***The Official LG Optimus G2 Thread***

Soldato
There are definitely deals to be had without redemption offers etc. My deal on a 16GB unit as above works out at just over 500 quid for 2 years with unlimited texts, calls and 5GB data on Orange.

Got some time now so gonna fire the beast up and have a mess!

Soldato
Planning on getting this phone just not sure wether to get it on contract or buy it unlocked :/ can get the 32Gb version for £375 + £240 for credit for 2years or on contract it will cost £696 but thats only 16Gb

I think you just answered your own question.

If you can afford it I'd always advise buying outright

Soldato
To early to say about battery at moment as it's first day I've been using this rom

Email app FC but I don't use this (only gmail) but the dev has fixed this and will be out on his next update.

Apart from that the stock weather widget is slightly broke, (shows no images or animation) but I'm using yahoo weather so no problems there.

Apart from split view there's very little difference between the g2 and the flex.

Still early days with this rom but it's perfect daily driver.

All these flashing is addictive as hell! I've not stayed on one Rom for more than 2 days lol

Soldato
Has anyone had an n5 and g2 concurrently; is the experience of the n5 better in terms of responsiveness and smoothness?

I very much enjoy the nexus experience but the camera of the g2 is swaying me toward the g2. However given that there is an overlay in the g2 I am wondering if this is detrimental to the experience when compared to the lean mean n5.

Soldato
yep, ive had both N5 and now the G2

Wasn't impressed with the N5 speaker and camera especially for a £300 device. Plus imo the screen is not as good as the G2

Returned it for a refund at CPW and bought the G2 32Gb for £389 on ebay.

very happy with the G2, battery is just immense, only other phone ive had that has better battery is the Note 3 but thats a phablet :)

Soldato
I couldn't give a crap about beats lol

How's the speaker? Boomsound is pretty awesome and probably one of the things that sets this phone apart more than anything.

I hear battery life is better on the G2? I usually don't get below 50% through the working day on the One.

Associate
I couldn't give a crap about beats lol

How's the speaker? Boomsound is pretty awesome and probably one of the things that sets this phone apart more than anything.

I hear battery life is better on the G2? I usually don't get below 50% through the working day on the One.

The speaker isnt loud at all compared to the HTC One but its not terrible but the battery life and CPU are awesome. not a doomed move at all.

Soldato
Has anyone had an n5 and g2 concurrently; is the experience of the n5 better in terms of responsiveness and smoothness?

I very much enjoy the nexus experience but the camera of the g2 is swaying me toward the g2. However given that there is an overlay in the g2 I am wondering if this is detrimental to the experience when compared to the lean mean n5.

I have both phones at the moment and in terms of responsiveness and smoothness the N5 is much better than the G2, however stock android is pretty much lame as there's not much to it; the screen is also brighter on the N5 compared to the G2.

If that's you kind of bag and you want a lag free, smooth experience and the latest android go for the N5.

However the battery life reigns supreme on the G2 and totally trounces the N5, the camera has a lot more options and generally performs better, however the N5 does have an edge in low light conditions.

LG has also added several useful features into its ROM which are actually quite useful, it has an IR blaster and the speaker is slightly better than the N5, this also applies to music output via headphones.

Technically the N5 is better in terms of user experience and software but the G2 has the edge in overall as there's something about the N5 that is very "soul-less" and indeed is extremely vanilla.

Soldato
only O2 have the 32Gb models in the UK, the rest are 16Gb

many people just buy new from ebay and get them shipped over, around £370-£390 for 32Gb model.

you will mosyt probably want the 32Gb model though :) its about 25Gb gb free out of the box

Back
Top Bottom