Poll: *** The official iPhone 13 (mini/pro/max) thread (The Pro Max has 120 Hz and everything!) ***

• Thread starter Deleted member 209350
  • Start date

Which iPhone 13 will you get?

• iPhone 13 mini

Votes: 20 10.6%
  • iPhone 13

Votes: 19 10.1%
  • iPhone 13 Pro

Votes: 73 38.8%
  • iPhone 13 Pro Max

Votes: 77 41.0%

• Total voters
Man of Honour
My 11 Pro has some minor screen damage and it's been doing my head in for a while. The battery isn't that great next to my work 13 I find the screen quite poor now. Insurance claim approved on the 11 and I have to send it in. So I’ve restored onto my work iPhone 13 and I might just keep using it and sell whatever I get sent back.

Soldato
Has anyone got the Magsafe battery pack? £100 seems a bit pricey, but sometimes I need the absolute most battery life on my phone. Or are there other battery packs that last longer and fast-charge an iPhone 13 Pro Max?

Commissario
fast-charge
For best efficiency, you don't want to fast charge as fast charging generates heat and that's wasted power. If you're looking to preserve life of a battery pack as well as charge the battery then it's probably better to top the charge off slowly through the lightning port so no energy is wasted as heat.

Even under heavy use, I get nearly two days battery life out of a 13 Pro Max though.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Has anyone got the Magsafe battery pack? £100 seems a bit pricey, but sometimes I need the absolute most battery life on my phone. Or are there other battery packs that last longer and fast-charge an iPhone 13 Pro Max?

It's £83 on Amazon right now, so could be worth grabbing it and seeing how it goes. Their returns policy is quite generous too if it doesn't work out.

Alternatively Anker do one that is half the price (also has a 15% voucher you can currently apply)

Permabanned
Ordered my son a 13 mini as his older iphone is just flat all the time.

Whats the benefit of the magsafe thing? Just that it sticks to the phone? £80 for a tiny battery, because Apple...... :confused:......... Is it not better to get a £20 10000mAH Anker slim he can put in his backpack, I dont get it. :cry:

Soldato
It's £83 on Amazon right now, so could be worth grabbing it and seeing how it goes. Their returns policy is quite generous too if it doesn't work out.

Alternatively Anker do one that is half the price (also has a 15% voucher you can currently apply)

I was looking at this:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Anker-PowerCore-Charging-Samsung-AirPods-Black/dp/B09SFS9J2K/ref=sr_1_4

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Ordered my son a 13 mini as his older iphone is just flat all the time.

Whats the benefit of the magsafe thing? Just that it sticks to the phone? £80 for a tiny battery, because Apple...... :confused:......... Is it not better to get a £20 10000mAH Anker slim he can put in his backpack, I dont get it. :cry:

'cos Apple.

Yea of course if you're not set on some kinda of magnetic pack that can attach via MagSafe, the choices open up vastly to all the various battery packs. Anker are a good brand.

Man of Honour
My 11 Pro has some minor screen damage and it's been doing my head in for a while. The battery isn't that great next to my work 13 I find the screen quite poor now. Insurance claim approved on the 11 and I have to send it in. So I’ve restored onto my work iPhone 13 and I might just keep using it and sell whatever I get sent back.
A few weeks using the 13 exclusively, the only thing I miss is the 2x camera lens. Apart from that it's working perfectly and I've just turned off the work SIM. I sold my 11 Pro to Music Magpie and I'll use the money I would spend on the 14 towards the new watch. Unless the 14 Pro comes with something groundbreaking that is.

Soldato
Anyone got the MagSafe Wallet? Seen that the new version comes with Find My.

Worth the outlay?
I have it and personally I don’t think so - certainly not at RRP anyway.
I bought mine a few months back when there was a bit of a loophole involving Argos and JL. Argos reduced the 1st gen to clearance for £23 IIRC but had it listed as the 2nd gen. Then a bunch of people (including myself) got JL to price match the actual 2nd gen one.

Long story short, that £23 was about all I was willing to pay. It also helped that I was actually on the lookout for a new wallet that week anyway.

It’s worth noting that the Find My feature only notes where the wallet detached from your phone. So it’s no good if you’re trying to find it like AirPods or AirTag etc.
So for that reason it may be worthwhile looking at a third party option. There are a couple of very reputable ones on Amazon, Spigen I think is one of them.

Associate
Hi Guys,

I currently have a Samsung Galaxy Note 9, I've had it for 3 1/2 years and it's been great but really itching for an upgrade now.

I'm looking at either the iPhone 13 Pro Max but have been put off with this article.

Can anyone clarify if they've suffered poorer call quality or issues with the other person on the other end?

Many thanks

Soldato
Hi Guys,

I currently have a Samsung Galaxy Note 9, I've had it for 3 1/2 years and it's been great but really itching for an upgrade now.

I'm looking at either the iPhone 13 Pro Max but have been put off with this article.

Can anyone clarify if they've suffered poorer call quality or issues with the other person on the other end?

Many thanks
I have the 13PM and I wasn’t even aware this issue existed so I guess that means I’m happy with mine.

Last edited:
Soldato
Hi Guys,

Many thanks

I think many people don’t understand what this is

It isn’t a noise cancellation for your voice, it’s a noise cancellation for your earpiece speaker when on a call, to make it easier to hear the other person.

I suspect they’ve had to remove it for the same reason the noise cancellation on AirPod Pro Gen 1 has gotten worse - Apple are in a patent dispute over their noise cancellation methodology.

Associate
Hi Guys,

Many thanks

I bought the Iphone 13 so my daughter could have my old 8+, On hindsight I shouldn't have done that the 8+ is a better phone than the 13, the 13 is not an upgrade, it is a very poor phone for the money.

Associate
I have the 13PM and I wasn’t even aware this issue existed so I guess that means I’m happy with mine.
Sounds good, have you used calls via speaker phone as well?
Apparently the issues stem around that rather than calls through the earpiece.
I also had the 13PM, and now the 14PM, and I too didn't know of this 'problem', so would advise you to just go ahead with your purchase! After a Samsung, you're gonna love the iPhone :)
I'm looking forward to revisiting iOS, my last iPhone was a iPhone 5 from 2012!
Have you also had any issues with call quality issues via speakerphone?
I think many people don’t understand what this is

It isn’t a noise cancellation for your voice, it’s a noise cancellation for your earpiece speaker when on a call, to make it easier to hear the other person.

I suspect they’ve had to remove it for the same reason the noise cancellation on AirPod Pro Gen 1 has gotten worse - Apple are in a patent dispute over their noise cancellation methodology.
I did kinda think that, but so much conflicting information about.
I don't tend to use the earpiece much but now I've read issues about voice being cut off via speakerphone, have you had any issues?

Back
Top Bottom