*** The Official Takeaway Voucher Code Thread ***

Soldato
Hardly use Just Eat these days. Always cheaper to just go round an do a collection. No delivery fee or rip off "service charge" plus most of the local unclean places have deals and collection offers which you can't get on Just Eat.

That charge is the reason I stopped using them.

Soldato
That charge is the reason I stopped using them.

I've stopped using them as well.

Our local curry shop is trying to entice people over to foodhub - i would guess they pay less of a fee.

I actually use our local curry shops website as they give better discounts than JE and foodhub.

Soldato
Hardly use Just Eat these days. Always cheaper to just go round an do a collection. No delivery fee or rip off "service charge" plus most of the local unclean places have deals and collection offers which you can't get on Just Eat.

Just Eat tried to charge me a £1 service charge early this evening despite that I'd opted for collection. I cancelled the order and just went to the takeaway.

I mentioned it to them (the takeaway) and they've said they've had loads of complaints regarding it. Apparently JE added the service charge because they aren't allowed to charge for credit/debit card use anymore. Takeaway said they're not renewing their JE contract when it ends as it's costing them customers. They pay JE for the service so why are they adding charges to the customer aswell.

Soldato
OP
Just Eat tried to charge me a £1 service charge early this evening despite that I'd opted for collection. I cancelled the order and just went to the takeaway.

I mentioned it to them (the takeaway) and they've said they've had loads of complaints regarding it. Apparently JE added the service charge because they aren't allowed to charge for credit/debit card use anymore. Takeaway said they're not renewing their JE contract when it ends as it's costing them customers. They pay JE for the service so why are they adding charges to the customer aswell.

It's why I hardly use JE these days. A 12" pizza from a local place costs £7 on JE + £1 delivery + 50p service charge. Or I can phone up and order and go and collect it myself for £4 with their collection only offer. It's a no brainer. Only time I order in now is if I'm ****** off my box.

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
Just used this when ordering some KFC.

They delivered Pepsi instead of 7up, called Just Eat and complained, they tried to just give a refund for the drink (was part of meal), I argued that was not good enough, as they could not redeliver the correct drink, in the end they gave £10 voucher for next order. :cool:

Caporegime
Just used this when ordering some KFC.

They delivered Pepsi instead of 7up, called Just Eat and complained, they tried to just give a refund for the drink (was part of meal), I argued that was not good enough, as they could not redeliver the correct drink, in the end they gave £10 voucher for next order. :cool:
They did that for me when my KFC was half hour late. They’re generous with refunds.

Soldato
was curious, never used them ... chip shop 200yds away
... for justeat you have to spend £15 nonetheless at kfc, and then a delivery charge of £2.50 ? doesn't sound very cheap ...

Man of Honour
was curious, never used them ... chip shop 200yds away
... for justeat you have to spend £15 nonetheless at kfc, and then a delivery charge of £2.50 ? doesn't sound very cheap ...

There's free delivery and no minimum spend at 'branded' restaurants until the end of the month. :)

Back
Top Bottom