Poll: *** The official iPhone 14 thread (it can talk to satellites, has AOD and everything!) ***

Which iPhone 14 will you get?

• Total voters

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

Seriously people are still persisting with this god awful pill/circle cutout? It's abhorrent and very not like Apple in design.... No way.
What possible use are those pixels between the pill and circle? Would be far more aesthetically pleasing to link the two into one symmetrical pill sat in the middle rather than this jarring "solution".

But with this we can finally get the battery % back at the top

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

0.7% narrower :D I wanted at least 10% narrower.

Yeah I may have misread the numbers at first... What a shame, but a small step in the right direction I suppose.

The real issue seems to be how the camera bumps just keep getting larger and larger

Soldato
Yeah I may have misread the numbers at first... What a shame, but a small step in the right direction I suppose.

The real issue seems to be how the camera bumps just keep getting larger and larger

Don't worry, we're slowly getting there:

qfWcR3f.jpg

Associate
Seriously people are still persisting with this god awful pill/circle cutout? It's abhorrent and very not like Apple in design.... No way.
What possible use are those pixels between the pill and circle? Would be far more aesthetically pleasing to link the two into one symmetrical pill sat in the middle rather than this jarring "solution".

I think most people will see the loss of the notch outweigh any potential issues with the layout of the cutouts tbh.

People will have the regular 14/14 Max to go for if the Pro models don’t appeal to them this time round as well.

Soldato
With the Pro "leaks" suggesting the camera bump is here to stay, is it safe to assume that the non-Pro model will likely keep the bump from the 13? One of the main reasons for me holding out for the 14 were the first leaks suggesting the body would grow deeper to make the cameras sit flush, but I feel that is now less likely.

Associate
With the Pro "leaks" suggesting the camera bump is here to stay, is it safe to assume that the non-Pro model will likely keep the bump from the 13? One of the main reasons for me holding out for the 14 were the first leaks suggesting the body would grow deeper to make the cameras sit flush, but I feel that is now less likely.

Yeah I'd say so. I think if the bump is there for the Pro, it will be there for the regular 14/14 Max.

Soldato
Does appear USB-C is not happening with the 14 based on recent "leaked" renders which given its meant to be able to shoot 8k video makes the decision to stick with thunderbolt even more perplexing!

Soldato
Lightning, not Thunderbolt. Thunderbolt is a different standard and would be ideal.

Thunderbolt would be awesome :D

@Rimsy USB-C was never going to happen for iPhone 14. There are no credible rumours that Apple is even considering this. All rumours suggest lightning would remain until Apple goes completely portless in a few years.

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

Apple truly a perplexing company when it comes to certain things, how can they do so much right and so much wrong at the same time

Soldato
Yeah its a big reason I've held off switching so far too. It just doesnt make sense to keep hampering their phones with such an inferior technology when they have already moved onto it with most of their other bits of kit. Baffling.

Soldato
Apple truly a perplexing company when it comes to certain things, how can they do so much right and so much wrong at the same time

When the right thing for the customers is the wrong thing for their business strategy and eventually bottom line, Apple always picks their bottom line. They will never willingly reduce the friction of migrating away from their products.

I hope it will have USB-C, then i can finally get rid of the Lightning cable. It’s 50% of the reason i am not getting the 13.

Then it will be 50% of the reason you won't get the 14 as well :D

Soldato
Thunderbolt would be awesome :D

@Rimsy USB-C was never going to happen for iPhone 14. There are no credible rumours that Apple is even considering this. All rumours suggest lightning would remain until Apple goes completely portless in a few years.

Portless? with 8K video recordings sat on your phone? Will this portless phone include a free weekend break every time you have to wait a few days to wirelesslessy transfer these massive movies? :D Airplay has some way to go....

They must make a ton of money selling the cables and/or licencing it out.

Fair point hadnt thought of that

Soldato
They must make a ton of money selling the cables and/or licencing it out.

Lightning cables/plugs are a rounding error for Apple, probably wouldn't even be 0.01% of their revenues. They usually give away these for free if you just ask them.

iPhone is 60% of their revenues. This is a strategic decision to lock people into the ecosystem and making it difficult and expensive to replace your iPhone with anything other than another iPhone.

Imagine you got multiple cables in various rooms in your home and in your car, you have an alarm clock next to your bed (with lightning), your AirPods/Beat charge with lightning, same as your power bank. If all of these were USB-c, getting another phone is easy. But now? You just buy another iPhone or you have to replace them all.

That's why Apple never certifies any adapter that allows a Lightning accessory to be used via USB-C, even for iPads. That makes it possible to use existing iPhone accessories with Android phones. The reverse? Absolutely. Because Apple wants you to be able to use existing Android accessories with an iPhone, if that means you buy an iPhone.

Portless? with 8K video recordings sat on your phone? Will this portless phone include a free weekend break every time you have to wait a few days to wirelesslessy transfer these massive movies? :D Airplay has some way to go....

Fair point hadnt thought of that

Didn't say it will go portless today :D

Although the USB 2.0 speeds out of that lightning port mean you need that weekend break anyway... Funny thing is that Apple did make a USB 3.0 Lightning port (for 2015 iPad Pro), but never used it on iPhones, they're still USB 2.0 speed.

Soldato

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

iPhone 14 series may be getting a bit taller:

As nano is likely to be dropped, we may still get 4 models: smaller iPhone 14 and 14 Pro, larger iPhone 14 Max and 14 Pro Max.

Slightly taller and thinner making it easier to use 1 handed?

Might finally be time to go back to full size

Back
Top Bottom