmare. The camera is excellent for the few seconds I've played with it. I think I'm holding off my switch to iPhone for now.

Edit - my mother-in-law says typing on it is very good, that's a start :D.

Last edited:
Soldato
This is has been positively horrible experience. Viber can't even send the 2FA message or call. You get way less storage space on iCloud. Some free (on Android) apps cost on iOS.
Yep it can be quite the pain alright. The one thing I would say in this regard is, IME, many of the free Android apps are absolute garbage and in no way worth clogging up my phone with ads or third party authorisations.
You’ll find that any of the decent apps are paid for on both platforms. The only App I’ve ever paid for (and kept) is PhotoPills and I had to buy it twice - once on each.

Si.

Si.

Soldato
Looking at upgrading my 7 Plus to an iPhone 13. can anyone recommend a good wireless charging mat? never used one before so no idea what's good and what's not.

Si.

Si.

Soldato
I ended up getting an iPhone 13 (Red), huge improvement over the 7 Plus (As expected). It will take some time to get used to no home button or Touch ID. Looking forward to testing the camera out at the F1 next weekend.

Soldato
I ended up getting an iPhone 13 (Red), huge improvement over the 7 Plus (As expected). It will take some time to get used to no home button or Touch ID. Looking forward to testing the camera out at the F1 next weekend.

Awesome. That does sound like a big upgrade. Hope you enjoy it!

Soldato
Very jealous about the F1. And you’ll fit right in at the Ferrari garage :D

Soldato
Is there any way to use my 13 Pro Max as a webcam on my Mac Studio? I've been looking at webcams, and it seems stupid to spend £100 to £200 for a dedicated webcam when the iPhone video recording crushes it in quality (primarily if I use ProRes 4k).

If I can't connect it directly to the Mac Studio, is there a tripod I can use that is compatible with the iPhone 13 Pro Max? I need to record some simple vlogs.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
I'm looking to upgrade to a 13 Pro Max.

I have something in my head that says the features are limited by the storage, is that right?

For me storage becomes useful if you wish to store a lot of media / photos / videos physically on the device. For example you're traveling and taking a ton of photos and videos with limited access to offload these to iCloud to save space.

Personally I have everything in the cloud, as I always have access to wifi / internet.

Associate
I’ve recently moved from android to iPhone, the only problem I’m having is the low volume on notifications . I’ve read on several sites that this is just the way it’s going to be . Anyone else having the same issue, if so is there a way around the low notifications volume issue.

Back
Top Bottom