• iPhone XS Max - 512Gb

Votes: 11 2.3%
  • iPhone XR - 64Gb

Votes: 27 5.7%
  • iPhone XR - 128Gb

Votes: 32 6.8%
  • iPhone XR - 512Gb

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Too expensive,, I won't be getting one.

Votes: 107 22.7%
  • Not interested, I won't be getting one.

Votes: 122 25.8%

• Total voters
Man of Honour
Hmm, Apple will give me £550 for my iPhone X, so that makes the cost to get the Max a little easier to swallow. Does anyone know if they will transfer the remaining Apple care, or would I get a pro rata refund?

Associate
I think the band is meant to be slightly larger than glass, that stops it insta cracking when you drop it... they are all like it

Apple QC / QA is so high, the odds of you having two bad phones are like winning the lottery

I’ll respectfully disagree, coming from an iPhone X which was flawless with no gaps whatsoever, it was smooth all the way round. :)

Regarding Apple QC that’s what I thought as well, on the first one the band had a larger gap at the bottom compared to the second one which was flush, I could fit the edge of a piece of paper in it, plus it had roughness all round the screen with little gaps in the thin plastic bezel.

Second one the band was slightly separated from the glass back all down one side so it felt sharp when holding, I’m not really OCD with these things but it didn’t feel comfortable holding it.

I’ll put another order in when I get a refund from the second one and hopefully there won’t be any issues.

There’s a long thread about iPhone Xs cosmetic / fitment issues on macrumors where lots of people have experienced similar issues, maybe there was a slight hiccup on the production line.

Maybe I’ll put extra numbers on the lottery this weekend :D

Associate
Anyone go with space grey this year? Had a silver x and both the Xs max I returned were silver, do fancy a change but concerned how the coating holds up, silver polsihes out really easy but if you scratch the black there’s not much you can do.

Associate
Very tempted by the grey, just had my silver one collected I brought from curry’s so will be ordering direct from apple now as they have stock.

Associate
Anyone recommend a good card holder case for the XS Max? (So I can carry debit/ID etc).

Something similar to the TwelveSouth ones on the Apple site (they don’t yet make it for the XS Max). Not interested in the flip cases though.

Currently got the apple official leather case. Even a magnetic card holder on the back of the case would be useful but I can’t find anything along those lines.

Cheers

Associate
Anyone recommend a good card holder case for the XS Max? (So I can carry debit/ID etc).

Something similar to the TwelveSouth ones on the Apple site (they don’t yet make it for the XS Max). Not interested in the flip cases though.

Currently got the apple official leather case. Even a magnetic card holder on the back of the case would be useful but I can’t find anything along those lines.

Cheers

Torro do a nice folio,

TORRO Premium Leather iPhone XS Max case, Stand Case for Apple iPhone XS Max (Handmade, Black Italian leather) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07H41TSY6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_5GCXBbAB9SQYM

Or check Kavaj cases

KAVAJ iPhone XS Max 6.5" Case Leather Tokyo Black, Supports Wireless Charging (Qi), Slim-Fit Genuine Leather iPhone XS Max Wallet Case Leather Bumper Case with Business Card Holder Cover https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07GXFN7D3/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_p0CXBb5JQ4MFE

KAVAJ iPhone XS Max 6.5" Case Leather"Dallas" Black, Supports Wireless Charging (Qi), Slim-Fit Genuine Leather iPhone XS Max Wallet Case Leather Bumper Case with Business Card Holder Cover https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07H4G99PG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_Y5CXBbN3WWD3E

Last edited:
Soldato
I've booked a Genius Bar appointment to have a look at the screen on mine. I'm pretty sure it shouldn't have the weird shimmer and orange cast that it does. It'll be interesting to compare it to other phones in the store.

Associate
So after my third attempt I’m finally in possession of a perfectly put together iPhone Xs max, no sharp edges or misalignment issues, space grey is a lovely colour.

I wonder if they had a few early teething problems with the silver models.

Soldato
So after my third attempt I’m finally in possession of a perfectly put together iPhone Xs max, no sharp edges or misalignment issues, space grey is a lovely colour.

I wonder if they had a few early teething problems with the silver models.

Very strange at least your now sorted.

Associate
Ive the Space grey and love it.. I had the Silver X so this time when Space grey and prefer it to be honest and it the XS Max

Agreed it’s a lovely looking phone, my X was silver as well, but space grey really suits a larger phone.

The silver Xs max is very nice but there was something about the silver edges making it seem bigger than it actually is, black just blends in all around.

Soldato
Agreed it’s a lovely looking phone, my X was silver as well, but space grey really suits a larger phone.

The silver Xs max is very nice but there was something about the silver edges making it seem bigger than it actually is, black just blends in all around.

Yes I agree with you the black does make it look a smaller phone compare to the silver your very right there

Caporegime
I was sorely tempted to get the silver but went for the gold one, which imho is absolutely gorgeous.

Just waiting on my bare case to arrive so I can get rid of this cheap nasty clear cover that has big edges to protect it from any drops.

Back
Top Bottom